active forum

SF

Mar 5, 2016, 6:16:46 AM3/5/16
was looking for side effects of harvoni (I’m worried about eyeproblems). Still waiting to get into the program

Thip

Mar 6, 2016, 11:07:36 AM3/6/16
Crap, I just did "Reply" instead of "Reply Group."  Anyway:

If you're on Facebook, there's a really excellent (and private) support group there called "Hepatitis C Family and Friends."  It's worldwide and just has tons of information.

Good luck with the Harvoni.  I'm going to be doing my 6-month PCR in a few days.  You won't find anything about the aftereffects of Harvoni, just what's unofficially reported by patients.

Personally, my eyes are screwed up, my ears are screwed up, my digestion is screwed up, my thyroid quit working, and I feel like shit.  I felt better before tx, even with a liver teetering on the brink of failure.  I sometimes wish I'd left it alone.

SF

Mar 6, 2016, 4:51:15 PM3/6/16
"Thip" <m...@privacy.net> schreef in bericht news:nbhkef$9tj$1...@dont-email.me...
Thanks Thip for your reply (sorry that I don’t share my email here)
I’m not on facebook, keep getting groups and people that I can only follow via facebook. (I’m on google+ but I’m not talking about hep-c there). I asked that doctor if anyone had eyeproblems and she said no. I’m getting a new doctor because she doesn’t have time to give me tx. I’ll ask again when I get the new doctor next appointment, but reading what you write now I’m starting to wonder if I did the right thing to keep asking for this medication. Shame that you only can rely on unofficial reports, that big pharma don’t tell the full truth
Have you tried probiotica for your digestion? After taking antibiotics it helps restoring the right bacteria, perhaps it will help for this too?
Can you live without a thyroid?

SF

Joliet Jake

Mar 6, 2016, 7:56:03 PM3/6/16
Thip wrote:
> Personally, my eyes are screwed up, my ears are screwed up, my
> digestion is screwed up, my thyroid quit working, and I feel like
> shit. I felt better before tx, even with a liver teetering on the
> brink of failure. I sometimes wish I'd left it alone.

I finished treatment last July and it took over three months to start
feeling alright again. I was on V-Pak and Riba. I think Riba was the
culprit for taking so long for the meds to leave my system. I didn't
have any problems with my ears or eyes other than a cataract but I had
that before treatment.

--
Joliet Jake
"Go get on the plane and go home", Trump to Christie

Thip

Mar 7, 2016, 10:55:44 AM3/7/16
"Joliet Jake" <bl...@brothers.neth> wrote in message
> Thip wrote:
>> Personally, my eyes are screwed up, my ears are screwed up, my
>> digestion is screwed up, my thyroid quit working, and I feel like
>> shit. I felt better before tx, even with a liver teetering on the
>> brink of failure. I sometimes wish I'd left it alone.
>
> I finished treatment last July and it took over three months to start
> feeling alright again. I was on V-Pak and Riba. I think Riba was the
> culprit for taking so long for the meds to leave my system. I didn't have
> any problems with my ears or eyes other than a cataract but I had that
> before treatment.

I did 24 weeks of Harvoni. There's so little known about the aftereffects;
I can't find much at all. Of course, the disease battered my old body for
41 years and I have 3 prior attempts with inf + riba. It just strikes me as
strange that it all suddenly fell apart during and after Harvoni.

Joliet Jake

Mar 7, 2016, 11:51:43 AM3/7/16
So how long since you finished treatment?

Thip

Mar 7, 2016, 12:46:22 PM3/7/16

> Thip wrote:
>> "Joliet Jake" <bl...@brothers.neth> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I finished treatment last July and it took over three months to start
>>> feeling alright again. I was on V-Pak and Riba. I think Riba was the
>>> culprit for taking so long for the meds to leave my system. I didn't
>>> have any problems with my ears or eyes other than a cataract but I had
>>> that before treatment.
>>>

>> I did 24 weeks of Harvoni. There's so little known about the
>> aftereffects; I can't find much at all. Of course, the disease battered
>> my old body for 41 years and I have 3 prior attempts with inf + riba.
>> It just strikes me as strange that it all suddenly fell apart during and
>> after Harvoni.
>
> So how long since you finished treatment?
>
> --

6 months.

Joliet Jake

Mar 7, 2016, 1:21:24 PM3/7/16
Well, I went for 12 weeks and it took about four months to start feeling
normal. You went for 24 weeks so if it's a math thing, you should start
feeling better soon!

Thip

Mar 7, 2016, 3:58:46 PM3/7/16
"Joliet Jake" <bl...@brothers.neth> wrote in message
Thanks for that. :-) Seeing the doctor Friday (assuming I have the energy
to drive 120 miles round trip), so we'll see.