Life Foundation School of Therapeutics – information please

Sandra B

Feb 17, 2002, 3:14:55 PM2/17/02
I am concerned about the organisation behind Life Foundation School of
Therapeutics. It is led by Manny Patel. Members of this group teach
Dru Yoga and other courses, run a health food store in Bangor, and
live as a community in several properties based in North Wales and
Wolverhampton. They are also the organisation behind the
International Peace Flame. If anyone has any experience of this
group, please let me know. They are UK based - they are not linked to
other organisations known as LIFE Foundation.

Andries krugers Dagneaux

Feb 18, 2002, 12:32:14 PM2/18/02
> If anyone has any experience of this group, please let me know. They are UK > based

Their website http://www.druyoga.com/

I have a little experience because I have a friend who is involved in
it. They are also quite popular in the Netherlands where they have a
subsidiary in Zetten.

They have mainstream Hindu philosophy inspired among others by Mahatma
Gandhi but I think that Dhru yoga (which I found quite physical) was
developed by Mansukh Patel. Some time ago there was every Sunday on
Dutch tv an explanation of the Bhagavad Gita by Mansukh Patel. I found
him very good.

There are quite a lot of other religious teachers apart from Mansukh
Patel who work hard for their living in Wales.

They don't see themselves as a new religious movement but more as a
school of therapeutics. I don't agree with them about that.

They refused to issue a warning against Sathya Sai Baba although I
kept nagging about that.

Kind Regards, Andries

Sandra B

Feb 19, 2002, 5:15:23 PM2/19/02
You wrote:

"They don't see themselves as a new religious movement but more as a
school of therapeutics. I don't agree with them about that."

Could you say a little more about why you see them as a NRM?

Andries krugers Dagneaux

Feb 20, 2002, 1:29:57 PM2/20/02
sand...@hotmail.com (Sandra B) wrote in message

> Could you say a little more about why you see them as a NRM?

Take a look at their website and you will see that it is a Hindu
religious organisation doing social work like so many other
organisations.

Frankly I don't know what dhru stands for but there are a lot of
different forms of yoga in Hinduism e.g. yoga asanas, bhakti yoga,
jnani yoga, karma yoga, hatha yoga. All differ very much from each
other. Some are only a form of sadhana (spiritual excercise) e.g.
bhakti yoga that can take the form of saying a mantra using a japamala
(rosary). Some are more physical with postures (e.g. hatha yoga and
dhru yoga) that are generally known as simply 'yoga' to the public.

In classical Hinduism all those forms of yoga are meant to come closer
to God e.g. Vishnu, Krishna, Shiva, Brahman (supreme absolute), Jesus,
Sai Baba or what ever the ishta devatta (chosen deity) of the seeker
may be.

I am not a pandit (scholar) so I may be mistaken. I find Hinduism a
very complicated religion.

Kind regards, Andries

prayl...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 5:33:05 PM3/5/18