I Need Some Advice

Jeannine McArthur

Dec 29, 2014, 5:25:22 PM12/29/14
My name is Jean, I'm 56 years old and have been through menopause for roughly 8 to 10 years. Now, after experiencing some minor bleeding and spotting, my gynecologist had me get an internal sonogram. The results were not good, the lining of my uterus is thickened enough to worry my doctor and she wants to perform a D&C procedure next week to biopsy the material they collect. Needless to say, I'm more than a little frightened about what might be the results and if it's malignant the possibility of surgery and chemotherapy does not comfort me in the least. It's not about vanity if chemo causes me to lose my hair, it's more about how hideous going through chemo, then spending the next several hours puking my guts up. That's the part that terrifies me the most, that and if I end up going through all that only to still possibly be sick and putting my sweet, loving husband through this nightmare as well.

Any words of advice will very much appreciated,

Thanks So Much, Jean Mc.

Amanda George

Jan 2, 2015, 12:41:38 PM1/2/15
Jeannine McArthur <jeanm...@yahoo.com> wrote in
Could you maybe express your concerns to your Gynae and ask her if she
can help to put your mind at rest a bit? Other than that, I swear by
ginger for nausea and vomitting but check with your doc before trying it
just in case?