Lupron and Memory Loss

Tenzin Jamyang SHOMAR

Feb 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/24/98

Hey all.

I was just wondering if any of you have experienced any sort of memory
loss / confusion from taking Lupron. I have had my fifth injection of
Lupron, and had a laparotomy in July.

I'm a 22 year old student, who often finds herself in a bit of a
confused state. I forget little, simple things. Has anyone else had
these symptoms??

Please respond to both the newsgroup and my email, since I may not get a
chance to look at the messages posted before they are erased by my
school.

Thanks, Ten :)
ten...@rocketmail.com

HCG91570

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

>I was just wondering if any of you have experienced any sort of memory loss /
confusion from taking Lupron.<<

Hi Ten...

Ummm...what was the question again? I've forgotten already...

Seriously...I have been off Lupron since Nov of '96 and I still have problems
like this (I had the problems all throughout my injections, too...I was told
they would go away...yeah right). I have absolutely no recollection of events
that took place or people that I've spoken to, and sometimes I find myself
wondering how to either spell simple words or searching for the word I meant to
use next, for instance. It's very aggravating and frustrating, to say the
least. Nor do I see any signs of it improving anytime soon...the folks over at
TAP Pharmaceuticals say that short term memory loss is a common side effect,
but they didn't say that it would last for the rest of your life!

I'll copy you on email with this post, as well...if I can remember...=)

All the best,
Heather

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/9783/
also see AOL keyword: Endometriosis@Thrive

ROBINMK

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

I just received my sixth injection of Lupron last Friday. I have had problems
with my memory. I did have problems remembering before the lupron, but since
the lupron, it has gotten worse. I also have the problem of when I am talking
about something, all of a sudden, I forget completely about what I was saying.
Sometimes it comes back to me, and other times it doesn't.

I am told that the lupron is the cause of the memory loss. Let's hope that is
true.

I hope this helps.

Robin

Raven2wren

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

>I was just wondering if any of you have experienced any sort of memory
>loss / confusion from taking Lupron

Dear Ten,

Oh, YES Me too. This is embarrassing to say that between the Lupron, the pain,
my last surgery, or whatever, I have HUGE memory blanks. I am prone to
blocking out bad memories to comfort myself in hard times, so I can't blame it
all on Lupron. It is a self protection feature that is really a wonderful gift.

I can remember the day of the surgery (Nov 7) and Thanksgiving. I can remember
pieces of Christmas Day (thank GOD for the camcorder). If someone says
"Remeber this or that" then it comes to me, but I am a total loss to remember
on my own.

I am not usually like this, I can remember being potty trained!!! No JOKE. I
am better now that I am off the Lupron, but it freaks me out when I get an
email from someone I typed at those months and I have to stumble through my
notes to remember their name.

Luckily, i was aware of the memory problems and I made tons of notes for
myself. If anyone thinks that I forgot them, let me know because I will
remember as soon as you remind me!!!

Love hugs and kisses,

Jenny

THERESADEL

Feb 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/25/98

Dear Ten,

Memory loss - it was awful for the first 2 months after starting the lupron
shots in December. I thought I was losing my mind (and so did my family).

By the third & last shot, my memory has improved quite a bit. There are times
that I still feel like I'm missing something, but I feel that I'm almost back
to normal, as far as that goes.

I decided after the 3rd shot in January that I couldn't take the side effects
anymore - insomnia, bloated feeling all the time, nausea, migraine headaches,
thighs were fuller & yet I lost 8 pounds, arthritis got worse, muscle spasms &
pain. My eyesight also is very blurry most of the time (I already wear glasses
and/or contacts), I also fly off the handle a lot more.

I've felt better since taking the lupron, at least I don't have that horrible
pain like I did. I hope I made the right decision about not taking any more
shots.

Please let me know how you felt after taking the 3rd shot. My husband feels I
should take more shots. Let me know about you.

Health to you,
Theresa

Dick Eney

Feb 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/26/98

In article <34F39C...@rocketmail.com>,

Tenzin Jamyang SHOMAR <tsh...@po-box.mcgill.ca> wrote:

>I was just wondering if any of you have experienced any sort of memory
>loss / confusion from taking Lupron. I have had my fifth injection of
>Lupron, and had a laparotomy in July.
>
>I'm a 22 year old student, who often finds herself in a bit of a
>confused state. I forget little, simple things. Has anyone else had
>these symptoms??

Yes. It was the reason I stopped after the second shot of Lupron. I
hated not being able to remember things, having to search for words, etc.
I was already starting to get that way a little, being middle-aged, but
this was far worse. Fortunately, most of my memory ability came back
after my periods resumed (and the pain with them, but less than it was).
It took about six months for my memory to get back to what I think is
normal for me.

The symptom is listed in the Physicians Desk Reference, but in the Lupron
Survivors Network there are cases listed of far worse side effects,
including measured IQ loss (of course, memory trouble would cause that
effect on a written test, wouldn't it).

=Tamar (age 48 at the time of the shots)

Opus

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

Haven't been able to stay 'up' w/ all the postings of late ... but this one
really caught my eye. I stayed on Lupron longer than I should have, I'm
sure of it. I have had incredible memory loss. I had not realized this
could be from my use of Lupron. It's gotten so bad that at age 33, my
husband calls me his 'little Alzheimer girl'! (in jest, of course).

Dick Eney

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98

In article <6d9s3a$gtl$1...@grouper.exis.net>,

Many, many women have had memory losses due to Lupron. Data is available
from the National Lupron Victims Network website:

http://www.voicenet.com/~nlvn/index.html#a

(That is the index page which lists many reports on Lupron.)

The good news is that sometimes the memory comes back.

=Tamar

get.b...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2015, 3:52:45 AM4/24/15
Don't. I had three shots 10 years ago and still have memory loss. Less articulate. Forget entire conversations. Trouble retaining information.