Alternative Therapy: Feldenkrais for Dystonia

JVol...@aol.com

Mar 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/19/97
to JVol...@aol.com

Hello,

The following is a copy of an article recently published in the NSTA
(National Spasmodic Torticollis Association) newsletter. I thought it
may be helpful to other dystonia patients who might be interested in
trying an alternative therapy called Feldenkrais. It has helped me
immensely!

Best Wishes,

Joanne Volponi

>>From the Other Side
By Joyce Dye

I would like to share with you the story of one of our members who has
successfully used an alternative treatment to improve her dystonic
symptoms and with it, the quality of her life. Joanne Volponi first began
experiencing symptoms in October of 1993. By February of 1994, she was
forced to take a medical leave from her job. Like many of us, she saw
numerous physicians, some of whom were unfamiliar with dystonia and
decided her problem was psychological. Unwilling to accept this
assessment, Joanne kept searching for answers. Eventually she was put on
a variety of medications, including Artane and Ativan which worked best
for her.
Quite by accident, she found information on a local teaching hospital
bulletin board on the Dystonia Foundation and the NSTA. They led her to a
doctor familiar with this condition who diagnosed her with segmental
Dystonia affection her neck and jaw muscles. At this point, Joanne had
trouble walking, eating and talking. She returned to work despite that
and began biofeedback sessions. They helped her to relax and provided
some small control over the spasming. BOTOX worked only initially for
her.
Discouraged, Joanne kept searching. A chance visit with her mother to
her mother's neurologist resulted in a referral to a Feldenkrais
practitioner who had helped another of his patients with ST. In January,
1995, Joanne began seeing Mary Spire, a Feldenkrais practitioner
in Berkeley, California, for twice weekly sessions. The Feldenkrais
Method was developed by Moshe Feldenkrais, who was a physicist. He
developed it to treat his injured knee and based it on physics,
biomechanics, martial arts, and theories of learning and human
development.
Joanne explains how it works as follows: "Through this method, you can
increase your ease and range of motion, improve flexibility and
co-ordination, and rediscover your innate capacity for graceful, efficient
movement. The Feldenkrais Method works with your ability to regulate and
co-ordinate your movement; which means working with the nervous system.
By expanding the self image through movement sequences that bring
attention to the parts of the self that are out of awareness, the Method
enables you to include more of yourself in your functioning movement."
Feldenkrais is done in two formats. In group classes, called Awareness
Through Movement, the Feldenkrais teacher leads you through a sequence of
movement in basic positions: sitting or lying on the floor, standing or
sitting in a chair.
Private Feldenkrais lessons, called Functional Integration, are tailored
to each student's individual learning needs; the teacher guides your
movement through touch. Practitioners of Feldenkrais use small gentle
movement, presented either manually or with verbal instruction, to help
students explore and develop the awareness and control process of their
bodies. The intention of the teacher is to present some novel stimulus
which the student will then explore and attempt to incorporate into the
action image. This is done without the intention of a particular outcome.
Thus, the student is free to explore the sensory images and motor
of how movement is controlled and performed can be developed. In this
way, it is possible to stop performing old movement patterns and learn new
ones.
Feldenkrais has proved helpful with central nervous system conditions
like dystonia, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and stroke. A typical
Functional Integration session has the student lying on a table fully
clothed. The practitioner then touches and moves the student's body in
non-invasive ways that help communicate how you organize your body. "The
intent of this touch is to explore your neuromuscular organization - your
subconscious responses to touch and movement - and to have tactile,
nonverbal conversation with your central nervous system about how you
organize your body and your movement." Gradually the student learns to
reorganize in new ways that allow for more expanded motor patterns.
Joanne began with individual sessions and a few group classes during the
first year of treatment. With improvements, she gradually decreased the
frequency of the lessons until, at this writing, she goes every three
weeks. In May of 1995, she began using a counter to keep track of the
number of spasms she had daily. She saw their number decrease from 300 or
more a day in May to none in December. "I can now walk with my head
relatively straight without the intense neck muscle spasms I once had. I
still have neck muscle tightening that seems to draw my head down, but it
is much easier to control now." Eating and talking are much easier, also.
She no longer uses Artane and is on half the Ativan she was on. "All in
all, the Feldenkrais lessons as taught by Mary Spire have given me back my
life. I am not totally free of symptoms, but the ones I have now are
minor compared to what I have had before. I highly recommend that anyone
with dystonia or spasmodic torticollis give Feldenkrais a try."

For more info:

Joanne Volponi
4844 Kimberley Common
Livermore, CA
94550
Hm (510) 447-7262
Wk (510) 294-3292

Mary Spire (Feldenkrais Practitioner)
861 Creston Road
Berkeley, CA
94708-1531
(510) 528-3173
FAX (510) 528-3174

beckb...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 6:11:47 PM1/17/17

sylviafe...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2019, 7:07:17 PM9/16/19
We are suppliers of Drugs and pain medication.We have been in the supply of
this product for a good number of years and do have good experience. Due to
our experience, we have been able to meet our client demand at every angle
of the globe with goods being in very good condition.We call on interested
client to get back to us with their email and phone numbers for more
details regarding our product.
We offer fast overnight shipping and reliable shipping within USA, Australia, Canada, UK, India, UAE, Germany, Sweden etc We offer our price list as per the buyers order.

Email: quality...@gmail.com OR
Call or text /Whatsapp: +1 (425)390-4697
W1ckr ID : qualitymedsshop
Website: www.qualitymedsshop.com

for more details.
We have 100% purity pharmacy grade pain medication without prescription
that can help you purchase and build long term business with us to the next
level, and would love to discuss them with you.
NOTE!
NOT ALL OUR MEDICATIONS LISTED ARE FOUND ON OUR ONLINE PHARMACY .THIS IS BECAUSE OF SECURITY REASONS. SUCH ORDERS CAN BE DONE VIA TEXT OR WICKR
SHIPMENT IS WORLDWIDE
Please dial me directly at
or text or reply we can't wait to speak with you!
Email: quality...@gmail.com OR
Call or text /Whatsapp: +1 (425)390-4697
Wickr ID : qualitymedsshop
Website:www.qualitymedsshop.com
- Oxycontin 40mg
- Oxycontin 80 mg
- Percocet 10/625mg
- Diazepam Valium 10 mg
- Xanax 2 mg
- Suboxone 8 mg
- Roxycodone 30 mg
- Opana 10 mg
- Mandrax (Quaalude) 300 mg
- Hydrocodone 500 mg
- ACTAVIS with Codeine Syrup 16oz & 32oz
- Ritalin 5 mg
- Adderall 30 mg
- Lortab Watson 7.5 mg
- Methadone
- Dexedrine
- Vyvanse caps
- Phentermine K25 37.5 mg
- Hydrocodone 10/325 mg
- Morphine Sulphate ER 100mg
- Vicodin ES 7.5/750 mg
- OPANA ER - 40MG
- Restoril (Temazepam) 30mg
- Norco 10 mg/325 mg
- Zohydro ER 20mg
- Quaalude 300 mg
- Rohypnol
- Ambien (Zolpidem) - 5mg
- Ativan (WYETH) - 2mg
- Quaaludes - Methaquallone pills
Anabolic Steroid
Botox Injections available
Oxycodone 30mg ir
Email: quality...@gmail.com
Call or text /Whatsapp: +1 (425)390-4697
W1ckr ID : qualitymedsshop
Website: www.qualitymedsshop.com

Buy Adderall 5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 30mg, 40 mg, 60 mg
Buy Adderall adhd medications
Buy Adderall alternative online
Buy Adderall amazon
Buy Adderall amsterdam
Buy Adderall and ritalin and xanax online
Buy Adderall Atlanta, Australia, Bangkok, Chicago, China, Colorado, Boston
Buy Adderall bay area
Buy Adderall best site
Buy Adderall bitcoin
Buy Adderall black market
Buy Adderall bluelight

*Norco 325 mg / 5 mg*
*Vicodin 500 mg / 5 mg*
*Vigra 100 mg*
*Xanax 2 mg longbars*
*Seconal (Secobarbital Sodium Capsules) 100 mg*
“Nembutal (In pill, liquid and powder form)”
“Ketamine Crystal”
“Dilaudid 8 mg”
Adderall 30 mg”
“Oxycontin 20 mg / 80 mg”
“Klonopin 0.5 mg”
“Ritalin 10 mg”
“Ambien ( Zolpidem, Stilnox) 10 mg”
“Clonazepam 2 mg ( Rivotril)”
“Lorazepam 2.5 mg ( Ativan)”
“Roxicodone 15 mg, 30 mg”
“Hydrocodone 10 mg / 500 mg”
“Percocet 10/325mg”
“Opana 10 mg / 40 mg”
“Subutex - Suboxone”,
“Diazepam Roche 10mg”
“Zopiclone 7.5mg”
“Diazepam Shalina 10mg” ,
“Diazepam Teva 5mg” ,
“Zolpidem 10mg” ,

-BITCOINS PAYMENT NOW ACCEPTED
-No prescription required
-Express prior overnight or next day delivery

-Packing is highly discreet sealed, wrapped with an aluminum foil, safe
and secure
-No signature required upon arrival of parcel -100% customer
care and support
-we offer door to door delivery services
-Excellent and
unbeatable prices.
Interested person should inbox contact using details
below.