How about a new attorney that will take action on your behalf. If this
is court mandated then her refusal should be contempt of some sort.
(not a lawyer)
> I asked my attorney that and he just said that he has to wait until her
> attorney gets in touch to see what reason is being given for not
> selling house.
Just how long will he wait before pursuing some other option?
I don't know what the other options are, but seems like to me that
there has to be a better one than just waiting on the other attorney to
answer (which he probably never will).
> If I go to another attorney it just seems a sure way of costing even
> more money I don't have.
Yeah but it sounds like you are getting nowhere with the attorney you
The Judge ordered the house sold 1 month at the only offer, her best
friend offered the exact amount we paid for it. I get zero dollars, and
her friend get the house at 150K less than equity.
Recommend, make an offer on the house before her friends do.
I'm sure the judge will figure out a way to fuck you over. The judge
said I couldnt have the house because I didnt have a income for a
month, but was able to pay child support.
So, now I'm stuck with over 100K in legal bills, community debt, and no
money from the house sale. Men sure do get fucked in court.
I hand my sons 10 dollars, say "your married, give me 5 bux back", Then
I say give me the last 5, ok your divorce now. I hope to god my sons
don't have to suffer the same as me...
>you think you have problems. my husband left his first wife 9 years ago
>after 25 years of marriage. both of their children had grown up and
>left home and the mortgage was paid off. my husband wanted a 50 - 50
>split of which the exwife agreed to initially.however she then decided
>to offer him £10,000 as this is all she could "afford". of course my
>husband dismissed this laughable offer due to the fact the property was
>valued at £210,000. the exwife has tried every trick in the book to
>keep the property and to date has succeeded in her quest. over the past
>5 years she has burried her head in the sand by not answering to
>solicitors letters, not appearing in court, being in contempt of court,
>refusing to buy out my husband. my husband has suffered at this ass of
>the law in this country and only wants his fair and rightful share. he
>is now going back to court to enforce the property to get sold (second
>time) however he knows that when the court order is made she will not
>adhere to it and they again will do nothing due to her contempt of
>court and again she will ignore letters, bailiffs and so on and in the
>meantime my husbans costs will escalate (so far the solicitor bill is
>nearly £7,000). after at least 5 long years of trying to get 50% of
>what is legally his and to be able to move on with his life, we believe
>this fight is far from over. i will keep you posted as to what happens
It would seem that the court would eventually enforce its own order.
If the original court will not, can you take it to a higher court in
Robert A. Fink, M. D., President
California Parents United, Inc.
"The best parent is both parents...."
Just don't do what we did when we hired an attorney for a civil (non-
divorce) matter. His philosophy was to "kill them with kindness". By
"them", he meant the opposing attorney and client. Needless to say,
that was a lousy plan.