Just learned of former members death

mags

Mar 16, 2020, 1:05:49 AM3/16/20
I just now found out that a former member of this group known as Trill (Lauren Voloshen) passed away back in 2017. She had suffered from MS for many years but seamed tone doing pretty well last I spoke with her. I had discontinued contact in 2016 for personal reasons but always cared a great deal for Lauren and wished her the best. She was a brave, funny, kind and brilliant woman, an extremely talented writer, musician and artist and a former professor of comparative literature at Maryland State University and was a news correspondent in Central America in the 80s , living in Guatemala and Nicaragua during the Iran Contra days. RIP Trill

Just Me

Mar 20, 2020, 8:39:59 PM3/20/20
In article <b8d67f39-1df4-43e0...@googlegroups.com>,
mags <soulsur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just now found out that a former member of this group known as Trill
> (Lauren Voloshen) passed away back in 2017.

I remember Trill! :( I remember her very well. I don't think I ever knew
her real name.

> She had suffered from MS for
> many years but seamed tone doing pretty well last I spoke with her. I had
> discontinued contact in 2016 for personal reasons but always cared a great
> deal for Lauren and wished her the best. She was a brave, funny, kind and
> brilliant woman, an extremely talented writer, musician and artist and a
> former professor of comparative literature at Maryland State University and
> was a news correspondent in Central America in the 80s , living in Guatemala
> and Nicaragua during the Iran Contra days. RIP Trill

I'm sorry she died. I worry that's what may have happened to other
people who no longer post.

She seemed young. Do you know how she died?

Trill will be (and already was) very missed. Thank you for letting us
know.

mags

Mar 28, 2020, 7:21:02 PM3/28/20
I am not sure how she died, she had MS but was doing pretty well last time I had contact but she also had gone through heart surgery in recent years. Sadly her family was not supportive in any way so no one to get info from.

Just Me

Apr 3, 2020, 9:59:17 PM4/3/20
In article <3399c812-c9fe-4080...@googlegroups.com>,
I'm sorry to hear all that. Families can be pretty terrible at times.
Sometimes all the time. I do remember trill. She was one of the more
"normal" and nice people here. I didn't have any kind of relationship
with her outside of the group but I remember I liked her. I'm sorry
she's gone.

Just Me

Apr 3, 2020, 9:59:37 PM4/3/20
And thank you again for letting us know.

FrankiiCeleste

Mar 23, 2021, 3:06:34 AM3/23/21
Mags, thank you for sharing this, very sad. I remember trill. MS is cruel, it took a close friend of mine also.