This place was special

scattered

Jul 6, 2023, 5:10:43 PM7/6/23
I just spent an hour or so rereading old posts from 10+ years ago. The feedback that I received from others was so helpful. There really is no place quite like it on the internet anymore. The decline of Usenet has made the world a lonelier place.

Thank you to all who helped make this place what it was.

-scattered

Arnold Ziffel

Jul 7, 2023, 7:29:10 AM7/7/23
scattered <resca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just spent an hour or so rereading old posts from 10+ years ago. The
> feedback that I received from others was so helpful. There really is no
> place quite like it on the internet anymore.

Internet has changed...

I wasn't here 10+ years ago, but I was on Usenet, on other groups, that
are empty now. Once every few years I make a post there, but noone
responds. Noone's there anymore.

> The decline of Usenet has made the world a lonelier place.

This is definitely true. There are other places where people gather,
there's Facebook with its groups, but well, I deleted my account there,
because it wasn't good for my mental health. It's just not the same.

--
How long a minute is depends upon which side of the bathroom door
you're on.

Ravensong

Nov 18, 2023, 9:19:50 PM11/18/23
I miss this place and the support here so much.

There's just nowhere else to go.

Arnold Ziffel

Jan 3, 2024, 10:04:33 PMJan 3
Ravensong <Ravens...@aol.com> wrote:

> I miss this place and the support here so much.
>
> There's just nowhere else to go.

The sad part is that servers are still running, newsgroups is still
somewhat accessible, but people just lost interest in Usenet.

--
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but
that's the way to bet 'em.