This group is needed!!!

mags

Jun 26, 2019, 5:52:40 AM6/26/19
Hello to anyone still here! Been forever since I posted, been a tough 5 years since my family and I were hit by a semi in AZ while moving from Michigan to CA. Think last time I posted was in 2016 when we moved back to MI. Even then there were few posting here but still popped in to read and/or leave a brief comment and then in 2017 I had a 4th heart attack and have had 3 more since, plus dealing with other health issues. I have been following and occasionally commenting in a fb group for DID and have always wished this group were more active as I felt many of the folks in that one could benefit. It seems now that fb is shutting down many of the support groups of this type when anyone talks about drug use or even legally prescribed meds! Also no one is allowed to discuss abuse in any way that mentions acts of violence or s*xual abuse and any discussions of su*c*de will also get them shut down. They get a warning, then a 5 day suspension and on the 3rd "offense" they shut it down permanently! I have not shared this group because the fb groups do not want links shared there plus have been concerned about this group getting flooded with too many new folks. I think this group is needed I know it literally was a life saver for me almost 20 years ago when I found it. Any input from anyone still here would be greatly appreciated! hope anyone still reading here is doing well! TIA

no...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2019, 1:41:20 PM6/26/19
On 26-6-2019 11:52, mags wrote:
> Hello to anyone still here! Been forever since I posted, been a tough 5 years since my family and I were hit by a semi in AZ while moving from Michigan to CA. Think last time I posted was in 2016 when we moved back to MI. Even then there were few posting here but still popped in to read and/or leave a brief comment and then in 2017 I had a 4th heart attack and have had 3 more since, plus dealing with other health issues. I have been following and occasionally commenting in a fb group for DID and have always wished this group were more active as I felt many of the folks in that one could benefit. It seems now that fb is shutting down many of the support groups of this type when anyone talks about drug use or even legally prescribed meds! Also no one is allowed to discuss abuse in any way that mentions acts of violence or s*xual abuse and any discussions of su*c*de will also get them shut down. They get a warning, then a 5 day suspension and on the 3rd "offense" they shut it down permanently! I have not shared this group because the fb groups do not want links shared there plus have been concerned about this group getting flooded with too many new folks. I think this group is needed I know it literally was a life saver for me almost 20 years ago when I found it. Any input from anyone still here would be greatly appreciated! hope anyone still reading here is doing well! TIA

I know some of us are still lurking here and checking in occasionally.
As do we.
And yes we do reply as and when needed. So there you are.

Ursus

Just Me

Jun 27, 2019, 6:56:23 PM6/27/19
Hi mags!

I'm here but don't check in regularly. This group was fantastic for me
too way back when.

I'm sorry about all the health issues and the accident :(

What if you made a new newsgroup for your FB group? Like asd.FB.Folks :)
That might be a good compromise. But good luck teaching people how to
use newsgroups! That might thin out the crowd a bit! You could tell a
few people privately and they could tell a few people and so on, and
maybe that way everyone would be notified?

The reason I'm suggesting making a new group, is your concern about asd
getting flooded with new folks. Having lots of new people would be good
IMO, the more the merrier. But if a bunch came in from the same place,
all at once, they might have their own ideas about how this group should
be. And maybe that's ok? But I'm not sure. Even if people came here
gradually, it's not like there'd be a lot of the old group here to
absorb them into. So maybe make another newsgroup for them? Then who
cares what rules they make and how they run it? And if it works then
maybe some of us can go there :)

BTW, all the restrictions on the FB group that you mention are part of
why I don't usually like website forums. You cant say this or that or do
this or that... how the heck can you discuss anything?

In article <1a4b39dd-3f8f-4819...@googlegroups.com>,

Queequeg

Jun 28, 2019, 5:38:05 AM6/28/19
Just Me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> BTW, all the restrictions on the FB group that you mention are part of
> why I don't usually like website forums. You cant say this or that or do
> this or that... how the heck can you discuss anything?

That's exactly the reason why I hate FB. Usenet is the last bastion of
freedom.

Unfortunately I still use FB because most people are there. I made a web
forum for my group (for childfree folks, not DID-related) for discussing
things that could be censored on FB, but it's mostly empty. People
nowadays are too lazy, they don't want to use anything other than FB.

It sucks, but that's how it is...

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

Just Me

Jun 29, 2019, 3:58:36 PM6/29/19
In article <f591dc96-247d-4b16...@trust.no1>,
I agree. People want what's easy and what everyone else uses.

brokenc...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2019, 11:07:37 PM6/29/19
Hi mags!

I check in very infrequently, but understand all too well what you are talking about with respect to fb and censorship. It's ironic to me that I spent the first couple decades of my life in self- and family-induced silence. Through a.s.a.r and very understanding people in RL I somehow broke free to communicate... And these days tech forms want to bring down the cone of silence once more.

Now if there was some way to keep free speech and limit the spam...

I hope this finds you doing well!

Mikes/Broken Circle

FrankiiCeleste

Mar 23, 2021, 4:09:09 AM3/23/21
Hi mags,

Sorry to hear how difficult the last few years have been for you and yours.

I’ve never found anywhere else like asd, and miss it in its original form. I dislike google.
By it’s nice to read some familiar voices.
Life is good here on the whole.
Sending good wishes to you and all here I recognize and to those I don’t,
frankii / celeste