未讀,
2019年5月8日 下午3:17:412019/5/8
收件者:
On 8-5-2019 19:02, s...@g.us wrote:
> Haven't seen anyone post in a long time. To anyone still here, hi.

YO!

Queequeg

未讀,
2019年5月8日 下午3:50:022019/5/8
收件者:
no...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Haven't seen anyone post in a long time. To anyone still here, hi.
>
> YO!

Hi!

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

no...@gmail.com

未讀,
2019年5月9日 下午2:45:432019/5/9
收件者:
On 8-5-2019 21:56, s...@g.us wrote:
> Queequeg <quee...@trust.no1> wrote:

>>> YO!
>>
>> Hi!
>
> Hello. Been a while since I posted here, and been feeling alone lately,
> so it a very pleasant surprise to see not one but two replies. How are
> things?

MARRIED! After 20 years together on long distance, finally together.
Getting older ofcourse. Not so much dissociated, but struggling with
tinnitis. Love the dogs, going for long walks with mine.

Queequeg

未讀,
2019年5月9日 下午5:48:172019/5/9
收件者:
no...@gmail.com wrote:

> MARRIED! After 20 years together on long distance, finally together.

Wow. Congrats!

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

jill

未讀,
2019年5月12日 晚上8:41:522019/5/12
收件者:
In article <slrn3ktcqd...@iceland.freeshell.org>, <s...@g.us> wrote:
>Haven't seen anyone post in a long time. To anyone still here, hi.
>
>--
> -s

I'm here. I check in a few times a week. There is some spam that I
see. Mostly the same thing repeated 10 times or so. Kind of pointless
on the point of the spammers.

The colors blend, the edges soften. Swirling and mixing
we are becoming white light.
ji...@tuells.org

jill

未讀,
2019年5月12日 晚上8:42:192019/5/12
收件者:
YO!!!

jill

未讀,
2019年5月12日 晚上8:42:492019/5/12
收件者:
In article <0cbd992c-b3d3-46d0...@trust.no1>,
Queequeg <quee...@trust.no1> wrote:
>no...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>> Haven't seen anyone post in a long time. To anyone still here, hi.
>>
>> YO!
>
>Hi!

Me too!!!! :)

jill

未讀,
2019年5月12日 晚上8:44:222019/5/12
收件者:
>Queequeg <quee...@trust.no1> wrote:

>>> YO!
>>
>> Hi!
>
>Hello. Been a while since I posted here, and been feeling alone lately,
>so it a very pleasant surprise to see not one but two replies. How are
>things?
>
>--
> -s

I have been keeping busy with my clients and trying to not get any
more as I am gradually moving in the direction of not doing this in
the future. I now have fibromyalgia so it makes being active tough.
Everytime I try to do something I end up hurting myself in some way.
It is apparently possible to sprain your SI joint. Who knew?

jill

未讀,
2019年5月12日 晚上8:45:032019/5/12
收件者:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! So cool! :)

daisyweaver

未讀,
2019年5月15日 下午1:23:092019/5/15
收件者:
Hello? I haven't checked into this group b/c last time I did there was "no one home". I am a 57 yr old woman, dxed w/ MPD in 1984; now they changed the dx to Dissociative Identity Disorder but if you look in the DSM -5, it's the same description...guess they were bored w/ MPD? ANYWAY....I now work as a "peer counselor" w/ ppl w/ mental illness. However, I don't know anyone that has MPD/DID & thus, I have no one to talk to about it. "The Collective" has been driving me (pardon the expression) CRAZY! Too much noise in my head. Anyone have same problem? Also, have major depression disorder &EDNOS
RSVP??? Daisyweaver et.al.

no...@gmail.com

未讀,
2019年5月16日 下午1:46:212019/5/16
收件者:
Well yes, the NG is mostly empty nowadays. But surely sometimes we all
seem to wake uo again. So here we are, and welcome to you.

Just Me

未讀,
2019年5月30日 下午6:49:222019/5/30
收件者:
In article <slrn3ktcqd...@iceland.freeshell.org>, s...@g.us wrote:

> Haven't seen anyone post in a long time. To anyone still here, hi.

I am definitely guilty of not checking in or writing regularly anymore.
Once in a while I wonder if anyone's posted, and I check in. Sometimes I
reply, sometimes I just read. Usually I see a post or two with a few
people replying. I think this post got the most number of different
people responding! (um... unless we're ALL the same person ;) )

Hi to all the more recent "regulars" s@g,a@a, Queequeg (I hope I didn't
miss anyone).

Martijn, I remember you. Welcome back :)

Ursus, Wow! Congrats! Tinnitus is annoying. Long walks with the dogs
sounds really nice.

Daisyweaver, welcome. I think the change from MPD to DID was because
they decided it was part of a dissociative spectrum and you could have
it in degrees, and not just "you had it 100% or you didn't." Someone on
here has mentioned some websites with DID groups. I haven't checked them
out but I guess those might be more active than here - but you can keep
posting anyway. Someone may answer eventually :)

Jill, stop injuring yourself ;)

*waves* to anyone else who may read and not reply!

Queequeg

未讀,
2019年5月31日 清晨6:22:492019/5/31
收件者:
Just Me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Hi to all the more recent "regulars" s@g,a@a, Queequeg (I hope I didn't
> miss anyone).

Hi! :)

> Daisyweaver, welcome. I think the change from MPD to DID was because
> they decided it was part of a dissociative spectrum and you could have
> it in degrees, and not just "you had it 100% or you didn't."

That's the case with me. I'm dissociative, but technically not DID.

> Someone on here has mentioned some websites with DID groups. I haven't
> checked them out but I guess those might be more active than here - but
> you can keep posting anyway. Someone may answer eventually :)

For me, Usenet always was and still is the most convenient medium for
discussions. Its only drawback nowadays is lack of people to talk to...

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

Just Me

未讀,
2019年5月31日 上午10:59:112019/5/31
收件者:
In article <5be83da2-fdd1-4a48...@trust.no1>,
I'm not sure anyone under the age of maybe 40 or 50 knows what usenet
is! Lol!

Queequeg

未讀,
2019年5月31日 下午5:03:212019/5/31
收件者:
Just Me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

>> For me, Usenet always was and still is the most convenient medium for
>> discussions. Its only drawback nowadays is lack of people to talk to...
>
> I'm not sure anyone under the age of maybe 40 or 50 knows what usenet
> is! Lol!

Come on, I'm 34 :) Started posting when I was 15.

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

Just Me

未讀,
2019年5月31日 下午5:49:412019/5/31
收件者:
In article <11072761-18e6-4a54...@trust.no1>,
quee...@trust.no1 (Queequeg) wrote:

> Just Me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >> For me, Usenet always was and still is the most convenient medium for
> >> discussions. Its only drawback nowadays is lack of people to talk to...
> >
> > I'm not sure anyone under the age of maybe 40 or 50 knows what usenet
> > is! Lol!
>
> Come on, I'm 34 :) Started posting when I was 15.

But do you think most people your age know what usenet is? :) Not
counting computer nerds! They know everything!

Queequeg

未讀,
2019年5月31日 下午5:55:012019/5/31
收件者:
Just Me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

>> > I'm not sure anyone under the age of maybe 40 or 50 knows what usenet
>> > is! Lol!
>>
>> Come on, I'm 34 :) Started posting when I was 15.
>
> But do you think most people your age know what usenet is? :) Not
> counting computer nerds! They know everything!

Definitely not :) There still are some high-volume groups, but I have
a feeling that I'm one of the youngest there. Most guys are over 50.

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

Just Me

未讀,
2019年6月1日 上午10:59:332019/6/1
收件者:
In article <8b155145-17df-456b...@trust.no1>,
Wow. High volume Usenet groups? That's surprising to me. I expect usenet
to mostly have spam and p*rn these days. It's actually impressive to me
that asd still has so many people checking back once in a while. Even if
we're all not that active anymore.

Queequeg

未讀,
2019年6月1日 下午5:28:192019/6/1
收件者:
Just Me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

>> Definitely not :) There still are some high-volume groups, but I have
>> a feeling that I'm one of the youngest there. Most guys are over 50.
>
> Wow. High volume Usenet groups? That's surprising to me. I expect usenet
> to mostly have spam and p*rn these days.

There are some groups that are dormant, but quite a few (mostly technical
ones) have pretty high volume. Which surprises me too, but at the same
time makes me happy.

> It's actually impressive to me that asd still has so many people
> checking back once in a while. Even if we're all not that active
> anymore.

Yup. I joined a.s.d only after I learned about dissociation and that I
actually dissociate.

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

skyetribe

未讀,
2020年1月4日 下午2:14:242020/1/4
收件者:
Jill/RC? Are you still here?.... where did they all go? Calendar says it's been... what... 22 years? re-emerging.... finding nothing familiar.

*****fuzzies to you(s)*****
~skyetribe

no...@gmail.com

未讀,
2020年1月5日 清晨5:04:222020/1/5
收件者:
On 4-1-2020 20:14, skyetribe wrote:
> Jill/RC? Are you still here?.... where did they all go? Calendar says it's been... what... 22 years? re-emerging.... finding nothing familiar.
>
> *****fuzzies to you(s)*****
> ~skyetribe

newsgroups are nearly dead. Nearly bc we know people that read/write
from time to time.
not quite dead yet.

ursus

skyetribe

未讀,
2020年1月5日 上午11:13:132020/1/5
收件者:
Thanks ursus, but.... did everyone just stop talking? did they move somewhere else? Hard to believe it all just evaporated... that they didn't want or need to talk any more.

~skyetribe

no...@gmail.com

未讀,
2020年1月5日 下午1:50:532020/1/5
收件者:
of course people still talk, but they went to dedicated websites (even
for DID). Glitz and Glam and tinsel. Then facebook made it SOOOOOO super
easy to create nice looking groups. And generally peeps forgot about
newsnet altogether. I used to have quite a few groups going. These days
one post a day across the board is all we get.

We did try several of those alternative routes as well, and I know
QueeQueg (who posts here too) has tried alternatives. But we want to be
free, not to be reigned in by others who think theirselfs owner or boss
or whatever.

So we rejoined newgroups after a couple of years of exile, We are still
here, but we are few and far between.

Still very welcome to you.
Ursus

Queequeg

未讀,
2020年1月7日 凌晨4:22:102020/1/7
收件者:
no...@gmail.com wrote:

> of course people still talk, but they went to dedicated websites (even
> for DID). Glitz and Glam and tinsel. Then facebook made it SOOOOOO super
> easy to create nice looking groups. And generally peeps forgot about
> newsnet altogether. I used to have quite a few groups going. These days
> one post a day across the board is all we get.

Yup. Which is sad. I never found any of these "new" interfaces (forum
boards, and then Facebook) even nearly as convenient as Usenet.

> We did try several of those alternative routes as well, and I know
> QueeQueg (who posts here too) has tried alternatives.

Yes. I'm in some Facebook groups and I tried igdid.com (it now seems
defunct or offline), but I don't really like Facebook, and admins on
igdid.com banned my account, because they had some problems with the forum
and for some unknown reason decided that my email address, with had igdid
in it (as I create a new email alias for every site I register on to track
spam), was causing these problems.

I shrugged (I didn't want to bang my head against the wall over such
trivial cause) and agreed to change the address, but they asked me to
create a new account (they couldn't, or didn't know how to, remove my
current account or change the address). At this point I decided to screw
them as I wouldn't want to be on a forum where admins are that arrogant
and dumb anyway.

> So we rejoined newgroups after a couple of years of exile, We are still
> here, but we are few and far between.

Fortunately there are still groups that are more or less frequented,
mostly technical ones. It's not what it was 20 years ago, but still
something... I witnessed how FidoNet died and I know that sooner or
later Usenet will die too. Everything dies... :(

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0

Just Me

未讀,
2020年1月8日 下午5:08:142020/1/8
收件者:
Welcome back Fuzzies!

I agree with what others have already said. People have moved to other
sites. Websites and forums and facebook. But those groups are moderated
which doesn't work out for some people. But other people seem ok with
the restrictions and benefit from those groups or they wouldn't exist.

I think a possible reason people disappeared is some members probably
got too old :( It happens.

I also think it's not as easy to use Usenet as it once was. The ways
people used to find these groups might not work anymore, and they might
not know enough about computers to find new ways to get here. Or they
might think that if the old ways of getting here no longer work, maybe
asd doesn't exist anymore either.

Many younger people don't know newsgroups exist. Many ISPs don't carry
news servers anymore, and not everyone is tech savvy enough to know how
to read a group through another server, or find newsreader software that
still works with newer computers. There's always g**gl*'s interface, but
some people don't know they can get here that way, or don't want to use
that.

It's odd that it's so quiet here, isn't it? But a few people still lurk
and post once in a while.

I lurk sometimes. Every few months I pop my head in - and respond to
posts probably written months ago!

It's nice to see people come back. Stick around! :)

jill

未讀,
2020年1月8日 下午5:55:282020/1/8
收件者:
HI! I'm here :) I don't check in very often, but I am still here. Asd
is no longer the great place it was, but it is also still here.

RC/Jill :)

In article <e8a55a05-434d-4c07...@googlegroups.com>,

Queequeg

未讀,
2020年2月10日 清晨7:34:492020/2/10
收件者:
Just Me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> But those groups are moderated which doesn't work out for some people.

Yeah... Usenet is the last bastion of free speech.

> I lurk sometimes. Every few months I pop my head in - and respond to
> posts probably written months ago!

Me too ;) Time flies differently here.

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lSzL1DqQn0