A Diet that works

Johnny

Aug 16, 2004, 7:45:13 PM8/16/04
Could someone please give me some information on a diet that works for
a change. I have tried everything and every time i loose a few pounds
i pile it straight back on again.
I was talking to a guy the other day who told me that the south beach
diet is extreamly effective, what is involved in this diet, is it as
affective as what he claims or if not what is???

C Kent

Aug 28, 2004, 10:08:29 AM8/28/04
In my experience diets never work. You have to change you lifestyle
permanently.

It ain't sexy but slow but steady is the way to lose and the only way to
lose wt and KEEP it off is to change your lifestyle habits so that you reset
you set point weight to a lower level.

check out
http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objectid=CFD9CF34-F700-4F2F-B9572D428BA62671

I lost 60lbs in 1998 and have kept it off by changing my livestyle --- one
habit at a time --- and adopting a more healthy permanent lifestyle.

"Johnny" <jpp...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message

Lianne Werner

Oct 17, 2004, 11:14:30 AM10/17/04
I totally agree. I am struggling with my weight also and would like to lose
about 50-60 lbs. I have tried many diets in the past. The truth is that
diets do not work. If you do not go "on" a diet you cannot go "off" a diet.
The key is to make gradual healthy lifestyle changes. I know it won't be
quick and you won't see dramatic results, but the results will be permanent.
I have to learn to practice what I preach! I visited www.hugs.com and my
Mom purchased the book for both of us. I have just started reading, but I
like what I'm seeing. The book is about getting away from the "diet"
mentality. You can download the book for free from this site (300+ pages).

Good luck!

Lianne

"C Kent" <CK...@nospam.net> wrote in message

---

News

Oct 23, 2004, 9:09:13 PM10/23/04
If you want a diet that works and you don't want to feel hungry check out
this website. www.downsize-u.com . It works for me. Always check what you
are doing with your doctor.
Bob

"Lianne Werner" <lianne...@sasktel.net> wrote in message

kwi...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2012, 3:45:32 AM11/21/12
Actually diet should be perfect, then only it will help to reduce your weight. There are many types of effective food diet as well as liquid diet, which help you to reduce your weight and fats.