Iron In Metabolic Syndrome

ironjustice

Sep 5, 2021, 3:36:46 AM9/5/21
Serum Ferritin and the Risk of Metabolic Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Dose-Response Meta-Analysis of Cross-sectional Studies
Wei Chun Bai Zhang 1, Yang Xing 2, Bing Shao 3
Biomed Environ Sci.
2021 Aug 20;34(8):623-631. doi: 10.3967/bes2021.086.
PMID: 34474722 DOI: 10.3967/bes2021.086
Abstract
Objective: This study aims to assess the dose-response relationship between serum ferritin (SF) and metabolic syndrome (MetS) in the two sexes.

Methods: We searched for articles on PubMed, the Cochrane Library, EMBASE, and the Web of Science databases that were published from 1950 to 2020. The summary odds ratio ( OR) and 95% confidence interval ( CI) of the association between SF and MetS were estimated using a random-effects model through a meta-analysis. Based on the methods described by Greenland and Longnecker, we explored the dose-response relationship between the two sexes.

Results: This study included 14 studies and 74,710 samples. The results of the classical meta-analysis showed that SF was positively associated with MetS ( OR = 1.77, 95% CI: 1.59-1.98). Regarding the components of MetS (8 studies included), the results showed that SF was positively associated with abdominal obesity ( OR = 1.42, 95% CI: 1.24-1.62), elevated fasting plasma glucose ( OR = 1.84, 95% CI: 1.50-2.25), elevated blood pressure ( OR = 1.17, 95% CI: 1.08-1.26), elevated triglycerides ( OR= 2.09, 95% CI: 1.72-2.54), and reduced high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ( OR = 1.33, 95% CI: 1.19-1.49). In the linear dose-response meta-analysis, the ORs of males, females, and postmenopausal females were 1.14 (95% CI: 1.13-1.16), 1.32 (95% CI: 1.26-1.39), and 1.34 (95% CI: 1.22-1.47), respectively.

Conclusions: Our study shows that SF is significantly and positively associated with MetS, and the risk in the male population is higher than that in the female population. This finding also supports the recommendation of using SF as an early warning marker of MetS.

Copyright © 2021 The Editorial Board of Biomedical and Environmental Sciences. Published by China CDC. All rights reserved.

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://tinyurl.com/2r2nkh

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/4rq595

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

HeartDoc Andrew

Sep 5, 2021, 6:15:13 AM9/5/21
The healthiest way to reduce serum ferritin (SF), which reflects body
iron stores, is by stopping the overeating, which is the original
Adam&Eve sin of gluttony, thereby losing the disease-causing
http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT

In the interim, I am simply wonderfully hungry (
http://bit.ly/RapidTestCOVID-19 ) and hope you, Tom, also have a
healthy appetite too. So now are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist with an http://HeartMDPhD.com/EternalMedicalLicense

HeartDoc Andrew

Sep 6, 2021, 12:43:24 PM9/6/21
Tom wrote:
> HeartDoc Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>> Tom wrote:

>> Source:
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.support.diabetes/85ZqCYZ3RjI/NUl2QHogAQAJ
>>
>>> (Those who are living (i.e. not dying) and yet really can't "say")
>>> they are "wonderfully hungry" are those who are hangry"
>>>
>>> Doctor Chung, you do know / have been told, you are confusing?
>>
>> Not by those who are saying they're wonderfully hungry.
>>
>>> In your interview for presidential consideration you seem to forget, being hungry actually makes you .. angry ..
>>
>> Not for those who are saying they're wonderfully hungry.
>>
>>> another Science based bit of evidence which you don't seem to believe.
>>
>> It remain my choice to focus on facts (i.e. what we can prove) instead
>> of beliefs.
>>
>>> You believe taking the food away from already angry folk, terrorists, and they will 'fall into line' ...
>>
>> No.
>>
>> I know that if hangry folks, including terrorists, started saying
>> they're wonderfully hungry, they'd stop terrorizing both themselves and
>> others.
>>
>> Therefore, while wonderfully hungry ( http://bit.ly/Philippians4_12 ),
>> I again advise that you, Tom, really try to write more clearly and
>> unequivocally that you're "wonderfully hungry" since we've established
>> here that you are:
>>
>> So now again, how are you ?
>
> I am wonderfully hungry.

Source:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.support.diabetes/85ZqCYZ3RjI/75m-tK6dAQAJ

8:3) us to hunger right now (Luke 6:21a), I note that you, Tom, are
rapture (Luke 17:37) ready and I pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that GOD
continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians
5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to always say/write
that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways including especially
caring to http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward (per John 15:12) in the
name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HeartDocAndrewToutsHunger (Luke 6:21a) with all
glory ( http://HeartMDPhD.com/Psalm117_ ) to GOD, Who causes us to
hunger (Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a)
thereby removing the http://HeartMDPhD.com/VAT from around the heart