Sigh... almost 4 am and still wide-eyed

1 view

Lady Highlander

Nov 29, 2001, 4:55:40 AM11/29/01
Sorry. I am just wired, hyper, anxious, 'up' but not in a good way. I
should be exhausted after today. I got almost no sleep at all last night.
I have had three Xanax's today and three depakote, two trileptal at what
should have been bedtime. No affect.

I am typing as if I was rambling. Thoughts racing, body trembling to the
point of shaking. I have begun very mild hallucinations and that CAN'T be
good. I am so anxious and nervous.

This feeling sucks. I have to be up and at myself in the morning. My son
has a morning appointment with his pediatrician for a check up from his
bronchitis. Now he also has ringworm on his scalp. It is running through
our family - I have it and so does mom. My son is the first to get it on
his scalp but he is losing his hair! We all caught it from my dad who works
with the public and is still trying to isolated the original source. LOL!
Now I want to laugh at it all. It is just funny, it really is. After the
pediatrician (which will no doubt be extended due to today/yesterday's
diagnoses), we have time for a quick lunch and then his phy/occ therapy
sessions. I also have to call my psychNP about my medication problems. My
pdoc called and said to call her on Thursday (the day she is at our local
clinic). He seemed quite concerned.

I have to keep myself together for my son. I can't allow the 'crash' to
come before he is taken care of. I know it will be bad. It always is. The
pdoc and psychNP said I was rapid-cycling right now. It is getting worse
not better whatever the heck it is.

I feel at the end of my rope tonight/this morning. I am so tired, but so
hyped up. I want to just scream.

Sorry to rant with you all. I usually do this with my hubby (who is also my
best buddy <grin>). But I finally MADE him go to bed at 1am. He was so
worried about me, but he was exhausted. So I guess I just needed to 'talk'
to someone. I knew many of you would understand and maybe ya'll wouldn't
mind my just rambling.

Maybe I will try to just go lie down and do some relaxation techniques -
sniff a little lavender and chamomile, deep cleansing breaths and all. It
can't hurt, i MIGHT fall asleep for a few hours, and it will save you all
from any more of my ramblings! :-)

Good night/morning and take care.

Michelle

Gina H

Nov 29, 2001, 5:40:21 AM11/29/01

I'm sorry you're going through this.. (((((((Michelle)))))))

--
Peace,
Gina

"Didn’t make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart, but your head gets dumb" - Smash Mouth

Ethel

Nov 29, 2001, 6:55:55 AM11/29/01
Hi Michelle, I can empathise with you here, totally.
There's nothing more frustrating than the body being exhausted but the brain
won't stop and it happens to me frequently, even when I take the sleeping
pills I prescribed.

Hopefully you're managing to get a litle sleep at the moment, if not hang in
there. For me, although I love my PC, I find the PC makes me more wired and
then I end up with a dozen or so windows open completely confused! and I
know what you mean about the crash coming, for me that's one of the most
frightening things, because you know it will come.

Hang in there, girl, it'll pass....until then I'm thinking of you

:))))

"Lady Highlander" <lady.hi...@mailandnews.NET> wrote in message

Saya

Nov 29, 2001, 7:14:38 AM11/29/01
{{{{{{{{{{Michelle}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Peace be "within" you today.
Saya

Jim O

Nov 29, 2001, 2:46:50 PM11/29/01

Lady Highlander <lady.hi...@mailandnews.NET> wrote in message
> Sorry. I am just wired, hyper, anxious, 'up' but not in a good way. I
> should be exhausted after today. I got almost no sleep at all last night.
> I have had three Xanax's today and three depakote, two trileptal at what
> should have been bedtime. No affect.

<snip>

> Maybe I will try to just go lie down and do some relaxation techniques -
> sniff a little lavender and chamomile, deep cleansing breaths and all. It
> can't hurt, i MIGHT fall asleep for a few hours, and it will save you all
> from any more of my ramblings! :-)
>
> Good night/morning and take care.
>
> Michelle

Same deal here. I was up til about 5am, after about 3 hours sleep the
previuos night, knowing that I would have to be up again shortly after.
Didn't care, just had to keep doing what I was doing. Actually I did care,
but the urge to keep going overwhelmed caution. If the pattern follows, I
will eventually drop fron exhaustion. It's almost like being on drugs... I
mean illegal ones, but it's just my body and brain. It's not the Tegretol.

jodelli

Stretch Cassidy

Nov 29, 2001, 10:20:00 PM11/29/01
HI My Michelle I sang to you today and tried to make you smile. ("Hello and
What") I AM SO sorry
you had a night like last night. PLEASE write back and tell me how you are
doing! I am sorry your
son has ringworm in his head! LOL I have never heard of that in someones
head! It does sound
like you are rapid cycling. Just hang on you will come down. And when you do
try not to get to down.
You will level out. But Michelle - sounds like you REALLY need to grab you
PDoc Now!
Don't ever forget Michelle. You are Loved. I know that is hard to believe
sometimes. But I know
you are. You know you are. Please let me know how you are. I will be looking
for you! Peace be with you and your loved ones.((((((((((((((((((BIG
HUGS)))))))))))))))))))
Stretch
PS I will let you know how my wife liked her new name. ("Hello and What")

Lady Highlander

Nov 30, 2001, 12:25:20 AM11/30/01

"Gina H" <ghu...@home.com> wrote in message
> Lady Highlander wrote:

<snip rambles>

> I'm sorry you're going through this.. (((((((Michelle)))))))
>
> --
> Peace,
> Gina

Thanks, Gina. :-) Today at least I got a nap after the therapy and I do
feel a bit tired tonight, though things have exaggerated my heart problem
(nothing major - just irregular beats and shortness of breath). I think I
will be heading for bed soon.

Love,

Michelle

Lady Highlander

Nov 30, 2001, 12:27:28 AM11/30/01
Ethel that sounds just like me! I had loads of windows open and kept
jumping from here to the other NG's I sub to. I was catching on with LONG
emails and all sorts of stuff.

Anyway, Maybe I will rest a bit tonight. No pressures tomorrow and it
finally stopped raining :-).

Mic

"Ethel" <lsf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lady Highlander

Nov 30, 2001, 12:28:01 AM11/30/01

"Saya" <saya...@home.com> wrote in message

> {{{{{{{{{{Michelle}}}}}}}}}}}}}
>
> Peace be "within" you today.
> Saya

I am trying and may it be with you as well <hugs>.

Michelle

Lady Highlander

Nov 30, 2001, 12:30:24 AM11/30/01

"Jim O" <jod...@cogeco.ca> wrote in message

Yep! That's me, too. I feel nutzo. I finally got about 90 seconds of
phone time with the nurse practitioner <sp?> who does my meds at the clinic
today. She isn't going to change anything until I see her again in two
weeks. So more of this I guess. Fun, fun.

Mic

Lady Highlander

Nov 30, 2001, 12:39:36 AM11/30/01
Thanks, Stretch! I love that song, BTW. So I guess I just had a smile :-D.

The ringworm in my son's head is really bad and is spreading rapidly. No
big deal, we have medicine and ointment. But his therapists turned him away
today because it is contagious. I guess I can't blame them. I just kinda
felt 'brushed off'. It was just one of those days. We were ate for every
appointment due to horrendous weather and road flooding.

I feel loved here, Stretch. And my immediate family is great. While my
little boy was waiting on his pediatrician today - sitting there on those
tables, he pulled my head over onto his shoulder and rocked me. He is the
most precious thing. My hubby is my rock. I love him so much. My family
from there is great too. My mom does everything she can to help, but much
of it hurts more than help. She doesn't understand and is completely
focused on my son right now (she has issues of her own). She and I both are
beginning to think she could actually be Bi-Polar. Since it seems to carry
a stigma, most folks don't talk about it. But upon further examination we
have already found four other close relatives with the disorder and this is
aunts and first cousins - very close. You never know.

Thanks again for everything. <platonic smoochies>

Michelle

"Stretch Cassidy" <stretch...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Stretch Cassidy

Nov 30, 2001, 2:30:08 PM11/30/01
Michelle IMO You need to call your nurse or a P Doc NOW! AGAIN!
I only agree with your nurse if you haven't been on these meds long enough
for
them to have taken effect yet. Still IMO you are suffering tooo much.
This is coming from MANY years of experience as a BP : Call her back and
GET MORE THAN 90 SECONDS! Put your foot in her butt! Don't try and be brave.
You are hurting you and your family too OK. Be agressive with your Doctors.
And if you don't have a PDoc I think you should get one. And yes get a
therapist
too because she or he will talk to your P Doc on your behalf!
YELL I NEED HELP! Peace
Stretch

Joseph Anderson, Jr.

Dec 11, 2001, 1:00:20 AM12/11/01
Hi Michelle.

Hate that you're going through the can't-sleep-going-nuts syndrome. If you
discover the secret for avoiding the darn syndrome, please share the good
news. Good to know your hubby is ZZZZZzzzz'ing.

This wired state is so bad I tried to talk it out with therapist today. As I
write this note, have been up for 43 hours straight and still going strong.
The body is weary but the mind is wired, wired, wired. Jumbled thoughts are
coming fast and furious. Therapist told me to take additional Xanax but
discovered long ago that Xanax doesn't work for me as a sleep sedative.

Don'tcha just love the "happy" high side of mania? It's either 40 hours
awake or 40 hours asleep. Middle ground? What's that?

Happy snores to ya.

Paul Priest

Dec 11, 2001, 3:50:16 AM12/11/01
hey there joe

dont i know that feeling about the sleep ,,

last week over the course of 80 hours i had just 2 hours sleep ,, the body
was nearly twice as heavy as it should be but my brain was going mad!!
completely and utterly wired!! i went out and had 3 pints and was hammered!
( which is most unlike me ) ,,
i got 5 hours sleep and was up for another 26 after that!! ,,,

sometimes its fun, sometimes its too much ,, but sometimes its just gotta be
done!!

--
PAUL
http://www.mighty-tangaroa.co.uk

07876 786300 / 0113 2933814 - 22 Eastdean Grange, Leeds, LS14 1HA, West
Yorkshire, England

NEXT RAW NERVE GIG ... Leeds Royal Park - Thursday 13th December
EVANESCE , FAIL-SAFE-FAILED , KEVORKIAN SOLUTION , EVISCERATE ...
"Joseph Anderson, Jr." <royan...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

WordSmith

Dec 11, 2001, 8:31:55 AM12/11/01
"Joseph Anderson, Jr." wrote:

> Hi Michelle.
>
> Hate that you're going through the can't-sleep-going-nuts syndrome. If you
> discover the secret for avoiding the darn syndrome, please share the good
> news. Good to know your hubby is ZZZZZzzzz'ing.
>
> This wired state is so bad I tried to talk it out with therapist today. As I
> write this note, have been up for 43 hours straight and still going strong.
> The body is weary but the mind is wired, wired, wired. Jumbled thoughts are
> coming fast and furious. Therapist told me to take additional Xanax but
> discovered long ago that Xanax doesn't work for me as a sleep sedative.

I find that when I use Xanax as a sedative, it throws me into mania. After
6 months I finally figured that out.
--
Wordy

(Things just haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister.)
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Shibolene

Dec 13, 2001, 12:21:35 AM12/13/01
I have never really had a "happy" side of mania.
--
~Shib~

marika

Jul 27, 2021, 10:29:37 PM7/27/21
On Thursday, November 29, 2001 at 11:27:28 PM UTC-6, Lady Highlander wrote:
> Ethel that sounds just like me! I had loads of windows open and kept
> jumping from here to the other NG's I sub to. I was catching on with LONG
> emails and all sorts of stuff.

same

I just turned on the Wordpad feature of my
Word program. There is no spell check, and it says spell check packages must be added.
Is there a spell check feature added to all lap tops ?

mk5000

I knew the book because I studied it at school. I was very excited to play Roland Leighton. I love the way he wrote those beautiful letters and poems to his loved one. I like doing that myself, and it’s really a lost art, actually, I have that Tom Hanks typewriting app. I love it. There’s no spell check so you really have to think it out.==Kit Harington