Meds Advice and/or How to Approach Psych NP: HELP !!!

Kate334

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
Sorry for the scream in the subject-line, but that's about where I am.

Can anyone explain to me why someone who has NEVER experienced a
full-blown manic episode (hypomanic once on Nardil, maybe some dysphoric
hypomanias and/or some depressions that retrospectively look mixed)
would be getting treatment focusing on adding/increasing an antimanic
(Depakote) while decreasing the dose of the existing antidepressant???

I'm NOT averse, at this point, to taking a mood stabilizer. But why
treat MANIA as if that were the front-line symptom when it's NOT?? Is
it because the algorithm says so, regardless of the individual's
symptoms?? (BP?? -- God, get 'em on an anti-manic FAST !!! -- is that
how they think . . . .one size fits all???)

I'm sorry if I'm ranting, but I am ANGRY right now. I can't FUNCTION
like this. And I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the logic of this. Up with
Depakote, down with Zoloft, and MAYBE some Wellbutrin later, but not now
because "we don't want to over-medicate you" ??? Am I WAY out-of-line
in feeling that they're not OVER-medicating me just MIS-medicating me???

I'm going to call, 'cause I can't keep this up -- I took a sick day
today, which I hardly ever do, especially only 3 wks. into the semester.
As a part-timer, I have no protection under 'medical leave' -- I can't
just declare 'time out' till they've gone through their whole BP
algorithm, manic-end-up.

Am I crazy? (well, yes, but you know what I mean here <g>) -- all I
want is for them to work with me on the DEPRESSION. The thing that I
'presented' with, that's kept me in bed most of the time . . . . I'll
TAKE the Depakote, just give me something with it to help me get out of
the f**king BED ! Is that too much to ask???

So I'm going to call -- afraid I'll SOUND like the (Hypomanic)
Psychobitch from Hell -- but listening and nodding and following
directions feels like it's getting me nowhere SLOWLY, y'know?? Any and
all advice/feedback would be appreciated.

~ Kate ~

vernon

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
Sorry for the e-mail, mail and news buttons right next to each
other, mistake. I also missed half your newspost, the desperation
part, sorry I shot my mouth off before getting more facts. Would
like to do a polka? More anti-depressant could get you into
mania land, a place to avoid even if you have free tickets. Grilled
the Pdoc, that is your right! Damn, my bowels are in an uproar.
When the going gets tough the tough go shopping, I am going shopping
for a moose, how much salt, ice and cream does it take?

I can say:
Love you,
Vern

>Kate wrote:
>-

>>Sorry for the scream in the subject-line, but that's about where I am.
>>
>>Can anyone explain to me why someone who has NEVER experienced a
>>full-blown manic episode (hypomanic once on Nardil, maybe some dysphoric
>>hypomanias and/or some depressions that retrospectively look mixed)
>>would be getting treatment focusing on adding/increasing an antimanic
>>(Depakote) while decreasing the dose of the existing antidepressant???
>

>Your zoloft (?) is being decreased because it is believed anti-depressants
>can in many bpers increase likely hood of hypomania.
>Wellbutrin, is an atypical antidepressant, with less chance of
>hypomania. Mood stabilizers, do more than just prevent mania, they
>to differing degrees limit the up and down swing. Yes, most pdocs
>who have reason to believe you have bipolar will conservatively
>have you on a prophlaxis treatment program, meds when you show
>symptoms and meds when you do not show symptoms. Your depakote
>is slowly be increased to the level believed theraputic for you,
>enough to prevent hypomanias and worse, and yet not dose higher
>than necessary
>
>You must have presented as Bipolar or the doctor is confused.
>Ask the Pdoc these questions, we are just 2nd guessing him.
>
>Just as with AA it is all the way, or the program dosen't work,
>if you have doubts double check to make sure you have the right
>DX. Remember Ms Z in Why? I feel like reacting to your post
>like she did to me a couple of times. "vern we all know you are smart"
>and out the door I would go. You are smart, thats not the problem
>is it? you seem to need reassurance in this post. It is all around
>you, or do you prefer Moose Tracks, I like black walnut from Brahms,
>lucky heatherOK she can get it anytime. Hang in there kate, you got
>a purse full of options, no one is gonna force feed you haldol or
>lithium. With the tools you have, you got Beaucoupe options.
>Do I sound argumentitve, well I am carrying a little anger, I can't
>say the things to make you better, that angers me.
>
>Later,
>vern

bruce medici

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
hello kate. want some advise??? do a printout of what you just wrote
here and hand it straight to them! it is the best thing imo you can do,
because that will tell them exactly how you feel and how strongly. some
people need to see it in print! good luck and write in to say how you
did, ok? bruce

Amy Reese

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
How to catch a moose.
Dress up like a moose of the opposite sex.
vernon <alex...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

vernon

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99

Amy Reese wrote in message <93683817...@news.tir.com>...

>How to catch a moose.
>Dress up like a moose of the opposite sex.

A person could end up in the "woods" following advice
like that. Did you ever read the book "antlers in the treetop"
by H.G.Moose?

Professor P (curator of seldom read wildlife books)

vernon

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99

Kate334 wrote in message
<17313-37...@newsd-161.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

When you feel able, take another trip to the bipolar cafe, smooch
with some of the old timers. Atlanta, Tristana. Caddy et al.
The feedback is quick and direct and I think you could benefit
from that now. You want an immediate fix, it doesn't work that
way, you only make it worse, those people in the cafe know the
straight unadulterated poop about bipolar, you would like Ketch
I think, even have trouble keeping up with her. Don't even think
twice about what may be uppermost in your mind at this minute,
hug your sponsor like she is your grandma.

Vern

Amy Reese

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
Nope, musta missed that one.
I would love to see a moose.
My parents were up north (michigan) and saw them. The funny thing was that
they conoed and hiked in the "wilderness" but all the moose they saw were
walking down the road.

vernon <alex...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Kate334

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
Just got back from the psych. nurse practioner's -- with sanity
(temporarily?) restored. Here's a novel concept: try communicating,
Kate, and asking for the help you need . . . Seek and (some of the time,
anyway) ye shall find . . . .

I wonder if there's some diurnal variation to the meds adjustment
period? I seem to 'flip out' over here right at 3pm, like clockwork.

ANYWAY, I came home w/ Welbutrin in hand and HOPE, at least, for better
days . . . .

I have only one class to teach tomorrow morning, and then I have a long
weekend to regroup and catch up, I hope, on some backlogged grading.

Sorry for waxing hysterical earlier (God, I seem to be saying that a lot
these days, but so it goes <g> ).

Vern -- the answer to your question is ONE moose, a pinch of salt, 2
pails of ice shavings (snow will work as a substitute -- was, in fact,
part of the traditional recipe), and 1 pail of sweet cream. Add sugar
to taste (sweet tree sap is the traditional ingredient). Puree, freeze,
and enjoy !!

Don't be frustrated/angry -- you DID help, truly. How's it going with
YOUR new meds? Are you doing okay?

~ Kate ~

vernon

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99

Kate334 wrote in message
<13873-37...@newsd-162.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

Glad to hear you found some satisfactory help, feeling alone
*is* scary. Now this moose ice cream. That is one pail
of moose milk (bull or cow)? maple syrup, only a
pinch of salt, our ice cream maker used much more, do
we puree the moose (bull or cow)? and freeze, michigan
is known for that. I did enjoy that. Is the coniption fit
optional before making dessert.? A little dopey, but better
than a big dopey, but that is better than broke, big and dopey
and sleeping alone, and using public transportation.

Treat time----You are worth it----good job -----Katey
Go clean house with those four flushing buddies of yours,
or let sis eat a phone call. <o>

Vern

vernon

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99

Amy Reese wrote in message <93684273...@news.tir.com>...

"antlers in the treetops" by Who Goosed the Moose"
If you haven't heard that one I must be an old fuddy duddy.

Professor P (fuddy duddy curator of seldom read wildlife books)

jjetson

Sep 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/8/99
I went off on my doctors in the hospital because they backed way down on
meds after they blew me through the roof. They had me on a ton of Effexor
but it was the only med that made me feel alive again! Granted manic but
hell better then wanting to die. Anyway they didn't ever want to try me on
it again. My ranting worked and they tried it again like 75 mgs instead of 4
xs that or something. I managed to begin to feel normal within 3 days.
Shocking! I was on Depakote, Neurontin, and Klonopin for good measure. After
another week I was discharged and remained "normal" for months. I finally
was able to stop meds once I stablized and am now careful in my lifestyle.
Stable, good sleep, mellow job etc...it's helped.

Thank god for ranting. Never forget you are the patient and demand they
listen!

Good luck!~

Kate334 <Kat...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Sorry for the scream in the subject-line, but that's about where I am.
>
> Can anyone explain to me why someone who has NEVER experienced a
> full-blown manic episode (hypomanic once on Nardil, maybe some dysphoric
> hypomanias and/or some depressions that retrospectively look mixed)
> would be getting treatment focusing on adding/increasing an antimanic
> (Depakote) while decreasing the dose of the existing antidepressant???

Lynda

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
Kate334 <Kat...@webtv.net> wrote:
Hi kate,

> Sorry for the scream in the subject-line, but that's about where I am.
>
> Can anyone explain to me why someone who has NEVER experienced a
> full-blown manic episode (hypomanic once on Nardil, maybe some dysphoric
> hypomanias and/or some depressions that retrospectively look mixed) would
> be getting treatment focusing on adding/increasing an antimanic (Depakote)
> while decreasing the dose of the existing antidepressant???

Uh.....no.

> I'm NOT averse, at this point, to taking a mood stabilizer. But why treat
> MANIA as if that were the front-line symptom when it's NOT?? Is it
> because the algorithm says so, regardless of the individual's symptoms??
> (BP?? -- God, get 'em on an anti-manic FAST !!! -- is that how they think
> . . . .one size fits all???)

It shouldn't be that way IMO.

> I'm sorry if I'm ranting, but I am ANGRY right now. I can't FUNCTION like
> this. And I DO NOT UNDERSTAND the logic of this. Up with Depakote, down
> with Zoloft, and MAYBE some Wellbutrin later, but not now because "we
> don't want to over-medicate you" ??? Am I WAY out-of-line in feeling
> that they're not OVER-medicating me just MIS-medicating me???

No...

> I'm going to call, 'cause I can't keep this up -- I took a sick day
> today, which I hardly ever do, especially only 3 wks. into the semester.
> As a part-timer, I have no protection under 'medical leave' -- I can't
> just declare 'time out' till they've gone through their whole BP
> algorithm, manic-end-up.
>
> Am I crazy? (well, yes, but you know what I mean here <g>) -- all I want
> is for them to work with me on the DEPRESSION.

No you are NOT crazy. You have BP illness....BIG difference here.

>The thing that I 'presented' with, that's kept me in bed most of the
>time . . . . I'll TAKE the Depakote, just give me something with it to
>help me get out of the f**king BED ! Is that too much to ask???

No...

> So I'm going to call -- afraid I'll SOUND like the (Hypomanic) Psychobitch
> from Hell -- but listening and nodding and following directions feels
> like it's getting me nowhere SLOWLY, y'know?? Any and all advice/feedback
> would be appreciated.

I would print out this post and bring it to you pdoc/therapist.

Please email me, okay?

Love,

--
Lynda (Lyn...@bigfoot.com)

Kate334

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
Vern wrote: "That's one pail of moose milk (bull or cow?'

Have you ever tried to get milk from a bull?? (nevermind -- don't
answer that <g>).

The conniption fit is definitely optional; it does, however, lend a
certain sweet denouement to the whole experience . . . .

And Iast but certainly not least, just wanted you to know: Dopey has
ALWAYS been my very favorite dwarf . . . . :-)

~ Kate ~

ShatteredbyLife

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Kate:

Mood swings oscillate in BOTH directions, varying in frequency and period. A
mood stabilizer, properly administered, should dampen the downward (depressive)
trough, as well as any manias.

Jim

"I never had problems with drugs, I had problems with the police."
Keith Richards

Tom

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
to Amy Reese

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Amy Reese wrote:
> > >How to catch a moose.
> > >Dress up like a moose of the opposite sex.

> I would love to see a moose.

> My parents were up north (michigan) and saw them. The funny thing was that
> they conoed and hiked in the "wilderness" but all the moose they saw were
> walking down the road.

That's actually quite normal.

Moose are attracted to the low shrubs often found near roads, and
particularly the salt residue left over from the winter road salting.

This is actually a problem up here in some parts of Canada, because road
moose (moose on the road) tend to be there around dusk when it's often
hard to see them. And if you ever hit a moose with your car, their thin
legs give way quickly and that enormous elevated torso goes flying at your
windshield.

On the lighter side, the police let you keep the animal if you hit it by
accident. Your car may be totalled and you may be injured, but it makes
for quite a few nice BBQs.

Your new Canadian friend,
Tom

Amy Reese

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Always glad to have a new friend :-)
Tom <t...@dark.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message

Psychedelics Home

Nov 14, 2023, 3:34:35 AM11/14/23
Purchase 100x 1P-LSD Blotters 100ug – lsd paper
https://psychedelicshome.live/product/purchase-100x-1p-lsd-blotters-100ug/
1-propionyl-lysergic acid diethylamide, also known as 1P-LSD or Pink Sunshine Acid, is a new LSD-analogue non-regulated by
law.
As it is a homologue to ALD-52 it is much comparable to LSD-25. With the introduction of 1P-LSD onto the fine chemical
market researchers can intensify their research about lysergamides.
Contrary to popular opinion, 1P-LSD cannot undergo hydrolysis into LSD from contact with moisture in the atmosphere, it is
quite stable under atmospheric conditions.
We currently stock 1P-LSD in the form of 100µg blotters for research purposes. The blotters are labelled with “1P-LSD”.
IUPAC: N,N-diethyl-7-methyl-4-propanoyl-6,6a,8,9-tetrahydroindolo[4,3-fg]quinoline-9-carboxamide
CAS#: N/A
Molecular Mass: 379.45926g/mol
Molecular Formula: C23H29N3O2
Always store in a cool, dry place for maximum shelf-li

https://psychedelicshome.live/product/purchase-100x-1p-lsd-blotters-100ug/#gsc.tab=0

Buy 100x 1P-LSD Blotters 100ug For Sale
https://psychedelicshome.live/product/purchase-100x-1p-lsd-blotters-100ug/
Buy 100x 1P-LSD Blotters 100ug, 1-propionyl-lysergic acid diethylamide, or 1P-LSD or Pink Sunshine Acid, a new LSD analog non-regulated by law. As it is a homolog to ALD-52, it is much more comparable to LSD-25. With the introduction of 1P-LSD onto the fine chemical market, investigators can intensify their analysis of lysergamides.
https://psychedelicshome.live/product/purchase-100x-1p-lsd-blotters-100ug/

https://psychedelicshome.live/product/lsd-blotters/
https://psychedelicshome.live/product/smurfsnacks-magic-mushroom-cookies/
https://psychedelicshome.live/product/wonka-bars-for-sale/