is anybody's feelings ever validated?

jme...@optonline.net

Jul 21, 2007, 4:53:10 PM7/21/07
I am fed up. My feelings are never validated from my husband. God
for bid if I get upset about something that any "normal" person would
get upset about, he gets angry and thinks I am getting upset about it
due to my bipolar. He left me and the kids on Saturday after a blow-
out and even threatened me in front of the kids that he was going to
take me to the hospital - meaning the mental ward. I find this to be
very unfair and very frustrating. I feel he stigmatizes me since I
suffer from bipolar II, mixed type. This morning he called to talk to
the kids and told our 6 year old son he wasn't returning! This has
gone way too far and I don't know what to do. Does anybody else out
there feel that there feelings are also never validated? Does anybody
else find that how they are acting must be due to their mental illness
when you know its just how YOU are???

bubbi

Aug 4, 2007, 8:52:16 PM8/4/07
quote..."Does anybody else find that how they are acting must be due to

their mental illness
when you know its just how YOU are???"

I have not told my family members my diagnosis because of all sorts of
things, allot of parts of my life are different. I once expressed my
feelings (some crying, frustration) now any time I get upset and frustrated
at the world, maybe express a little anger, I get the poopoo act like "oh
lets not upset her she might have a stroke or something."
I also feel frustrated about people judging by the diagnosis. I have
always been careful about who I share what with and I have never been
disappointed someone I thought could handle it or trusted, never does.

Please forgive me if I'm crossing a line, telling a 6 year old he wasn't
coming back doesn't seem to be anywhere near "normal"

<jme...@optonline.net> wrote in message