Vasalgel - on SNL!

Lenona

Feb 18, 2024, 3:05:17 PMFeb 18
Well, they didn't actually mention it by NAME...

Anyway, it was mentioned during the Weekend Update segment, on Jan. 20th. (I saw it last night. The show's host was Jacob Elordi. The musical guest was Renée Rapp.) One detail they included was that it's supposed to last for ten years. I think V's getting mentioned on SNL is a pretty big publicity break, given that the show is aimed at the younger half of society.****

The joke was predictably female-centered.

But seriously, while there's no shortage (unfortunately) of women too cowardly to insist on condoms and men who don't want to use them (and who might lie about using Vasalgel), aren't SINGLE women far more likely to insist on using them than they are to pressure men NOT to use them?

In other words, when Vasalgel becomes widely available, MRAs will likely have to eat crow when they realize that most single women really don't WANT to have babies with reluctant men. Yes, most single women want to get married - but not THAT way - all too often, the man would refuse to marry the woman anyway. (Also, men who have to be pressured to use condoms are NOT likely to use anything that involves a needle - even a non-hormonal method.) So, as I've said before, the only men whose lives will change significantly for the better are rock stars and athletes. Not average men.

****From the website Statista:

SNL viewership frequency in the U.S. 2017, by age
Published by Julia Stoll
Jan 13, 2021

"Adults between the ages of 30 and 44 were the most frequent viewers of Saturday Night Live, with 19 percent of respondents in this age bracket stating that they watched the program often, and 28 percent stating that they watched it sometimes. Younger generations tend to view SNL far more than older generations, whereas more than half of adults aged 65 or above said that they never watched Saturday Night Live at all."