Ozone Patrol?

Amy Unruh

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99

Does anyone know what has happened to Holley Irvine's "Ozone Patrol"
comic strip?
[I figure the odds are good that people reading this newsgroup
might know what I am talking about...]
It has apparently disappeared from clarinet-- has anyone located it
anywhere else?

-Amy

holley

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
In article <9rqg0yn...@serv1.jump.net>, a...@amy-jo.com wrote:

</LURK>

Hi Amy and everyone else,

I stopped drawing comics a while back (the pay-to-labor ratio was dismal),
but some old strips are still archived at http://www.shadowculture.com.

I've been meaning to update the archives, but life's been fairly hectic
lately. Quit a stressmonster job, eloped, began acquiring pets at an
alarming rate... But if there's a particular strip you're looking for, I'd
be happy to email it to you!

- holley

"Not cut out for motherhood and damn proud of it."

<LURK>

Rat & Swan

Nov 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/5/99
holley wrote:

> In article <9rqg0yn...@serv1.jump.net>, a...@amy-jo.com wrote:

> </LURK>

> Hi Amy and everyone else,

> I stopped drawing comics a while back (the pay-to-labor ratio was dismal),
> but some old strips are still archived at http://www.shadowculture.com.

> I've been meaning to update the archives, but life's been fairly hectic
> lately. Quit a stressmonster job, eloped, began acquiring pets at an
> alarming rate... But if there's a particular strip you're looking for, I'd
> be happy to email it to you!

Hi, Holley! Thanks for taking the lion's share of my afternoon! I just
perused your entire strip archive!

Truly funny stuff. Since we are the proud (and frazzled) guardians of a
guide dog and three rats (The Don, Antonio Pietro Ratone and the Boys,
Vittorio and Vincenzo della Rodente) who do NOT have an FBI file,
despite their shady dealings, we understand the labyrinthine
infrastructure of the animal-human bond.

While the Boys and the Don have never been subpoenaed by Keneth Starr,
they *have* been known to gnaw lawbooks to shreds. And never leave a
1040 form on top of the ratcage.

Give the chinchillas hugs and a raisin or two for us, and I'll slip my
guys a peanut or two.

Swan
and Rat, and Delsie, and Tony (Pete) Vito and Vinnie.

holley

Nov 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/9/99
Heh heh! Every Xmas we hang more and more tiny stockings... this
year it's going to look like we're drying a load of laundry. Right
now my 'dogological clock' is going off big time. DH and I are just
waiting for the day we claw our way out of renterdom -- then it's
off to the shelter to pick out a bushel or two of dogs!

Glad you enjoyed the strips. I've done some fairly pointed anti-
breeding comics during my day. I try to keep it gentle enough for
general consupmtion, but still you would not believe the venom-
soaked reactions. Apparently, I am a cannibal and hell-bent on
destroying the very fabric of Gawd's own American society. Oh well.

My best to you and the boys,

Holley

Derrell Durrett

Oct 20, 2023, 7:20:21 PM10/20/23
Wow. You never know what you can unearth on the internet if you dig in the right place!

Holley, I have no idea if you'll ever see this, but if you emailed me any strips about mushrooms and a Venmo or whatever, I'd make sure to make it worth you time!

Be well, dear. I'm very sad more people didn't take to you the way I did. Your strips made my first few years in Boulder far more special than I can truly express (the one from Spring Break — 1987? 88?— in which Lazlo and ? told folks to just pretend to the folks who'd left town for the duration that it'd been 70° and sunny the whole time when the truth was it was cloudy, cold, and was just awful, makes me laugh still to this day, despite suffering it with you).