Breeder blog: Our Aspergers Teenage Boy

LaTreen Washington

Sep 17, 2005, 6:39:35 PM9/17/05
Oh my goodness - what a handful this one is.

You have to start at the bottom of the page and read up. (Read up?!?)

Sometimes the kid doesn't get his way and pukes. I can't imagine living
with a kid like this. Has aspergers and autism been around all the time
or is this a new development?

The kid plays video games a lot - oh great, shoot 'em up Tommy!

What's MORE ANNOYING than the kid? The parhunts' thrusting out the
begger's cup every couple inches!

EI-Yi-Yi...

I hope they keep the blog up 'till the kid gets "the urge to merge" -
should make for some wacky adventures!

Dad reports:
I spent 2.5 hours this morning and $140 on Tommy's theraputic horse
riding only to hear he is having a rough day and looking for fights. We
decide to leave him at home so we can run a couple of errands and
pickup his brother from a birthday party so he calls 3 times during the
trip and is now upstairs making exaggerated noises.

Looks like Tommy is crying for attention today.
- posted by djuggler @ 3:32 PM Add Comment (0) · Add Trackback (0)

Tommy is very wacky today. I kicked him off the TV and told him to
bathe so he flopped on his floor for 30 minutes like a fish out of
water. He decided he wanted to go pester our neighbor but I said he had
to bathe first. Then he proceeded to chant "underwear, underwear,
underwear" because there were none in his dresser. He continued until I
got angry and made him leave the room. Now he has locked himself in the
bathroom with a book.
- posted by Cathy @ 12:58 PM

Our Aspergers Teenage Boy
http://aspergerteen.blogspot.com/2004_01_01_aspergerteen_archive.html

LaTreen Washington

Sep 17, 2005, 6:47:48 PM9/17/05
Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Tommy is really regressing these past two days. Lots of very immature
behaviors. Manic laughter is the worst. It's like he's not even there
at all when he's like this. I can certainly see why people used to
think the mentally ill were possessed.
- posted by Cathy @ 9:06 PM Add Comment (0) · Add Trackback (0)

Dad reports:

Tommy had a up and down day at school. It ended with him breaking the
teacher's neon lamp. Brought him home and all during the trip he was
looking for sympathy by making these deep sobs and alligator tears (he
turns that on on purpose and its evident that its fake) The only real
ones were when he started playing with a remaining shard of glass in
his hand and hurt himself. Got him home and removed the glass. Had an
incident where I asked him to empty his safe and it was full of stuff
he'd stolen from his sister and he reached across the table and grabbed
something that "was his" and I grabbed his hand and held it until he
let go of the stapler and I explained that he should not do that again.
I used force. Nothing more than standard pressure point stuff. Nothing
bone breaking or harmful and the wife had a cow. I took the next 2
hours to myself and listened to Tommy and the wife scream at each
other.
- posted by djuggler @ 6:35 PM Add Comment (0) · Add Trackback (0)

LaTreen Washington

Sep 17, 2005, 7:09:40 PM9/17/05
Mom says:
I washed dishes while Tomy made himself some lunch.
"You should put a piece of cheese on that sandwich."
"Cool. Can I have the last pickle?"
"Sure. Be sure you pour the liquid down the drain before putting the
jar in the trash."
Silence, then gulping noise. Tommy is drinking the liquid from the
pickle jar!

Tommy's new hobby is spitting at me whenever I ask him to do something.
- posted by Cathy @ 1:51 PM Add Comment (0) · Add Trackback (0)

Tommy getting bored. Becoming snappy with Mom.
- posted by djuggler @ 1:32 PM Add Comment (0) · Add Trackback (0)

Tommy in great spirits. Even volunteered to help with the garbage!
- posted by djuggler @ 11:32 AM Add Comment (0) · Add Trackback (0)

I went upstairs to find that Tommy's definition of babysitting was to
put the baby in front of the television then lock himself in the
bathroom so he could read his Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook.

ant

Sep 17, 2005, 7:37:14 PM9/17/05
Tommy needs a quarry or rail line, where he can go and break rocks all day.

--
ant

moder...@worldnet.att.net

Sep 17, 2005, 9:57:37 PM9/17/05

LaTreen Washington wrote:
> Mom says:

> I went upstairs to find that Tommy's definition of babysitting was to
> put the baby in front of the television then lock himself in the
> bathroom so he could read his Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook.

*blink*

Well, sounds like he's ready to be a duh, then.

ant

Sep 17, 2005, 10:10:11 PM9/17/05

And Oprah or 60Minutes will run a story on "retarded kids told they aren't
fit to be parents" and show soft-lit footage of them being caring sharing
parents with nice music playing. Look, all those experts were wrong, they
are great parunts.

And then they'll cover the same people with a "shock horror retarded
people allowed to raise kids and look at what they're DOING!" story.

--
ant

AA1

Sep 17, 2005, 11:30:45 PM9/17/05
> I went upstairs to find that Tommy's definition of babysitting was to
> put the baby in front of the television then lock himself in the
> bathroom so he could read his Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook.

OMG, they leave that THING alone with their baby?

Denise

Sep 18, 2005, 9:34:59 AM9/18/05

"LaTreen Washington" <latreenw...@yahoo.com> wrote

<Oh my goodness - what a handful this one is.

You have to start at the bottom of the page and read up. (Read up?!?)

Sometimes the kid doesn't get his way and pukes. I can't imagine living
with a kid like this. Has aspergers and autism been around all the time
or is this a new development?>>

Yet another of the many, many reasons I don't want kids. If I ended up with
one like this, I'd kill myself--or him. What a hellish existence.

Denise

Jules W.

Sep 18, 2005, 2:12:33 PM9/18/05
<Oh my goodness - what a handful this one is.

You have to start at the bottom of the page and read up. (Read up?!?)

Sometimes the kid doesn't get his way and pukes. I can't imagine living
with a kid like this. Has aspergers and autism been around all the time
or is this a new development?>>

Both were first described in the 1940's. Asperger's is a variant of
autism, but a lot of people with Asperger's are extremely bright and
high functioning. I strongly suspect this kid acts this way because
its parents, guilty for having birthed it, have only given lip service
to the idea of discipline. After all, you can train a puppy or kitten.
This kid probably learned early on that puke works. Instead of making
him clean it up, they recoiled in horror and now he's running the
house.

That said, I'm still horrified that it's allowed to be in a room alone
with a baby. Babies-in-a-blanket and footballs don't really look so
very different, do they?

THAT said, what's with the Paypal requests at the end of every
paragraph? If I wanted to look exceptionally greedy or exceptionally
scam-minded that's exactly what I'd put in my blog.

Jules W.