Poor supermarket design

Mark Shaw

Oct 23, 2007, 8:53:32 AM10/23/07
So, last night I stop off for groceries on the way home. As
happens all too often, there's a bint wheeling a screaming snot
monster around - the kid is apparently teething, or has an
earache, or whatever, but the bottom line is that he's exer-
cising his lungs GOOD and HARD.

The problem is that this supermarket is laid out, as so many
of the newer ones are, more as a pathway from produce to
meat to beer-and-wine to dry goods to etc. than in the conven-
tional row-and-column of aisles. So even though I manage to
get away from them for a short while, I inevitably end up
right there close to them again, as though we were following a
cow trail through a forest.

(Hmm, cow trail. Appropriate analogy?)

He kept this up for a good thirty minutes or so - certainly as
long as it took me to get my stuff and get out.

--
Mark Shaw
It's a very good thing there's nobody around to see my crafty little grin,

Hook

Oct 23, 2007, 10:14:49 PM10/23/07
Mark Shaw wrote:
> So, last night I stop off for groceries on the way home. As
> happens all too often, there's a bint wheeling a screaming snot
> monster around - the kid is apparently teething, or has an
> earache, or whatever, but the bottom line is that he's exer-
> cising his lungs GOOD and HARD.
>
> The problem is that this supermarket is laid out, as so many
> of the newer ones are, more as a pathway from produce to
> meat to beer-and-wine to dry goods to etc. than in the conven-
> tional row-and-column of aisles. So even though I manage to
> get away from them for a short while, I inevitably end up
> right there close to them again, as though we were following a
> cow trail through a forest.
>
> (Hmm, cow trail. Appropriate analogy?)
>
> He kept this up for a good thirty minutes or so - certainly as
> long as it took me to get my stuff and get out.

When I go into certain supermarkets or department stores I get followed by
security. Not because I am likely to steal things, but when the silence is
being tortured by a two foot high terrorist I delight in picking up one of
the many easy to reach PA microphones that are located near checkout and
service areas and say loudly and clearly, echoing throughout the entire
store, "will someone please have that incredibly thoughtless mother silence
her obnoxious brat?". Apparently I embarrass the store, but don't actually
break any laws that they are likely to try to enforce. Been doing it for
years, my lovely lady refuses to walk close to me when shopping. Likes to
keep what she refers to as a "plausible deniability gap" between us.

Hook

anti-kids

Oct 24, 2007, 8:00:43 AM10/24/07

Hook, you have given me ideas.
Thanks!

Anastasia Schipper

Oct 23, 2022, 10:35:29 AM10/23/22
I would just wear earplugs when crotch turds are present. Helps prevent me from possibly committing child abuse