SIZZLER: Tucson, AZ

Gutterboy

Jul 1, 2003, 9:16:44 AM7/1/03
A successful Sizz in Arizona, carried off by the ever-popular Sleepy Breeder
method: Parent goes into house and magically falls asleep before he/she can
return to the car and retrieve Sprogette. Presto -- a Li'l Sizzler!

http://www.azstarnet.com/star/today/30701BABYDEATH.html

Baby left in car dies; mother arrested
Police say child was in vehicle for at least 5 hours

A Tucson woman was ordered jailed on a $1 million bond Monday after police said
her infant daughter died when she was forgotten in a car for several hours.

Dalina Gutierrez, 21, of the 4000 block of East 25th Street, was arrested
Sunday night on a felony charge of child abuse. She remained at the Pima County
jail Monday night.

Gutierrez picked up two of her three children from a relative's home about 5
a.m. Sunday. She took the 3-year-old inside but left 6-month-old Alejandra in
the car and then fell asleep for at least five hours, said Sgt. Judy Altieri, a
Tucson police spokeswoman.

When Gutierrez awoke about 10:30 a.m., she realized Alejandra was still in the
car. She tried unsuccessfully to call 911 from her cell phone before calling
for help from a pay phone nearby.

The infant had no pulse when paramedics arrived, and they were unable to revive
her, said Deputy Chief Randy Ogden of the Tucson Fire Department.

Alejandra was pronounced dead at Tucson Medical Center.

Gutierrez was arrested Sunday night.

An autopsy Monday morning failed to immediately determine a cause of death,
Altieri said.

The city's temperature was 92 degrees by 10 a.m. Sunday, climbing to 96 degrees
an hour later, according to the National Weather Service in Tucson.

At those temperatures it would take about 20 minutes for the heat in a car to
rise to 125 degrees. Within 40 minutes, the temperature inside the car can get
as hot as 150 degrees, said Dr. Andreas Theodorou, a pediatric intensive care
physician at two Tucson hospitals.

Theodorou said even in 60-70 degree weather cars can heat to a dangerous level.
"But Tucson weather in the summer? In 20 minutes, you'll hit critical
temperatures."

He said immediate medical attention needs to be provided any time a child is
left unattended in a car for a period of time. "It's not something you're going
to be able to manage alone at home," he said.

Neighbors of Gutierrez, who lives near East 22nd Street and South Columbus
Boulevard, were shocked to hear of the baby's death.

Darek Anderson has five children, including two he and his wife adopted when
his sister-in-law was killed in a car crash.

"This is just horrible. I couldn't imagine leaving your kid in the car,"
Anderson said. "We count to five like 30 times a day. We're always counting our
kids."

Ismael Lopez said he could not understand how a mother could forget her baby.
"How can you forget your kid?" he asked.

Eileen Rea, 20, who grew up with Gutierrez, said the death was accidental.

"She was always there for her kids," said Rea, who went to Gutierrez's
apartment after hearing news reports about Alejandra's death.

"I don't know what they're going to do to her," she said. "But I want to be
there, be strong for her."

In 2002, 30 children in the U.S. died after being left alone in cars.

In 2001, there were 34 such deaths, said Janette Fennell, president of Kids and
Cars, a nonprofit child safety group in San Francisco.

In Arizona, at least eight children have died since 1994 from being left alone
in hot cars. Alejandra's death is the first in Arizona and the 10th in the
nation this year.

Gutterboy
---
"Oh, Sweet Mary Consomme of BEEF! Holy CRAP what an ignorant bag of milk you
are!" -- Swan

Patrick M Geahan

Jul 1, 2003, 9:29:49 AM7/1/03
Gutterboy <gutte...@aol.compost> wrote:

> Baby left in car dies; mother arrested

Go, Tucson PD!

> "She was always there for her kids," said Rea, who went to Gutierrez's
> apartment after hearing news reports about Alejandra's death.

I love this. "She was always there" - yeah, when she wasn't sleeping. Or
'forgetting'.

> In 2002, 30 children in the U.S. died after being left alone in cars.

> In 2001, there were 34 such deaths

> In Arizona, at least eight children have died since 1994 from being left alone

> in hot cars. Alejandra's death is the first in Arizona and the 10th in the
> nation this year.

So it's not our imagination - the numbers are going up.

--
-------Patrick M Geahan---...@thepatcave.org---ICQ:3784715------
Quote of the Week: "I probably won't start on the idea, and if I do it

Cheryl Greer

Jul 1, 2003, 9:32:30 AM7/1/03
In article <20030701091644...@mb-m05.aol.com>,
gutte...@aol.compost (Gutterboy) wrote:

> He said immediate medical attention needs to be provided any time a child is
> left unattended in a car for a period of time. "It's not something you're
> going
> to be able to manage alone at home," he said.

The breeders know that already! It's part of their plans.

> "This is just horrible. I couldn't imagine leaving your kid in the car,"
> Anderson said. "We count to five like 30 times a day. We're always counting
> our
> kids."
>
> Ismael Lopez said he could not understand how a mother could forget her baby.
> "How can you forget your kid?" he asked.

Notice how we never get quotes like this when non-ethnic types sizzle
their sprogs? Not to mention an actual *arrest*! I guess only
caucasians have the capacity to Suffer Enough.

Cheryl

--
"In art there is compassion, in compassion there is humanity,
and in humanity there is generosity and love.

Scott Amspoker

Jul 1, 2003, 10:55:51 AM7/1/03
gutte...@aol.compost (Gutterboy) wrote:

>Baby left in car dies; mother arrested
>Police say child was in vehicle for at least 5 hours
>
>A Tucson woman was ordered jailed on a $1 million bond Monday after police said
>her infant daughter died when she was forgotten in a car for several hours.
>
>Dalina Gutierrez, 21, of the 4000 block of East 25th Street, was arrested
>Sunday night on a felony charge of child abuse. She remained at the Pima County
>jail Monday night.
>
>Gutierrez picked up two of her three children from a relative's home about 5
>a.m. Sunday. She took the 3-year-old inside but left 6-month-old Alejandra in
>the car and then fell asleep for at least five hours, said Sgt. Judy Altieri, a
>Tucson police spokeswoman.

Hmmm. 3 kids by the time she's 21. Gets home at 5am Sunday morning. I
wonder what she does for a living (or is this the social life of a
21-year-old mother of three.)

sda_mail Scott | Yields over 30 blasts or
@comcast.net Amspoker | 80 gentle honks per charge!
^ my email |

Lorzie

Jul 1, 2003, 11:39:10 AM7/1/03
Cheryl Greer wrote:

> > "This is just horrible. I couldn't imagine leaving your kid in the car,"
> > Anderson said. "We count to five like 30 times a day. We're always counting
> > our
> > kids."
> >
> > Ismael Lopez said he could not understand how a mother could forget her baby.
> > "How can you forget your kid?" he asked.
>
> Notice how we never get quotes like this when non-ethnic types sizzle
> their sprogs?

And the quote was from another Hispanic.

> Not to mention an actual *arrest*!

Not to mention $1 million bail! A white doctor would probably be receiving offers
of free counseling for the trauma.

> I guess only
> caucasians have the capacity to Suffer Enough.

That's why I was glad to see a Suffered Enough quote in this article.

nimue

Jul 1, 2003, 11:40:01 AM7/1/03
Scott Amspoker wrote:
> gutte...@aol.compost (Gutterboy) wrote:
>

>> Baby left in car dies; mother arrested
>> Police say child was in vehicle for at least 5 hours
>>
>> A Tucson woman was ordered jailed on a $1 million bond Monday after
>> police said her infant daughter died when she was forgotten in a car
>> for several hours.
>>
>> Dalina Gutierrez, 21, of the 4000 block of East 25th Street, was
>> arrested Sunday night on a felony charge of child abuse. She
>> remained at the Pima County jail Monday night.
>>
>> Gutierrez picked up two of her three children from a relative's home
>> about 5 a.m. Sunday. She took the 3-year-old inside but left
>> 6-month-old Alejandra in the car and then fell asleep for at least
>> five hours, said Sgt. Judy Altieri, a Tucson police spokeswoman.
>
> Hmmm. 3 kids by the time she's 21. Gets home at 5am Sunday morning.
> I wonder what she does for a living (or is this the social life of a
> 21-year-old mother of three.)

5am on a Sunday morning? Hmmm. I would say she works the lucrative
Saturday night shift at a tit-bar, and then went out to party after her
shift was over.

--
nimue

"There are things I will not tolerate: students loitering on campus
after school, horrible murders with hearts being removed... and also
smoking." Principal Snyder

"It enrages me to be told I have a temper."
Rose

Jason G

Jul 1, 2003, 12:23:48 PM7/1/03
Lorzie <lo...@pacifier.com> made obeisance before Us and spake thusly:
>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Guess it's the co-anchor's job to put these into proper L'il Sizzler format.
> Why
>do the bubble-headed bleach blondes get all the grunt work?

Because grunt work is c--

Never mind.

--
Jason G
"I walked all around town today and it was fun, but now I am very married."

Message has been deleted

bat_...@hotmail.com

Jul 1, 2003, 4:20:24 PM7/1/03
gutte...@aol.compost (Gutterboy) wrote in message news:<20030701091644...@mb-m05.aol.com>...

> A successful Sizz in Arizona, carried off by the ever-popular Sleepy Breeder
> method: Parent goes into house and magically falls asleep before he/she can
> return to the car and retrieve Sprogette. Presto -- a Li'l Sizzler!
>
> http://www.azstarnet.com/star/today/30701BABYDEATH.html
>
> Baby left in car dies; mother arrested
> Police say child was in vehicle for at least 5 hours
>
> A Tucson woman was ordered jailed on a $1 million bond Monday after police said
> her infant daughter died when she was forgotten in a car for several hours.

**snippages**

How refreshing. 1 million dollar bond. I guess the days of "they
suffered enough" are over.

About effing time.

I wonder how many 1/2 gallons of ice cream she has left
in her car since the summer started.

Nan

Veronique

Jul 1, 2003, 7:13:43 PM7/1/03
complicatedgirl <la...@thelingers.com> wrote:

> 20 seconds garnered that kind of a reaction from an adult. Imagine,
> now, that you are a helpless baby/toddler. Imagine what that type of
> death must be like. And yet we in this breederific society are still
> willing to label such deaths as "accidents." To my mind, the only
> accident in these situations is that the parents are able to murder
> their children in one of the most hideous fashions imaginable and get
> away with it with nary a slap on their evil wrists.
>
> --CG
> why is it that a childfree person is so upset about this, but
> so-called "good parunts" aren't?

Because we cannot imagine being so busy that we forget a living
creature for 8 hours? This has been discussed ad nauseum, but how many
of us have forgotten something in our car that HAD to go in or be
ruined? I'm trying to remember ever: I'm human, I'm sure I must have
forgotten something important at some point, but never a living plant
or animal or ice cream or something I valued that I didn't want to be
on the street all day or overnight.*

I don't get it. I. Don't. Get. It. Even given the most sincere
"harried parent" absent-mindedness excuse, leaving one's offspring in
a car to die strikes me as the ultimate darwinian gong. If one does
that, one obviously is not ready to be a parent and should be
sterilized immediately. I don't think prison is a particularly useful
answer (except for the extremely suspicious cases of
malice-aforethought) but I do think if you kill one, you shouldn't
ever have the option of creating more.

V.

*I forgot three carrots the other day when bringing in my riding gear;
by mid-afternoon when I next got in the car they'd gotten a little
rubbery. I did not manage to forget my saddle, hard hat or purse. (Or
dressage whip, dude.)
--
Veronique Chez Sheep

kali95

Jul 1, 2003, 8:11:54 PM7/1/03
Gutterboy wrote:

> A successful Sizz in Arizona, carried off by the ever-popular Sleepy Breeder
> method: Parent goes into house and magically falls asleep before he/she can
> return to the car and retrieve Sprogette. Presto -- a Li'l Sizzler!
>
> http://www.azstarnet.com/star/today/30701BABYDEATH.html
>
> Baby left in car dies; mother arrested
> Police say child was in vehicle for at least 5 hours

Woohoo! Two in one day!

*k, two down, several hundred million to go

Gutterboy

Jul 1, 2003, 11:54:18 PM7/1/03
Wrote Lorz:

>Guess it's the co-anchor's job to put these into proper L'il Sizzler format.
>Why
>do the bubble-headed bleach blondes get all the grunt work?

The intern's fetching me a beer...I mean, cross-referencing the season's dozens
of Li'l Sizzlers. It's a busy job these days!

>Date: 6/29/03
>Place: At home in Tucson, AZ
>Result: sizzled
>Age of sprog: 6 months
>Age of moo: 21
>Charges filed: Felony child abuse, held on $1 million bail.
>Excuse: Moo fell asleep

"Cheer up, sleepy moo...
Oh, what can you do
With a narcoleptic breeder
And a sprog who's nearly two..."

Trademark

Jul 2, 2003, 5:24:48 AM7/2/03
Lorzie wrote:

> Guess it's the co-anchor's job to put these into proper L'il Sizzler
> format. Why do the bubble-headed bleach blondes get all the grunt work?

Since you put it that way...

Little Sizzlers

He makes his living off the AP wire
Just give him breeders, breeders who misfire
People love a self-satire
They love Little Sizzlers

Well he coulda been a parent, but he wound up here
He just has to write well, he don't have to shed tears
Come on, punchline, have no fear
Give us Little Sizzlers

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

We got the bubbleheaded bleach-blonde (her words, not mine)
She can tell you 'bout her plane trip, with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when breeders fly
Give us Little Sizzlers

Can we watch the Weather Channel? Have the cops left yet?
You know the boys in the newsroom got a sucker's bet
Get the neighbors on the set
We need Little Sizzlers

You don't really need to find out how long it took
You don't really want to know all about the crook
Just look at what she forsook
Keep your Little Sizzlers

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're stiff, kick 'em all around

Dirty little babies, dirty felon moo
She got her clueless breeder self in a fix, boo-hoo
Has she really "suffered" too?
We love Little Sizzlers

We can do the trial by jury, or by judge alone
When it's said and done they never quite atone
It's different when it's your own
Give us Little Sizzlers

Trademark
(That'll have to do for a first draft, since I'm laboring under a few
draughts already.)

Darth Ammer

Jul 2, 2003, 6:11:47 AM7/2/03
gutte...@aol.compost (Gutterboy) wrote in

> In 2002, 30 children in the U.S. died after being left alone in
> cars.
>
> In 2001, there were 34 such deaths, said Janette Fennell, president
> of Kids and Cars, a nonprofit child safety group in San Francisco.
>
> In Arizona, at least eight children have died since 1994 from being
> left alone in hot cars. Alejandra's death is the first in Arizona
> and the 10th in the nation this year.

So there are more. Interesting.

--
Darth Ammer

Even very young children need to be informed about dying. Explain the
concept of death very carefully to your child. This will make
threatening him with it much more effective.
- P. J. O'Rourke

JesterKat

Jul 2, 2003, 6:42:59 AM7/2/03
Somewhere in the wilds of alt.support.childfree, Trademark
<tradeg...@drunkenguhbastards.com> wrote:

:::::applause::::: Absolutely lovely. ;-)

---JesterKat

***************
"Drop me off in Groovetime
Soothe me with the Slang of Ages
This is where I turn..."
---Steely Dan

Cheryl Greer

Jul 2, 2003, 8:09:27 AM7/2/03
In article <Xns93AC1810C74...@216.168.3.50>,
Trademark <tradeg...@drunkenguhbastards.com> wrote:

> Lorzie wrote:
>
> > Guess it's the co-anchor's job to put these into proper L'il Sizzler
> > format. Why do the bubble-headed bleach blondes get all the grunt work?
>
> Since you put it that way...
>

> Little Sizzlers
>
> He makes his living off the AP wire
> Just give him breeders, breeders who misfire
> People love a self-satire
> They love Little Sizzlers
>
> Well he coulda been a parent, but he wound up here
> He just has to write well, he don't have to shed tears
> Come on, punchline, have no fear
> Give us Little Sizzlers

<snip sheer utter brilliance>

> (That'll have to do for a first draft, since I'm laboring under a few
> draughts already.)

Then keep drinking! This is the best thing I've read on this ng for
weeks! I'm printing it out and keeping it!

Lorzie

Jul 2, 2003, 11:07:33 AM7/2/03
Gutterboy wrote:

> Wrote Lorz:
>
> >Guess it's the co-anchor's job to put these into proper L'il Sizzler format.
> >Why
> >do the bubble-headed bleach blondes get all the grunt work?
>
> The intern's fetching me a beer...I mean, cross-referencing the season's dozens
> of Li'l Sizzlers.

Fetching a beer? Is that what they call it these days? I remember when it had
something to do with cigars.

Lorzie

Jul 2, 2003, 11:08:45 AM7/2/03
BRAVO!!!!!!!! That is great.

Damiana Brichardi

Jul 2, 2003, 1:52:11 PM7/2/03

LOL!
That was great!

*~* Damiana Brichardi *~*

So I started off from god knows where, guess I'll know when I get there
~Tom Petty

I will have my cake and eat it right in front of you
~Joujou2 from Brats

vixanne

Jul 2, 2003, 8:23:04 PM7/2/03
Mongo impressed!

Trademark

Jul 3, 2003, 12:32:58 AM7/3/03
Cheryl Greer wrote:

>> (That'll have to do for a first draft, since I'm laboring under a few
>> draughts already.)
>
> Then keep drinking! This is the best thing I've read on this ng for
> weeks! I'm printing it out and keeping it!

I should, however, be beaten with my own stony liver for failing to work the
word "cook" into that one verse.

Trademark
(Henley's got more than one song tailor-made for the subject. "Sunset Grill"
and "Boys of Summer" leap immediately to mind.)

Jadite

Jul 4, 2003, 12:26:46 PM7/4/03
Brilliant! Evil CF minds think alike; I've had "Dirty Laundry"
(which I've always been partial to, particularly in my line of
work) running through my head since seeing Lorz's original post,
plus I heard the song on the radio while driving last night and
started composing a parody. You beat me to it, and did a better
job....
_ _ _
Trademark wrote ...

Jim Mowreader

Jul 9, 2003, 6:13:03 PM7/9/03

> (That'll have to do for a first draft, since I'm laboring under a few
> draughts already.)

No, what you're laboring under comes in fifths. (Good job and hope
you're not feeling too poorly come tomorrow...)

--jmowreader