The next baby boom: War, freezing sperm, front line women

Sol Taibi

Jan 31, 2003, 6:58:19 PM1/31/03
After the end of World War Two, the men all came home
and started impregnating their wives all at once, more
or less. Thus "the baby boom".

So it was mainly the men's doing, though of course the
women cooperated.

That's the popular version of what happened, at least in the USA.

Another factor was that prior to the war (or the USA getting
into the war), the Great Depression depressed the birthrate
as well.

So the end of the war coupled with post war prosperity
took the lid off, right?

Bring it up to the present. The situation is very different.
We are simultaneously in a war and a depression and this is
not a coincidence.

No "war for production" either. We have kept on winning that
one ever since.

No nonsense about "are we going to war with Iraq?". Please!
We have effectively been at war with Iraq through the past
two administrations.

The question is how intense will it be now that the aim is
"regime change" rather than whatever the hell it was after
Saddam withdrew forces from Kuwait.

The "war on terror" means re-cast the world system so certain
types (you know who they are) cannot operate freely. Some
question about how freely the rest of us will operate.

It is the same war, whatever Saddam's relationship or
non-relationship with Al-Qaeda.

The CF angle? Question: Will there be another baby boom and
what form will it take?

We now have reliable birth control and a levelling off of
population growth worldwide, though some will say not fast
enough.

We also have reproductive technologies. US servicemen going
to the gulf are having thier sperm frozen.

In the USA, we have legal abortion everywhere, conveniently
available in major population centers, though not everywhere.

Significantly, we do *not* have abortion *at all* at overseas
military facilities. For a military woman stationed in say Germany,
this is no big deal, she can get it locally if she really needs it.

But what about a woman stationed in say Qatar? Is it even legal?
If so, should she trust a local doctor?

Combine this with the fact that the US military will not send
a woman to the front if she is pregnant:

A during-the-war baby boom this time?

Loner

Feb 1, 2003, 5:58:17 PM2/1/03
"Sol Taibi" <solomo...@computer.org> wrote in message

> After the end of World War Two, the men all came home and started
impregnating their wives all at once, more
> or less. Thus "the baby boom".
>
> So it was mainly the men's doing, though of course the women cooperated.
>
> That's the popular version of what happened, at least in the USA.
>
> Another factor was that prior to the war (or the USA getting into the
war), the Great Depression depressed the birthrate
> as well.

I've studied the Second Great War and some of the First World War. Things
like that happened. Back in that time period stronger family values were in
place. Now a days when I travel no matter were I go I see family values
have gone down hill world wide. Canda, United States, Mexico, Spain,
Scandiava Etc. It's every were. Even down under in New Zeland, and
Australa. So the falling birth rate doesn't bother me.

> So the end of the war coupled with post war prosperity took the lid off,
right?

> Bring it up to the present. The situation is very different.
> We are simultaneously in a war and a depression and this is not a
coincidence.

> No "war for production" either. We have kept on winning that one ever
since.

I'm only worried that Bush only wants the oil. With a war in todays
technology will only cause more distruction. ie: Computerized Missles with
deadly accutacy. So what kind of production is there in war?

> No nonsense about "are we going to war with Iraq?". Please!
> We have effectively been at war with Iraq through the past
> two administrations.

I stongly this that this war between Iraq and the United States is over the
oil. We hardly herd anything about it during the Clinton administration.
Talking to my contacts overseas the additude is Bush just wants to take the
oil by any means nessarary. It still think Iraq is still upto no good no
matter what who says what.

> The question is how intense will it be now that the aim is
> "regime change" rather than whatever the hell it was after
> Saddam withdrew forces from Kuwait.
>
> The "war on terror" means re-cast the world system so certain
> types (you know who they are) cannot operate freely. Some
> question about how freely the rest of us will operate.
>
> It is the same war, whatever Saddam's relationship or
> non-relationship with Al-Qaeda.

If you read about re-pression and loss of freedom look at some countries in
the middle east. Like in some islamic countries a woman can not wear pants
in public. It's quote: "Indecent" while in North America and Eurpoe, no
body takes notice. I have often been refered to as a "Woman hater" when I
have said the Wemens Groups don't have much of a leg to stand on, or most in
North Ameria Wemen take for granded the life they have. Often I have said
try living in areas were groups like: "Al-Qaeda" operate. If your a woman
you belong in your place ie: Under a mans thumb. Something I don't aggree
with.

> The CF angle? Question: Will there be another baby boom and
> what form will it take?
>
> We now have reliable birth control and a levelling off of
> population growth worldwide, though some will say not fast
> enough.

I don't know how to respond. I like my current method best. Don't get into
the sack in the first place. It's worked for me, no unwanted or nasty
surprises. It's may never completely level off, until the last baby boom
dies off. I have been reading a book about a woman who has no intrest in
having a baby, and is being presured by her mother to have one. As well as
every one else around her.

> We also have reproductive technologies. US servicemen going to the gulf
are having thier sperm frozen.

> In the USA, we have legal abortion everywhere, conveniently available in
major population centers, though not everywhere.

> Significantly, we do *not* have abortion *at all* at overseas military
facilities. For a military woman stationed in say
> Germany, this is no big deal, she can get it locally if she really needs
it.

I herd sex while in the military was pro-hibited. Then besides, I come
from a family with a great military history. My generation is the only one
that has never had any contact with the military. As for the abortion issue
it depends on what country you are in. In most countrys of the G7 catagory
abortion is available in the majority. In some countries were some forms of
medical science is viewed as a sin, things like abortion are illegal.
Personally I think that's a bit shallow, calling medical procedures a sin
agaist a religion.

> But what about a woman stationed in say Qatar? Is it even legal?
> If so, should she trust a local doctor?
>
> Combine this with the fact that the US military will not send
> a woman to the front if she is pregnant:
>
> A during-the-war baby boom this time?

If I was stationed overseas before a war, during a war, I wouldn't trust any
local doctors. Who knows they may be linked to the enamies cause and who
knows what they might do.

I hope there won't be a bady boom at this time. That's the last thing we
need at this time.

Loner

Scott Eiler

Feb 1, 2003, 7:34:23 PM2/1/03
In article <v3ok7r8...@corp.supernews.com>,
the robotic servitors of "Loner" <ast...@NOSPAMexeculink.com>
rose up with the following chant:

>"Sol Taibi" <solomo...@computer.org> wrote in message
>
>> No nonsense about "are we going to war with Iraq?". Please!
>> We have effectively been at war with Iraq through the past
>> two administrations.
>
>I stongly this that this war between Iraq and the United States is over the
>oil. We hardly herd anything about it during the Clinton administration.
>Talking to my contacts overseas the additude is Bush just wants to take the
>oil by any means nessarary. It still think Iraq is still upto no good no
>matter what who says what.

Come now. If it were about oil, we'd be letting Iraq export more oil today.
It's really about national security on a worldwide scale. We may not all
agree about whether overthrowing a rogue government in Iraq is conducive to
national security, but a case *can* conceivably be made for it. (Though one
could also make the same case for Saudi Arabia which funnells money to
terrorists, and for Yemen which imports SCUDs from North Korea.)

-------- Scott Eiler B{D> -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ --------

"Statements contained in this document may constitute 'forward looking
statements' within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation
Reform Act of 1995. These statements are neither promises nor
guarantees, but involve a number of risks, uncertainties and other
factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from
those set forth in the forward-looking statements."

-- Legal disclaimer issued by Rational Software following its
acquisition by IBM.