Cumberland woman charged with sex abuse of 5 year old boy.

Dan Sullivan

Jan 25, 2009, 7:52:16 PM1/25/09
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/bal-abuse0119,0,2793716.story

Cumberland woman charged with sex abuse of child

The Associated Press
6:19 PM CST, January 19, 2009

Allegany County investigators have charged a woman with taking part in
the sexual abuse of a child from the time the boy was five years old.

Linda Sue Green, 53, of Cumberland was arrested today and charged with
sex offenses, child abuse, perverted practice, second-degree assault,
and contributing to the condition of a child. She is being held on
$500,000 bond.

Last week, her husband, Kenneth Dow Green of Cumberland was arrested
and charged with sex offense of a minor, child abuse and other sex
offenses.

Authorities said Linda Green took part with her husband in the sexual
contact with the youth from 1991 until 2008.

Greegor

Jan 26, 2009, 1:26:54 AM1/26/09
Does it say how this couple came into contact with this boy, Dan?

Dan Sullivan

Jan 26, 2009, 10:26:17 AM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 1:26 am, Greegor <Greego...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it say how this couple came into contact with this boy, Dan?

There was all of four sentences in the story, grag.

Do you need someone to R-E-A-D them to you?

Dragon's Girl

Jan 26, 2009, 1:27:17 PM1/26/09

Oh, oh, wait....My grandson can do it.
Greg. You need my grandson to read that to you?
I promise he'll sound out all the letters and get the words all right
for you.

Greegor

Jan 26, 2009, 2:47:16 PM1/26/09

It didn't say what their connection to the boy is.
I thought maybe such info was in some other story.
Why do you suppose they didn't say?

Dan Sullivan

Jan 26, 2009, 3:44:14 PM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 2:47 pm, Greegor <Greego...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:27 pm, "Dragon's Girl" <bettywir...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > There was all of four sentences in the story, grag.
>
> > > Do you need someone to R-E-A-D them to you?
>
> > Oh, oh, wait....My grandson can do it.
> > Greg.  You need my grandson to read that to you?
> > I promise he'll sound out all the letters and get the words all right
> > for you.
>
> It didn't say what their connection to the boy is.
> I thought maybe such info was in some other story.

So look for the other stories, grag.

> Why do you suppose they didn't say?

Is there a reason you expect someone to take you by the hand and walk
you through all the questions you have in every thread?

For someone who keeps asking me if I'm handicapped, you certainly give
every indication you are.

Greegor

Jan 26, 2009, 6:07:07 PM1/26/09
On Jan 26, 2:44 pm, Dan Sullivan <dsull...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2:47 pm, Greegor <Greego...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Oh, oh, wait....My grandson can do it.
> > > Greg.  You need my grandson to read that to you?
> > > I promise he'll sound out all the letters and get the words all right
> > > for you.
>
> > It didn't say what their connection to the boy is.
> > I thought maybe such info was in some other story.
>
> So look for the other stories, grag.
>
> > Why do you suppose they didn't say?
>
> Is there a reason you expect someone to take you by the hand and walk
> you through all the questions you have in every thread?
>
> For someone who keeps asking me if I'm handicapped, you certainly give
> every indication you are.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1792792~Man_charged_with_sex_abuse.html
CUMBERLAND, Md. - Man charged with sex abuse
The Associated Press 2009-01-14 02:57:19.0

Allegany County authorities have charged a 42-year-old man with
sexually abusing a male victim over a 16-year period.

Kenneth Dow Green of Cumberland was arrested Tuesday and charged with
sex offense of a minor, child abuse and other sex offenses. He is
being held on $950,000 bond.

Investigators with the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation
Unit say charges the abuse began in 1991 and continued until 2008.

http://wjz.com/local/sex.abuse.2.907771.html

Jan 14, 2009 7:02 am US/Eastern
Man Charged With Sex Abuse CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) ?
Allegany County authorities have charged a 42-year-old man with
sexually abusing a male victim over a 16-year period.

Kenneth Dow Green of Cumberland was arrested Tuesday and charged with
sex offense of a minor, child abuse and other sex offenses. He is
being held on $950,000 bond.

Investigators with the Allegany County Combined Criminal Investigation
Unit say charges the abuse began in 1991 and continued until 2008.

I didn't see any new information.

Did you?

Dragon's Girl

Jan 27, 2009, 1:29:08 PM1/27/09
On Jan 26, 1:47 pm, Greegor <Greego...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:27 pm, "Dragon's Girl" <bettywir...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > There was all of four sentences in the story, grag.
>
> > > Do you need someone to R-E-A-D them to you?
>
> > Oh, oh, wait....My grandson can do it.
> > Greg.  You need my grandson to read that to you?
> > I promise he'll sound out all the letters and get the words all right
> > for you.
>
> It didn't say what their connection to the boy is.
> I thought maybe such info was in some other story.
> Why do you suppose they didn't say?

Why do you assume that they should have said?
You do know that sometimes relationships are not divulged to protect
the identity of the child, right?
Of course you know that, you just don't want to admit it.

Greegor

Jan 27, 2009, 8:44:42 PM1/27/09
G > It didn't say what their connection to the boy is.
G > I thought maybe such info was in some other story.
G > Why do you suppose they didn't say?

BW > Why do you assume that they should have said?
BW > You do know that sometimes relationships are not divulged to
protect
BW > the identity of the child, right?
BW > Of course you know that, you just don't want to admit it.

That would be particularly handy if they
were Foster Contractors, Caseworkers,
Social Workers or ""therapists"".

One of the news stories said something
about one of them bringing the kid home
often and then both of them used the kid.
That kind of a relationship does not exactly
reveal who the kid is.
But it implies they were insiders to the system, somehow.
Right Betty?

Dragon's Girl

Jan 27, 2009, 9:14:54 PM1/27/09

No, it really doesn't Gag, nowhere but in your deranged and paranoid
mind.

Dan Sullivan

Jan 27, 2009, 9:17:37 PM1/27/09

"Greegor" <Gree...@gmail.com> wrote in message

How do you figure that, grag?

More likely they were related to the boy.

What reason would a foster parent have to bring someone else's child to
their home over a 12 year period?

Or a caseworker/social worker?

Or a therapist?

richard

Jan 27, 2009, 9:30:42 PM1/27/09
I just have to know, how can a 5 year old be molested for 16 years?

Greegor

Jan 27, 2009, 10:01:44 PM1/27/09
On Jan 27, 8:30 pm, richard <mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> I just have to know, how can a 5 year old be molested for 16 years?

Apparently the member of the press corps who wrote
this was referring to the case starting when the
victim was 5 years old.

The kid would be 21 now.

Is there any statute of limitations for this sort of crime?
If the freaks hadn't been caught with video tapes
of their despicable acts I would have worried
that it might have been one of those
recovered memory garbage cases.

glamou...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2009, 1:01:09 PM2/27/09

Why are you guys so interested in this story... Don't you realize the
victim involved wouldn't want you or anyone else to know who they
are... they just want this to go away....

Greegor

Feb 28, 2009, 2:06:00 PM2/28/09

Which is why you refreshed a month old thread, right? Brilliant!

Your comments imply that the kids name was posted.
This was not the case.

Do you happen to know if the kid was a blood child
of these criminals or a foster kid?

alleg...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2020, 1:08:45 PM1/29/20
Just saw this after searching for information abt Linda Sue Green. Don’t know if this page is still active. She was my good childhood friend. I had lost contact with her after her first marriage ended. She had lived in Shreveport, Louisiana. There she met Kenneth Green. They married. She had a daughter from her previous marriage. That daughter was removed from Linda and Kenneth’s home due to suspected physical abuse from Kenneth. A teacher saw slap marks on her and reported it to social services. The girl went to live with her father. The boy who was sexually abused was the biological son of Kenneth and Linda. I had made contact with her about Six years before this abuse was found out. I visited her home and met her husband. He gave me the creeps. So, never pursued the friendship much beyond that. She did tell me that Kenneth was abused as a child by a man who he thought as his father. Kenneth was burned with cigarettes and other forms of severe abuse. Turns out his bio father was a good friend of his birth certificate father, who Kenneth looked exactly like in physical appearance. The police found video tapes of Kenneth and Linda’s abuse. Linda and Kenneth were active in a church, and she in choir and Kenneth deacon. As Agra’s I know, the son has received counseling, etc. I hope he has Ben able to get past the first 18 years of his life. When he turned 18, he refused to participate in the abusive activities. His fa5her has kicked him out. He went straight to the police. The police wasted no time in storming that house of horrors and pulling out the evidence they needed. I haven’t spoken to her nor written to her. I can forgive just abt anything, but child abuse. I believe she died January 2019. She had gotten out of prison , probably due to her poor health. She weighted abt 325 Lbs. She was stabbed by her cell mate 29 times and almost died. Prison justice, I suppose. But she died after her release.