Petition targeting new Netflix series is further proof the Left has lost their sense of humor

Ubiquitous

Jul 27, 2018, 2:05:24 PM7/27/18
Have you noticed a theme recently, something that the Left has been
doing more often? Well, for one, they seem entirely unable to laugh at
anything. In part because their ridiculous code of standards has made
it nearly impossible to laugh at anything even remotely funny.

This time, the rule violation was (shuffle deck of oppression
cards)... Fat Shaming! Which is somehow a real thing, and somehow
people actually believe that our bodily shape and roundness and all
that has nothing to do with the food we put into our body and the
amount of exercise we do. So far, over 120,000 people have signed a
Change.org petition imploring Netflix to stop the release of
"Insatiable." Yeah, that's right, the show isn't even out yet and
they're already protesting. They haven't even seen it and they're
throwing tantrums about it.

The petition says that Netflix perpetuates "not only the toxicity of
diet culture, but the objectification of women's bodies," and they
will accept nothing short of cancellation. "The damage control of
releasing this series will be far worse, insidious and sinister for
teenage girls, than it will be damaging for Netflix in their loss of
profit."

That's right, the show isn't even out yet and they're already
protesting.

Netflix describes the show as involving "Patty, a high school student
who has been bullied, ignored, and underestimated by those around her
because of her weight. But life changes quickly after she has her jaw
wired shut following a punch in the face, and finds herself suddenly
thin."

I will say, this reliable hysteria does make for some good comedy. I
mean, if we can't laugh about it, we'll wind up as stressed and
uptight as they are.

--
"The sky was low and heavy, like the brow of a retarded child."