Carbohydrates & asthma

Stephen Jury

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
I have suffered with asthma for 32 years. It got a lot easier with albuterol
but
something happened recently that has changed my life. I started a very low
carb diet. Within days my asthma got much better. From 2/3 times a day with
the inhaler to once every 2 or 3 days. I came off the diet for Thanksgiving
and
almost within 24 hours my chest was tightening up and the mucous was back.
I'm back on the diet and breathing easily again. Maybe its just me and
that's my
allergy, but it has been a fantastic revelation. I wonder if anyone else has
had the
same experience. If not give it a try. I love pasta/bread/potatoes but for
my lungs
I'll give up anything!

Vicky Daigle

Nov 28, 2000, 7:39:21 PM11/28/00

Sounds like you had a food allergy that you were lucky to inadvertently
get rid of. :-)

Vicky

Steven D. Litvintchouk

Nov 29, 2000, 12:12:36 AM11/29/00

Allergies are usually highly specific. Perhaps you are allergic to
wheat (in which case you could still eat potatoes, but not bread).

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: s...@mitre.org

Lawrence Richards

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00

"Stephen Jury" <sj...@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

> I have suffered with asthma for 32 years. It got a lot easier with
albuterol
> but
> something happened recently that has changed my life. I started a very low
> carb diet. Within days my asthma got much better. From 2/3 times a day
with
> the inhaler to once every 2 or 3 days. I came off the diet for
Thanksgiving
> and
> almost within 24 hours my chest was tightening up and the mucous was back.
> I'm back on the diet and breathing easily again. Maybe its just me and
> that's my
> allergy, but it has been a fantastic revelation. I wonder if anyone else
has
> had the
> same experience. If not give it a try. I love pasta/bread/potatoes but for
> my lungs
> I'll give up anything!

What you should try next is Food combining (the hay diet). This is where
you do not mix carbohydrates and proteins at the same meal. This is what
cured me of asthma. I also avoid dairy products, but that is personal to
me. Go to your local bookshop and buy a book about food combining. You
WONT be dis-appointed. It can really work. Hope this info helps.
Good luck.....

Galsal

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
That's exactly my first thought on reading this post.

Sal

Vicky Daigle <vda...@sympatico-nospam.ca> wrote in message

Anthony Scott Brown

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00

"Galsal" <Ave...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> That's exactly my first thought on reading this post.
>
> Sal
>
> Vicky Daigle <vda...@sympatico-nospam.ca> wrote in message
> I use Vitiam "O" from RGardens international since finding this supplement
5 yrs ago I have been free of any meds for my asthma I was on 2 inhalers and
pills but within 2 weeks of taking this supplement I have'nt taken any of
these meds or been to the doctor with any asthma symptoms. You should try
this it changed my life.

Scott Brown

Randy

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
"Vitamin O": Contains stabilized oxygen in a solution of distilled water,
sodium
chloride and trace minerals.

Q. - What are the ingredients in "Vitamin O"?
A. - "Vitamin O" contains intact oxygen molecules in a liquid solution of
distilled water, sodium chloride and trace minerals.

This is from the website that Mr. Brown recommends for "Vitamin Ohhhh!".
Has anyone ever heard of a 'fragmented' oxygen molecule? Oxygen can exist
with a couple different number of electrons but if the number of protons is
changed it is no longer oxygen. If you take a jar of water, add a pinch of
table salt, put a lid on it and then shake it you'll have a solution of
intact oxygen molecules, sodium chloride and trace minerals from the tap
water and impurities in the salt. Give me a break.

Anthony Scott Brown <sh...@leading.net> wrote in message

> "Galsal" <Ave...@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> > That's exactly my first thought on reading this post.
> >
> > Sal

Colin Campbell

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:24:07 -0000, "Lawrence Richards"
<Lmr...@tesco.net> wrote:

>What you should try next is Food combining (the hay diet). This is where
>you do not mix carbohydrates and proteins at the same meal. This is what
>cured me of asthma. I also avoid dairy products, but that is personal to
>me. Go to your local bookshop and buy a book about food combining. You
>WONT be dis-appointed. It can really work. Hope this info helps.

????

Food combining? This is something I have never heard of. Is this
something that has actual research backing it up or just another one
of those 'popular' (but baseless) diet theories?

"Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off."
General Colin Powell

Colin Campbell

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:57:25 -0500, "Anthony Scott Brown"
<sh...@leading.net> wrote:

>> > Vicky
>> I use Vitiam "O" from RGardens international since finding this supplement
>5 yrs ago I have been free of any meds for my asthma I was on 2 inhalers and
>pills but within 2 weeks of taking this supplement I have'nt taken any of
>these meds or been to the doctor with any asthma symptoms. You should try
>this it changed my life.

'Vitamin O' is a known scam.

All this stuff is distilled water that is saturates with (supposedly)
oxygen. A couple of years ago when I was running my asthma quackery
website I discovered that an outfit in San Diego was using welding
oxygen (instead of aviation or medical grade oxygen) to make the
stuff. When I asked them about it they were not even aware that there
was a difference. (But they want us to trust our health to them.)

Steven D. Litvintchouk

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Lawrence Richards wrote:

> "Stephen Jury" <sj...@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > I have suffered with asthma for 32 years. It got a lot easier with
> albuterol
> > but
> > something happened recently that has changed my life. I started a very low
> > carb diet. Within days my asthma got much better. From 2/3 times a day
> with
> > the inhaler to once every 2 or 3 days. I came off the diet for
> Thanksgiving
> > and
> > almost within 24 hours my chest was tightening up and the mucous was back.
> > I'm back on the diet and breathing easily again. Maybe its just me and
> > that's my
> > allergy, but it has been a fantastic revelation. I wonder if anyone else
> has
> > had the
> > same experience. If not give it a try. I love pasta/bread/potatoes but for
> > my lungs
> > I'll give up anything!
> >

> What you should try next is Food combining (the hay diet). This is where
> you do not mix carbohydrates and proteins at the same meal. This is what
> cured me of asthma. I also avoid dairy products, but that is personal to
> me. Go to your local bookshop and buy a book about food combining. You
> WONT be dis-appointed. It can really work. Hope this info helps.
> Good luck.....

The Hay diet is a fad diet from early in the 20th century. It was never
updated to take account of advances in nutritional science since then.
In fact, it was critiqued quite nicely in the book "Fads and Fallacies,"
which was published in the 1950's.

By the way, it's hard to avoid combining proteins and carbohydrates in a
single meal--because many foods contain both. As I am writing this, I
am eating a bagel, which contains protein as well as carbohydrate. So
do common vegetables like corn. (That, in fact, is how vegans get their
daily protein intake.)

Steven D. Litvintchouk

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
to col...@linkline.com
Colin Campbell wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:24:07 -0000, "Lawrence Richards"
> <Lmr...@tesco.net> wrote:
>
> >What you should try next is Food combining (the hay diet). This is where
> >you do not mix carbohydrates and proteins at the same meal. This is what
> >cured me of asthma. I also avoid dairy products, but that is personal to
> >me. Go to your local bookshop and buy a book about food combining. You
> >WONT be dis-appointed. It can really work. Hope this info helps.
>
> ????
>
> Food combining? This is something I have never heard of. Is this
> something that has actual research backing it up or just another one
> of those 'popular' (but baseless) diet theories?

You're going to be sorry you asked, Colin.

The Hay diet was a fad diet from early in the 20th century. Hay
believed that protein needed acid for digestion, whereas carbohydrate
needed alkaline (or was it the other way around)?, and "obviously" your
stomach can't be both acid and alkaline at the same time. (When is your
stomach ever alkaline?) Hay was apparently unaware that much digestion
occurs in the intestines, not the stomach.

Don't laugh, it gets worse. Hay believed that this practice of
combining protein and carbohydrate would cause "acidosis," which he
believed causes many bodily ills (including asthma, I guess). As a
quick cure, he recommended frequent fasting. (Medical research has
since found out that fasting *really* causes acidosis.)

So Hay published these cookbooks filled with recipes that were either
PURE carbohydrate or PURE protein. Including some delicious alcoholic
cocktails.

I sometimes wonder if centuries from now, physicians will look back at
how we treated asthma in the year 2000 (with inhalers and stuff), and
laugh at us too.

Surfer!

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
In article <6a3a2tc9rs48evv01...@4ax.com>, Colin Campbell
<col...@linkline.com> writes

>On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:24:07 -0000, "Lawrence Richards"
><Lmr...@tesco.net> wrote:
>

>>What you should try next is Food combining (the hay diet). This is where
>>you do not mix carbohydrates and proteins at the same meal. This is what
>>cured me of asthma. I also avoid dairy products, but that is personal to
>>me. Go to your local bookshop and buy a book about food combining. You
>>WONT be dis-appointed. It can really work. Hope this info helps.
>
>????
>
>Food combining? This is something I have never heard of. Is this
>something that has actual research backing it up or just another one
>of those 'popular' (but baseless) diet theories?

Popular & baseless - after all the food you eat gets into the stomach
which contains plenty of hydrochloric acid! I know people who claim it
causes them to lose weight. My theory is that they have to stop & think
what they *really* want to eat. Also the time limits in the Hay diet
help to discourage snacking.

When I first heard of it I imagined siting down to a nice bale of hay!

Surfer! Send email to: surfer at
nevis-view dot
demon dot co dot uk
"I can resist anything but temptation" - Oscar Wild ;-)

Surfer!

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
In article <qd3a2t0g4cb3o37im...@4ax.com>, Colin Campbell
<col...@linkline.com> writes

>>> I use Vitiam "O" from RGardens international since finding this supplement
>>5 yrs ago I have been free of any meds for my asthma I was on 2 inhalers and
>>pills but within 2 weeks of taking this supplement I have'nt taken any of
>>these meds or been to the doctor with any asthma symptoms. You should try
>>this it changed my life.
>
>'Vitamin O' is a known scam.
>
>All this stuff is distilled water that is saturates with (supposedly)
>oxygen.

As the temperature of water increases any dissolved gases come out of
solution and escape into the atmosphere - if you boil water in a glass
beaker you can see the bubbles form on the side of the vessel.

So distilled water tastes *horrid* as it's lacking all the things which
make it nice to drink - dissolved gases and minerals.

Sounds like "vitamin O" is a scam to first remove these, and then add
them back!

>A couple of years ago when I was running my asthma quackery
>website I discovered that an outfit in San Diego was using welding
>oxygen (instead of aviation or medical grade oxygen) to make the
>stuff. When I asked them about it they were not even aware that there
>was a difference. (But they want us to trust our health to them.)
>

>"Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off."
> General Colin Powell

Surfer! Send email to: surfer at

Vicky Daigle

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
"Surfer!" wrote:
> When I first heard of it I imagined siting down to a nice bale of hay!

So did I, actually. Boy, was I surprised.

To be honest, I was expecting a lot of people to start claiming that
they had Hay fever. ;-)

Vicky

blonde...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2020, 10:38:50 PM6/13/20
That absolutely happens to me too!! Low carb and Keto saved my asthma!!