OTP: Can you identify your co-worker?

firechief

Feb 2, 2003, 10:44:05 PM2/2/03
The Coffepot Dodger
Always eager to drink the coffee but never
willing to brew, this coffee drinker is invisible
when the pot runs on empty.

The Decaf Dictator
For this brand of coffee drinker, it's has to be
decaffeinated coffer or no coffee at all.

The Coffee Hog
No matter when you visit the coffeepot, the
hog always seems to be there first, pouring
another cup, fiddling with sugar packets,
dribbling drops of cream all over the
counter.

The Coffee Snob
Know this: Whatever's in the pot is never
good enough. Some coffee snobs shun the
idea of flavored creamers, flavored coffee,
flavored anything at all.
At Lehman Brothers office in Dallas, they
don't just have coffee - they have Starbucks.
"We don't have those glass pots anymore,
those are old news. We have coffee carafes
and freshly brewed cup-for-cup coffee. We
treat our employees very special with coffee."

The Macho Coffee Lover
No matter how strong, no matter how black,
it's still too weak.
Regional preferenaces:
People on the west coast prefer darker,
heavier, coffee.
People in the east and south like their coffee
lighter.

Yet the appetite for darker is growing. More
people are drinking espresso. More go for
straight shots of espresso. The future office
is going to have an espresso machine.

Aim

Feb 3, 2003, 12:01:47 AM2/3/03
PAH!
I work at Starbucks Corporate.
We have industrial espresso machines every 100 feet or so.
Standard brewers too, but why would you drink regular brew? Just make an
Americano? Tastes better, is less acidic, and makes you less jittery cuz
the water is pulled through the grounds faster. mmmmmmmm, COFFEEEEE.

I am a coffee snob. I admit it.

Aim

firechief

Feb 3, 2003, 1:11:14 AM2/3/03
Aim wrote:

> I work at Starbucks Corporate.
> We have industrial espresso machines every 100 feet or so.
> Standard brewers too, but why would you drink regular brew?

Because the one and only cup of starbucks coffee I bought (at
Parkway Plaza) was extremely bitter and left me with a foul
taste for starbucks in the future.

Mary

Feb 3, 2003, 9:59:09 AM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:11:14 GMT, "firechief" <fire-...@cox.net>
wrote:

Gotta say I'm in that camp, Aim. When I get S'bucks coffee, I get a
mocha, to mask the taste. :/
-
Mary MacT
http://www.alamedacreek.net
(new site under construction: http://www.alamedacreek.net/mary)

Jo Firey

Feb 3, 2003, 10:53:38 AM2/3/03
"firechief" <fire-...@cox.net> wrote in message
Same here. I'm sure some Starbucks make wonderful coffee. They
have to pay for all the new stores somehow and seem to have tons
of regular customers. But the only Starbucks we've tried was at
the Atlanta airport after flying in on the red eye. And as much
as we needed coffee, both of us dumped it after a few sips.
(And I like espresso and all the variations of)

Jo

Bruce Moore

Feb 3, 2003, 11:03:04 AM2/3/03
I wake up every morning to the smell of Italian Roast. My mother is a
devoted Italian drinker. I used to love coffee but gave it up years ago
along with cafinated sodas.
Bruce

--
Success is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall
"Aim" <a...@arthritisinsight.com> wrote in message

Kim McCarthy

Feb 3, 2003, 11:30:58 AM2/3/03
> The Coffepot Dodger
> Always eager to drink the coffee but never
> willing to brew, this coffee drinker is invisible
> when the pot runs on empty.

Coworker-schmoworker - that's my husband. LOL - dammit, he never makes a fresh
pot, just leaves a quarter inch or so in the bottom and turns the coffee-maker
off. Grrrrrr...

~Kimmy

it is short for Andrea

Feb 3, 2003, 5:38:19 PM2/3/03
>> Because the one and only cup of starbucks coffee I bought (at
>> Parkway Plaza) was extremely bitter and left me with a foul
>> taste for starbucks in the future.

I've had bitter, overroasted coffee at a number of their locations over the
years too. They make a sinfully good frozen coffee drink, but then you are
drinking lots of sugar and fat, not that I don't sometimes endulge.

On the other hand, I prefer my coffee black with nothing in it and tasting
good. Afraid Starbuck's stuff just doesn't qualify there for my taste buds.

LadyAndy

Chat live with us at >http://tinyurl.com/4ust < (this is at iVillageHealth - my
chats are on Sun evenings at 10 ET)

Joint Replacement Board at
http://boards.ivillagehealth.com/cgi-bin/boards/bhivhjointreplace

Caroline Marold

Feb 3, 2003, 5:11:17 PM2/3/03
My daughter and her husband are really missing their Dunkin Doughnuts
which apparently has great coffee. Neither can stand Starbucks and that
seems to be the only thing on every corner in CA. Still surprised that
they didn't take back a bag of coffee beans from here.
Duckie [who is allergic to coffee but is still enjoying the thread]

Aim

Feb 3, 2003, 8:44:42 PM2/3/03
Caroline Marold <mar...@mediaone.net> wrote:

>My daughter and her husband are really missing their Dunkin Doughnuts
>which apparently has great coffee. Neither can stand Starbucks and that
>seems to be the only thing on every corner in CA. Still surprised that
>they didn't take back a bag of coffee beans from here.
>Duckie [who is allergic to coffee but is still enjoying the thread]

Lemme tell you all a secret :-)

I HATED Sbux coffee till I worked there. Thought it was bitter and NASTY.

It's all in the timing of the shot pulled. Now that *most* stores have the
automatic machines, the shot times are automatic, and it has NOTHING to do
with individual baristas, so the ONLY way to get a bitter shot is if the
machine is out of calibration. That is, if the store is a Starbucks retail
store. As in, it stands alone in its own building, a mall or strip mall.
If it's in a grocery store, hotel, or airport, even if its a kiosk or
storefront in those places, it is NOT a true starbucks store, it's a
licensed business alliance store, and unfortunately they are just licensed
to use the name, not trained to make the coffee right.

As for beans, I like Verona, Italian Roast, Gold Coast (my favorite of the
regular blends), and then there is the Organic... also known in my house
as the ORGASMIC BLEND. Serena is the best of those. It's a fair trade
coffee and is INCREDIBLE in its smoothness and lack of acidity. YUM.

Yeah, I've become a starbucks lover.

But you know what? I still love the mom-and-pop stands, the gourmet ones I
mean, who have the REAL baristas who KNOW how to time every single shot
they pull, and who take pride in getting the foam JUST RIGHT and will
throw out a latte if it isn't just perfect and start over rather than
serve you less than the best. You may wait 3-4 minutes for that cup, but
it's WORTH it.

Aim

Lyn Brown

Feb 3, 2003, 6:34:46 PM2/3/03
I knew the snobby one.

Lyn

Diana Taggart

Feb 3, 2003, 9:29:32 PM2/3/03
Then there are those of us who don't drink coffee - period. Nada. None.
Bleah!

ROFL!! Give me a Pepsi or just a glass of iced water and I'm happy.

DeeTee
________________________________
DeeTee and Bob Taggart
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdtaggart/
________________________________

"firechief" <fire-...@cox.net> wrote in message

Caroline Marold

Feb 3, 2003, 9:13:40 PM2/3/03
lol Wonder when she had her first cup. Bet it has improved for her at
this point but secretly, I don't think she really likes coffee, it is
Jeff's thing.
Duckie

Tina Underwood

Feb 3, 2003, 10:07:54 PM2/3/03

>Then there are those of us who don't drink coffee - period. Nada. None.
>Bleah!
>
>ROFL!! Give me a Pepsi or just a glass of iced water and I'm happy.

Coffee is only good at 3am after a night of drinking. Otherwise...give me a
pepsi!

~KJ
Akron, Ohio
http://arthritisinsight.com
Knowledge is power...support is essential.
Tina's Togs http://tinastogs.com
Quality Plus Size and Vintage Fashions
Coming soon to a puter near you!

Nann Bell

Feb 3, 2003, 10:10:04 PM2/3/03
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:11:17 -0500, Caroline Marold wrote
(in message <3E3EE905...@mediaone.net>):

> My daughter and her husband are really missing their Dunkin Doughnuts
> which apparently has great coffee. Neither can stand Starbucks and that
> seems to be the only thing on every corner in CA. Still surprised that
> they didn't take back a bag of coffee beans from here.
> Duckie [who is allergic to coffee but is still enjoying the thread]

At last! Massachusetts people who admit to liking Dunkin Donuts! Actually
we've had lousy coffee at some of them, but I am so tired of hearing people
craving Krispy Kreme when there's a DD on every corner.

Not all that fond of S'bucks myself. it's ok, but I'll still walk past the 2
nearby ones to get to our Au Bon Pan. We've got 2 of those also, both with
better coffee for less mone than at teh Starbucks.

--
Nann
remove the Gator cheer to email me

Caroline Marold

Feb 3, 2003, 9:34:07 PM2/3/03
Did I tell you and DeeTee that after not drinking any caffeine for 15
years, my PCP got me hooked again by drinking some for my way too low
BP. John had diet coke in the house and it was nasty and then Jen
suggested I try the diet pepsi. yummmmm
It has to be in the house now. I try to not drink more than 6oz per day
-- after all I have to be careful with that BP.
But yummmmmm
Duckie

Mary Z

Feb 3, 2003, 11:20:24 PM2/3/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:11:17 -0400, Caroline Marold
<mar...@mediaone.net> wrote:

>My daughter and her husband are really missing their Dunkin Doughnuts
>which apparently has great coffee. Neither can stand Starbucks and that
>seems to be the only thing on every corner in CA. Still surprised that
>they didn't take back a bag of coffee beans from here.
>Duckie [who is allergic to coffee but is still enjoying the thread]

I like Starbucks coffee but at home I drink Peets coffee from San
Francisco. They send it to me every 45 days. Your daughter should try
some if she doesn't like Starbucks. Dark roast coffee yeah! -- MZ

Visit my website:
http://www.mzuschlag.com

Caroline Marold

Feb 3, 2003, 10:37:41 PM2/3/03
Sent that along to her. My guess is that she has already found it. :)
Duckie

Rose B

Feb 3, 2003, 11:59:09 PM2/3/03
So how does "Seattle's Best Coffee" compare? We have a coffee place
here that serves it. I find that it has a coffee aroma, but that does
not translade to good taste. Instead it has a rather indistinct muddy
flavour.
lol
What do the coffee connoiseurs think?
Rose

Newsgroup Spambuster

Feb 4, 2003, 2:14:21 AM2/4/03

Am I the only one here that likes Coke over Pepsi???

I'm with DeeTee in that I never have liked coffee and don't think I ever
will. Don't even like the taste of it when it is mixed into a baked
product or coffee flavored candy---yeeeeeeeeech!!!

Diet Coke is my caffiene of choice to start the day off!

Donna G

Nann Bell

Feb 4, 2003, 7:51:16 AM2/4/03
> I like Starbucks coffee but at home I drink Peets coffee from San
> Francisco. They send it to me every 45 days. Your daughter should try
> some if she doesn't like Starbucks. Dark roast coffee yeah! -- MZ

Hmmm, there's a Peets nearby that I never go to for some reason. now I have
to try it.

Nann Bell

Feb 4, 2003, 7:51:22 AM2/4/03
> Am I the only one here that likes Coke over Pepsi???

Nope. I detest Pepsi. Won't drink it if there is any other option.

jgi...@earthlink.net

Feb 4, 2003, 12:06:08 PM2/4/03

"firechief" <fire-...@cox.net> wrote in message
news:9Al%9.19661$pY5.2...@news1.west.cox.net... > Yet the appetite for

darker is growing. More
> people are drinking espresso. More go for
> straight shots of espresso. The future office
> is going to have an espresso machine.

And then there is chicory (I know, not coffee.)
Cheers
John GW

Maybull2

Feb 4, 2003, 1:21:35 PM2/4/03
>I am so tired of hearing people
>craving Krispy Kreme when there's a DD on every corner.

Not even discussing the coffee, but the DONUTS!! I fail to understand all the
fuss about KK donuts. Can anybody enlighten me?
Char

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya'.
We're all in this together." Red Green

Maybull2

Feb 4, 2003, 1:23:34 PM2/4/03
>Nope. I detest Pepsi. Won't drink it if there is any other option.

You poor deluded person. Pepsi wins, hands down.

Maybull2

Feb 4, 2003, 1:25:49 PM2/4/03
>Then there are those of us who don't drink coffee - period. Nada. None.
>Bleah!
>
>ROFL!! Give me a Pepsi or just a glass of iced water and I'm happy.

Never used to be a coffee drinker, except occasionally. At the advanced age of
54, I discovered this winter, that I really LIKE coffee. lol But when summer
heat arrives, you can bet I will look for another source for my caffiene.

socjog

Feb 4, 2003, 1:50:52 PM2/4/03
skip all the donuts and go right to the chocolate for me . I could bath in
this stuff and to make matters worse I asked my hubby when I am dead to
bury me with a bag of M&Ms and a bottle of Irish cream some cigarettes and
my underpants on LOL Im not kidding either . See ya never knew I had such a
sick mind did ya??? Warm hugs,
socjog
PS where are all the chocalte lovers ???
"Maybull2" <mayb...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

socjog

Feb 4, 2003, 1:52:25 PM2/4/03
excuse me advanced age of 54 LOL I must be under advanced then LOL
Hugs
socjog at under advanced 46

"Maybull2" <mayb...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Jo Firey

Feb 4, 2003, 2:24:10 PM2/4/03
"Maybull2" <mayb...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

> >I am so tired of hearing people
> >craving Krispy Kreme when there's a DD on every corner.
>
> Not even discussing the coffee, but the DONUTS!! I fail to
understand all the
> fuss about KK donuts. Can anybody enlighten me?
> Char

Seems nobody is neutral about KK doughnuts. My kids love them,
Charlie will actually stand in line for them. But my sister in
law thinks they are just plain awful.

They are a lot fluffier and sweeter than regular doughnuts. Not
a good thing if you enjoy something more substantial.

Jo

Rebecca Ford

Feb 4, 2003, 3:22:28 PM2/4/03
Bleeech!!! Muddy is just right. I usually go for Starbucks or Tully's. Rose,
do you know the small B.C. chain Esquires? They're pretty good. I'm also
wondering about Blenz as I've always skipped over it for Starbucks. and by
the way, what Aim says about baristas and timing is true. My brother
educated me after doing the starbucks bean class.

--
Rebecca Ford
"Rose B" <rba...@nicolanospamvalley.com> wrote in message

Ifish2b

Feb 4, 2003, 5:36:25 PM2/4/03
>Not even discussing the coffee, but the DONUTS!! I fail to understand all
>the
>fuss about KK donuts. Can anybody enlighten me?
>Char

They are like pure sugar. Sets my teeth on edge.

Sarah L

"Friends are those people who know the words to the song in your heart and sing
them back to you when you have forgotten the words." (unattributed)

Ifish2b

Feb 4, 2003, 5:37:28 PM2/4/03
>Am I the only one here that likes Coke over Pepsi???

Nope, I'm right there with you Donna.

Gwen Love

Feb 4, 2003, 5:52:35 PM2/4/03
Donna G., all my life I had preferred Coke to Ppsi, and the real thing!
However, I have just lately started preferring Pepsi to Coke. And I also love
Mountain Dew!
Gwen

Gwen Love

Feb 4, 2003, 5:54:29 PM2/4/03
Char, the glazed ones (KK) are just the lightest, best tasting things you can
get. I've never tasted another that equals it to me.
Gwen

Gwen Love

Feb 4, 2003, 6:03:16 PM2/4/03
I didn't drink coffe much in my early teens, but when I met Grayson and his
family I started drinking it. Drank it for man, many years, especially early
in the morning. But when I had mykidney railure, I just didn't like the taste
of coffee or tea. I now drink iced tea and coffee occasionally, burt never
make a pot just for me in my 12 cup coffee maker.
Drink it at times at my son's house. We really did enjoy Kona coffee in
Hawaii though. Bought some to bring home, but it was soon gone.
Gwen

Aim

Feb 4, 2003, 7:23:39 PM2/4/03
mayb...@aol.comnospam (Maybull2) wrote:

I don't particularly like em.

Aim

Aim

Feb 4, 2003, 7:27:57 PM2/4/03
"Rebecca Ford" <rebecc...@attbi.com> wrote:

>Bleeech!!! Muddy is just right. I usually go for Starbucks or Tully's. Rose,
>do you know the small B.C. chain Esquires? They're pretty good. I'm also
>wondering about Blenz as I've always skipped over it for Starbucks. and by
>the way, what Aim says about baristas and timing is true. My brother
>educated me after doing the starbucks bean class.

Tully's is YUMMY!

SBC is crap.

Vivace, the small stand on Capitol Hill, is the very best.

Aim

Caroline Marold

Feb 4, 2003, 6:45:49 PM2/4/03
Bet that was why my mother and I could eat a dozen by ourselves. That
was pre diagnosis for her diabetes. My great uncle Ben, who also was
diabetic, could eat a whole pie by himself. Sounds like a problem for my
family history. :) My blood sugar stays around 85 but I work at it.
Duckie

Caroline Marold

Feb 4, 2003, 6:46:52 PM2/4/03
That is what my husband drinks. :)
Duckie

Caroline Marold

Feb 4, 2003, 6:51:17 PM2/4/03
Ohh that is what I drink now. Actually a product called Bambu which is
mostly chicory, figs, twigs and stuff. No caffeine.
Duckie

Nann Bell

Feb 4, 2003, 7:53:51 PM2/4/03
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:23:34 -0500, Maybull2 wrote
(in message <20030204132334...@mb-ff.aol.com>):

>> Nope. I detest Pepsi. Won't drink it if there is any other option.
>
> You poor deluded person. Pepsi wins, hands down.
> Char

Well, you're not the first person to call me deluded! LOL

I'll let you Pepsi lovers fight over my share of the world's Pepsi.
Actually, I really like diet Dr Pepper, but will take diet Coke over that
Brittany Spears advertised drink!

Rose B

Feb 4, 2003, 9:27:19 PM2/4/03
On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 20:22:28 GMT, "Rebecca Ford"
<rebecc...@attbi.com> wrote:

>Bleeech!!! Muddy is just right. I usually go for Starbucks or Tully's. Rose,
>do you know the small B.C. chain Esquires?

Have not tried it, but i will be on the lookout next time i am in a
larger centre.
Rose

Newsgroup Spambuster

Feb 5, 2003, 12:09:03 AM2/5/03

Oh, thanks Nann!!! Am glad to see that someone else besides me is a
Coke drinker!!! Love it!

Donna G

Newsgroup Spambuster

Feb 5, 2003, 12:12:59 AM2/5/03

Oh yeah, another Coke drinker!!! Thanks Sarah, I was beginning to feel
so alone!!! LOLOL!!!

Donna G

Newsgroup Spambuster

Feb 5, 2003, 12:11:07 AM2/5/03

Now, now, Char.......I would have to challenge you on this fact!!!
Pepsi does not rule --- COKE does!!!! LOLOLOL...... may have to
have cola wars here!

Donna G

Newsgroup Spambuster

Feb 5, 2003, 12:15:15 AM2/5/03

Oh Gwen, now there is something I think is even worse than
coffee---Mountain Dew!!! Yeeeeeck!!!!! My SIL calls it mountain
pee---LOL!!!! Nasty stuff!

Donna G

Newsgroup Spambuster

Feb 5, 2003, 12:19:10 AM2/5/03

Ohhhhhh YUM!!!!! I am definitely with you Nann!!! I LOVE Diet Dr.
Pepper!!! Will always go for Dr. Pepper over Coke but do like my Diet
Coke as well!!!

Donna G

firechief

Feb 5, 2003, 12:55:32 AM2/5/03
Gwen Love wrote:

> We really did enjoy Kona coffee in Hawaii though. Bought some to
> bring home, but it was soon gone.

Mary and I buy Kona coffee at the commissary in San Diego.

Nann Bell

Feb 5, 2003, 7:56:14 AM2/5/03
> Not even discussing the coffee, but the DONUTS!! I fail to understand all
> the
> fuss about KK donuts. Can anybody enlighten me?
> Char

I don't get it either Char. We know people here who drove 60 miles - each
way - to get to the first KK to open in this area. We were stunned. Some
folks here are so nuts for them that we threatened to bring a footlocker full
back from Xmas in FL and auction them off!

Maybull2

Feb 5, 2003, 12:06:39 PM2/5/03
>I don't particularly like em.

Me either. A glazed donut is a glazed donut. I think the key is how FRESH
they are.

Maybull2

Feb 5, 2003, 12:08:39 PM2/5/03
>I'll let you Pepsi lovers fight over my share of the world's Pepsi.
>Actually, I really like diet Dr Pepper, but will take diet Coke over that
>Brittany Spears advertised drink!

I loved Pepsi LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG before Ms. Spears was even born. LOL But Dr.
Pepper? eeeeeerwwwwwwww!!!!

Maybull2

Feb 5, 2003, 12:09:53 PM2/5/03

>Now, now, Char.......I would have to challenge you on this fact!!!
>Pepsi does not rule --- COKE does!!!!

LOL Huh UH!!! Pepsi!!!!!

Maybull2

Feb 5, 2003, 12:10:57 PM2/5/03
>I don't get it either Char. We know people here who drove 60 miles - each
>way - to get to the first KK to open in this area. We were stunned.

Now that is just plain, DUMB!!

Tina Underwood

Feb 5, 2003, 3:09:43 PM2/5/03
>>I don't get it either Char. We know people here who drove 60 miles - each
>>way - to get to the first KK to open in this area. We were stunned.

I like KK and I like Dunkin. I just like donuts! LOL Is it maybe just the
novelty for some people? We've had KK's here for as long as I can remember so
they aren't a big deal.

~KJ
Akron, Ohio
http://arthritisinsight.com
Knowledge is power...support is essential.
Tina's Togs Quality Plus Size and Vintage Fashions
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinastogs

Bruce Moore

Feb 5, 2003, 5:08:07 PM2/5/03
ACTUALLY 7UP RULES
BRUCE

--
Success is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall
"Ifish2b" <ifi...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

firechief

Feb 5, 2003, 6:51:16 PM2/5/03

>> Pepsi does not rule --- COKE does!!!!

> LOL Huh UH!!! Pepsi!!!!!

Royal Crown Cola is the ruler.

Diana Taggart

Feb 5, 2003, 7:12:27 PM2/5/03
IF THERE'S NO PEPSI IN HEAVEN....I AIN'T GOIN'

--
________________________________
DeeTee and Bob Taggart
http://home.earthlink.net/~bdtaggart/
________________________________
"firechief" <fire-...@cox.net> wrote in message

Tina Underwood

Feb 5, 2003, 7:34:04 PM2/5/03
>IF THERE'S NO PEPSI IN HEAVEN....I AIN'T GOIN'

Darlin', if there ain't no pepsi, that's HELL!

Maybull2

Feb 6, 2003, 8:14:23 AM2/6/03
>ACTUALLY 7UP RULES
>BRUCE

ROFL BOY are YOU out of step. LOL

Mary

Feb 6, 2003, 9:58:40 AM2/6/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:44:42 -0800, Aim <a...@arthritisinsight.com>
wrote:

>It's all in the timing of the shot pulled. Now that *most* stores have the
>automatic machines, the shot times are automatic, and it has NOTHING to do
>with individual baristas, so the ONLY way to get a bitter shot is if the
>machine is out of calibration.

And in my experience, the baristas where I live, while very *nice*,
aren't well-trained about coffee.

Me: "Can I have that ground for a Melitta cone please?"
Barista: "What?"
Me: "A Melitta drip cone."
Barista: "We don't know what that is."
Me (holding up a package of cone filters for sale): "For this thing."
Barista: "Oh, that thing!" *grind*
Me: (brings coffee home to find out it's ground way too finely)

Unfortunately, my favorite coffee, Peet's (which has roots entwined
with Starbucks) might be going the same way. They've rapidly increased
production for their web sales and in-store displays (a new thing),
but fortunately, don't seem to be opening new stores, so it won't go
crazy. Sadly, volume seems to matter a lot with coffee. (And I have a
grinder now, so I get whole beans.)
-
Mary MacT
http://www.alamedacreek.net
(new site under construction: http://www.alamedacreek.net/mary)

Mary

Feb 6, 2003, 9:59:15 AM2/6/03
On 04 Feb 2003 22:36:25 GMT, ifi...@aol.comnospam (Ifish2b) wrote:

>They are like pure sugar. Sets my teeth on edge.

I can eat *one* if it's piping hot. Once it's even just warm, it's too
sugary and too greasy.

Mary

Feb 6, 2003, 9:59:44 AM2/6/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:20:24 -0800, Mary Z <Zusc...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I like Starbucks coffee but at home I drink Peets coffee from San
>Francisco. They send it to me every 45 days. Your daughter should try
>some if she doesn't like Starbucks. Dark roast coffee yeah! -- MZ

I always knew we were soulmates, Mary. :)

Mary

Feb 6, 2003, 10:00:18 AM2/6/03
On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:59:09 -0800, Rose B
<rba...@nicolanospamvalley.com> wrote:

>So how does "Seattle's Best Coffee" compare? We have a coffee place
>here that serves it. I find that it has a coffee aroma, but that does
>not translade to good taste. Instead it has a rather indistinct muddy
>flavour.
>lol
>What do the coffee connoiseurs think?

I tried it in Seattle, and prefer Starbucks. We started calling it
"Seattle's Second Best" while we were there. :)

Bruce Moore

Feb 6, 2003, 8:18:10 PM2/6/03
That's nothing new; I've always marched to the beat of my own drum. Makes
life a whole lot more simple and enjoyable that way
Bruce
PS You want a real laugh you should hear me play my own drum!!!!

--
Success is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall

"Maybull2" <mayb...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Bruce Moore

Feb 6, 2003, 8:20:20 PM2/6/03
Starbucks.....all my friends call it Four Bucks, they say that's the avg
cost of a coffee. I know many have started going to Timothy's and Second
Cup.
Bruce

--
Success is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall

"Mary" <Mary MacT> wrote in message

Aim

Feb 6, 2003, 9:51:37 PM2/6/03
Mary <Mary MacT> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:20:24 -0800, Mary Z <Zusc...@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I like Starbucks coffee but at home I drink Peets coffee from San
>>Francisco. They send it to me every 45 days. Your daughter should try
>>some if she doesn't like Starbucks. Dark roast coffee yeah! -- MZ
>
>I always knew we were soulmates, Mary. :)
>-

Yeah, it's funny -- when I first saw her answer, I thought it was you, cuz
I didn't look past the first name. Took me a few seconds to register it
was MaryZ not MaryMac. *grin* You two can be VERY alike at times. There
has been more than once i have to do a double-take to see which of you I'm
reading.

Aim