T-Shirts/Bumper Stickers/Movies

Kitty Kelly

Oct 20, 2004, 11:16:53 PM10/20/04

OK, people - Post your favorite t-shirt sayings, favorite bumper
stickers, and your favorite Christmas movies. I'll go first:

T-shirt -

When I was young I would skinny dip
Now that I'm old I chunky dunk

and

There are 3 kinds of people in the world

The ones who do well in math
and the ones that don't

Bumper stickers -

I've only left my house 5 times this year and one of those was in an
ambulance, so I don't see them anymore LOL!!!

Movies -

A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
The Ref

-bg-

Kitty

Janet R

Oct 21, 2004, 12:42:37 AM10/21/04
T-shirt:
"I see a village somewhere is without their idiot"
and "I see dumb people"

Bumper Sticker:
"Hang up and DRIVE"

Christmas Movie:
Christmas Vacation
Christmas Story
Bad Santa (I thought it was a hoot)

Janet R

"Kitty Kelly" <Kitt...@webtv.net> wrote in message

JLee

Oct 21, 2004, 12:46:46 AM10/21/04
General saying:
The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep
your mouth shut in any language is priceless

Bumper Sticker:
Non Cogito Nimis Ergo Non Sim

T-Shirt:
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN

Christmas Movies:
Miracle on 34th Street (the original)
Its a Wonderful Life (which I didn't see for the first time until last year)

Janet N.

d'huit

Oct 21, 2004, 1:13:01 AM10/21/04
favorite saying---
"brain fog is . . . ."

bumper sticker---
"Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

movie---
the quiet man
close encounters
calendar girls
and a bazillion other movies

kate

"Kitty Kelly" <Kitt...@webtv.net> wrote in message

---

spodosaurus

Oct 21, 2004, 5:05:06 AM10/21/04
Bumper sticker:
A Jesus fish symbol with legs having either Darwin or Evolution written
inside :-)

Cheers,

Ari

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Kitty Kelly

Oct 21, 2004, 5:25:00 AM10/21/04
~~~~Bumper sticker:
A Jesus fish symbol with legs having either Darwin or Evolution written
inside ~~~~Ari

LOL!!! That reminds me of a car I saw in the late '70's that had
serious religious bumper stickers all over the bumper, and the trunk,
and the rear fenders. Can we say screwed up paint job?

Dead center between the rear tail lights was a lime green bumper sticker
with big red letters that said:

Jesus Is Coming!
And Is He Pissed!

I laughed until I cried at that red light.

-bg-

Kitty

Nann Bell

Oct 21, 2004, 8:51:26 AM10/21/04
some might call me boring........

T-shirt:

what if.........
(graphic of Christian fish)
God created evolution
(graphic of Darwin fish)
Darwin just took notes

(graphic only) the Picasso dove sketch

--- some political ones I won't go into here -

and...... just about any Gator Tshirt!

Bumper stickers:
God bless the whole world
No exceptions

Courtesy is contagious

The Arts are not a luxury

Not all who wander are lost

Movies:

Pleasantville
Groundhog Day
Little Big Man
Chicago

--
Nann
remove the Gator cheer to email me

Adelle D. Stavis, Esq.

Oct 22, 2004, 9:19:39 AM10/22/04

"Kitty Kelly" <Kitt...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> OK, people - Post your favorite t-shirt sayings, favorite bumper
> stickers, and your favorite Christmas movies.
>

> T-shirt -

Here goes - don't mean to offend, but just being true to me -

Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

> Bumper stickers -

The moral majority is neither.
I'm pro-choice and I vote.

> Movies -

None. But I do like Emerson, Lake and Palmer's "I believe in Father
Christmas."

Being a Jew in a Christian world, Christmas movies feel like an invasion.
But if you don't watch them, one is ignorant of cultural references
re:Charlie Brown's basic simplicity; Frosty and magic, Rudolph's fair
weather friends and everyone's intrinsic value, etc.

From Thanksgiving (even earlier?) to Christmas, try keeping count of all the
shows, comercials and references to Christmas. It's too numerous to count.
Adelle

spodosaurus

Oct 22, 2004, 11:55:13 AM10/22/04

You know all those "No Fear" stickers that have been around for years? I
like the new ones that I've been seeing around: "Some fear"

Kitty Kelly

Nanny

Oct 22, 2004, 8:13:06 PM10/22/04
Favorite T-shirt saying: I am Woman, I am Invincible, I am tired; Favorite
Christmas movie: Family Christmas, with Chevy Chase; Favorite bumper
sticker: "As long as you're this close, why don't you just get out and
introduce yourself!" (on rear bumper) Nanny
"Adelle D. Stavis, Esq." <adcs...@comcast.net> wrote in message

kenneth pounders

Oct 22, 2004, 9:02:15 PM10/22/04

This reminds me of a sticker I saw on the wall of a bar one time. It
said "BEER, Helping white people dance since 1852." Hell, after 12 or
fifteen beers I still couldn't dance. I couldn't even walk.

~Kenny

Gwen Love

Oct 22, 2004, 10:48:33 PM10/22/04
Nanny, I love that bumper sticker!
Gwen

"Nanny" <dorl...@tds.net> wrote in message

Di

Oct 23, 2004, 12:27:03 AM10/23/04
spodosaurus posted...

> > Dead center between the rear tail lights was a lime green bumper sticker
> > with big red letters that said:
> >
> > Jesus Is Coming!
> > And Is He Pissed!

And this similar one:

God is coming!
And is she pissed!

--
Di
dabell at optonline dot net

"Terrorism is the war of the poor.
War is the terrorism of the rich."
Peter Ustinov

Ann

Oct 23, 2004, 12:25:11 PM10/23/04
My favorite was on an old beat up car:
"Don't laugh lady, your daughter may be in here"

Another one is a parody of the My child is a (name of school) honor
student: "My kid is a junior high school drop out".

"Ditch the cell phone and get out of my exhaust pipe".

"This car made it half way up Mt. Washington"

"WWJD? He didn't have a cell phone"

Ann

Nanny

Oct 23, 2004, 11:33:41 PM10/23/04
Gwen, I got the same kick out of it when I first saw it! Nanny
"Gwen Love" <cgl...@knology.net> wrote in message

Nanny

Oct 23, 2004, 11:35:59 PM10/23/04
Ann, you triggered my memory of another bumper sticker I chuckled about. I
was really getting rather tired of seeing so many bumper stickers with "My
daughter/son is an honor student at (school)". One day, I saw this and
loved it: "My child beat up your honor student" ;-) Nanny
"Ann" <ANN...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Ifish2b

Oct 24, 2004, 5:43:30 PM10/24/04
T-Shirts, there are so many. Here are a few from my collection:
I fish therefore I am
Freud would have a field day.
On a clear night, I can hear the fish laughing.
Yo fish, bite me.
Old age hasn't slowed me down, I was always this slow.
Is it time for your medications or mine?
Men of quality prefer women of equality.

Bumper Stickers:
I saw one once that said, "If you get any closer I'll flip a booger on you."

Movies: I don't really have a favorite but I tend to like the classics better.

Sarah L

"Friends are those people who know the words to the song in your heart and sing
them back to you when you have forgotten the words." (unattributed)

Char

Oct 25, 2004, 1:39:18 PM10/25/04
>I fish therefore I am

How is your T shirt holding up, Sarah? Just let me know when you need a new
one.
Char

"Remember, I'm pulling for ya'. We're all in this together." Red Green

firechief

Oct 30, 2004, 1:35:12 AM10/30/04
Kitty Kelly wrote:

> T-shirt -

This IS my Halloween costume.

> Bumper stickers -

Having an affair?

Let us cater for you.

> Movies -

Miracle on 34th Street
White Christmas

firechief

Oct 30, 2004, 1:39:28 AM10/30/04
Ann wrote:

> Another one is a parody of the My child is a (name of school)
> honor student: "My kid is a junior high school drop out".

Reminded me of the "My child is a Reform School honor student."

firechief

Oct 30, 2004, 1:43:45 AM10/30/04
Adelle D. Stavis, Esq. wrote:

> From Thanksgiving (even earlier?) to Christmas, try keeping count of all
the
> shows, comercials and references to Christmas. It's too numerous to count.

Mary and I spotted Christmas merchandise on sale in AUGUST this year.

We pledged that that chain store will NOT get a cent of our money at least
through the remainder of the year. We won't shop where they try to insult
our intelligence (same with certain TV ads).

Joan Carter

Oct 30, 2004, 11:07:25 AM10/30/04
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:43:45 -0700, "firechief" <fire...@jjfpd.gov> wrote in
alt.support.arthritis:

>Mary and I spotted Christmas merchandise on sale in AUGUST this year.

That just sucks. Why do so many holidays have to be so commercialized?

> We pledged that that chain store will NOT get a cent of our money at least
> through the remainder of the year. We won't shop where they try to insult
> our intelligence (same with certain TV ads).

Good for you. Alas, you will be in the minority who do that.

---
Joan