"Grey's Anatomy" Shows Pro-Lifers As Wild-Eyed Fanatics

Ubiquitous

Nov 4, 2022, 1:02:32 PM11/4/22
On Thursday, the pro-abortion TV drama “Grey’s Anatomy” ran a typically
heavy-handed piece in which pro-lifers were portrayed as crazed and out of
control .

A scene from the show depicted general surgeon Miranda Bailey, the former
Chief of Surgery at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, and Ob/Gyn Addison
Montgomery as they drove up to the hospital.

Using the conservative state of Idaho as a launching pad for the dialogue,
Bailey, who is driving, states, “Patients from Idaho have been flooding the
place ever since the state restricted abortion.”

As the two women approach the parking lot, where scores of screaming pro-
lifers await them, the voice-over states calmly, “The more experience we
have, the less likely we are to be thrown when we encounter complications. We
can shift gears more easily when it’s needed.”

The scene shows screaming protesters brandishing signs, then pounding on the
windows of the car while Montgomery breathes, “Whoa.”

As the two women exit the car to enter the clinic, one pro-life demonstrator
gets in Montgomery’s face and yells, “You’re stopping a beating heart. You’re
terminating life and you know it. You’re killing babies.”

As the two women pass by, the pro-lifer yells after them, “You’re a baby-
killer because abortion is murder. You took an oath to do no harm,” in a
reference to the Hippocratic oath.

ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" on Thursday portrayed pro-life protesters as
angry screamers who pound on cars, very scary. At least one was
allowed to yell about killing babies and "you took an oath to do no
harm!" Yes, that's right. pic.twitter.com/jSYhiJEDXx

— Tim Graham (@TimJGraham) November 4, 2022

As far back as 2019, “Grey’s Anatomy” released an episode in which a young
woman, Cassidy, in the first trimester of her pregnancy, falls down her
basement steps, then is chagrined to discover the baby survived the fall and
acknowledges she ate herbs to induce an abortion.

Arriving at the emergency room where she will have to have her spleen
removed, Cassidy speaks with Dr. Amelia Shepherd, who tells her that Dr. Owen
Hunt can ask an ob-gyn to perform an abortion while she’s having her spleen
removed. Hunt refuses, prompting this conversation, as Newsbusters reported:

Amelia: What are you doing?

Owen: You really overstepped in there. I’m a trauma surgeon. I don’t
order abortions.

Amelia: You would have if the fetus hadn’t survived.

Owen: But it did.

Amelia: Owen, she’s eight weeks. She doesn’t need a full d&c.

Owen: Exactly. It’s not emergent, but her internal injuries are.
So I’m gonna deal with those, and then she can go see an ob.

Amelia: She seems pretty clear in her thinking and committed to her
plan. Why not just give her the help she’s asking for?

Owen: Thank you, Amelia, for your consult.

But after the surgery, Amelia tells a nurse to give Cassidy two pills to
abort the baby that will terminate the pregnancy, which prompts this
conversation:

Owen: Amelia. You crossed a line.

Amelia: She needed help that you wouldn’t give her.

Owen: You don’t work here.

Amelia: Well, from what I’ve heard, most of the people who do lack
the skill and sensitivity that I have, so you could just say thank
you. Owen, did you really want to force that poor mom to bring
another human being onto the planet against her will, or did you
refuse her an abortion because I wanted to help her have one?

--
Let's go Brandon!