It's time for me to exit, stage right

Travoltron

Aug 1, 2019, 1:37:21 AM8/1/19
Is there a more active forum still in existence?
It's time for me to go and I need help with it.

%

Aug 1, 2019, 7:36:53 PM8/1/19
On 2019-07-31 10:37 p.m., Travoltron wrote:
> Is there a more active forum still in existence?
> It's time for me to go and I need help with it.

so you want someone to be an accessory in your death ,
where i live i can get 20 years for doing that ,
are you worth 20 years of my life

Tony

Aug 2, 2019, 6:45:03 PM8/2/19
Travoltron wrote:
> Is there a more active forum still in existence?
> It's time for me to go and I need help with it.

Are you a Paki? Today is Fryday.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Aug 2, 2019, 11:00:50 PM8/2/19
Don't worry about the assworm. He's mostly brain dead.
LOL

Queer

Aug 4, 2019, 6:35:01 AM8/4/19
On Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 1:37:21 AM UTC-4, Travoltron wrote:
> Is there a more active forum still in existence?
> It's time for me to go and I need help with it.

I tried to respond privately, but the settings wouldn't allow it. There aren't many forums active any more. And judging from the responses to your initial post from people who are notoriously disrespectful, if there were any, all it would turn into would be an insult party.

Travoltron

Aug 10, 2019, 3:21:33 PM8/10/19
On 8/4/2019 3:35 AM, Queer wrote:

> I tried to respond privately, but the settings wouldn't allow it. There aren't many forums active any more. And judging from the responses to your initial post from people who are notoriously disrespectful, if there were any, all it would turn into would be an insult party.

Thank you for your time and answering my question. I don't use my real
email address on Usenet for privacy reasons.
I'd hate to have suicide prevention be called on me. A bunch of
strangers lying to me about how I "have everything to live for" isn't my
idea of a good time.

Queer

Aug 20, 2019, 4:54:32 AM8/20/19
On Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 3:21:33 PM UTC-4, Travoltron wrote:
> On 8/4/2019 3:35 AM, Queer wrote:

I can fully understand! I have had that "You have everything to live for" line fed to me too many times. There just comes a time when you take a step back, look at life, and decide, "I don't need this anymore!" I too am at that stage, age-wise and life-wise.

If I may offer this: search out some of the groups dedicated to suicide that are not of the old UseNet format. There are several, including a few that are very much pro-suicide. Find one about thoughts. It has only one member, and he's quite open to discuss things, as he has posted his thoughts about ending his life on his terms. His reasons for wanting to kill himself are quite different but very justified. (He's giving it until sometime in late October for things to turn around.)

Travoltron

Sep 26, 2019, 8:52:53 PM9/26/19
On 8/20/2019 1:54 AM, Queer wrote:
> "I don't need this anymore!" I too am at that stage, age-wise and life-wise.

Assisted suicide is legal in my state, but I don't qualify. I think only
people with six months to live qualify.

I'm wondering if there's any way to amend these laws and make these
qualifications not so strict? My idea is that anyone over 30 should be
eligible. I think by that age a person is mature and probably has a good
grasp of if their life is going anywhere or not.

In my case, I have a lot of chronic health problems that restrict me
from ever achieving any of my hopes and dreams. I live on disability and
really I'm just a drain on society, and I hate people like that.
Message has been deleted

Queer

Oct 5, 2019, 6:16:24 AM10/5/19
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 8:52:53 PM UTC-4, Travoltron wrote:

Assisted suicide is also legal where I live, but, as you said about your state, the person has to be at a stage of life where their pain will only get worse, and that there is no hope for any recovery. Does that mean that, with my suffering from the ever-increasing onset of osteoporosis that is causing more and more unbearable pain in my neck (largely due to several serious injuries I suffered to my neck when I was in my teens and into my late twenties resulting in me having to wear a hard cervical collar for several years), I qualify for having someone legally assist me to commit suicide?

However, the idea of allowing for assisted suicide for people suffering mental illness has recently surfaced. This is where I got seriously interested in the debate. Over the years, I have suffered from crippling depression. It comes and goes. When it comes, I am suicidal, and have made attempts to terminate my life during on of these bouts, actions that only intensify the pain generated by my osteoporosis. Because of my history (I attempted suicide twice in my teens to where I required long term hospitalization, and a third time in my late twenties that left me with some serious neurological damage, plus "several" attempts in recent years that put me in counselling), whenever I enter into one of those dark periods, I get put on suicide watch, not voluntarily. I have had friends (successfully) commit suicide when they were hit with a bout of depression. If I'm in one of my 'bouts', should I not be allowed to terminate my life? And taking it further, in a way I choose? I ask this especially at my advanced age (I'm a senior).

KWills

Nov 12, 2020, 10:52:34 AM11/12/20
In article <cdsijm.s...@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com
% says...

> On 2019-07-31 10:37 p.m., Travoltron wrote:
> > Is there a more active forum still in existence?
> > It's time for me to go and I need help with it.
>

> so you want someone to be an accessory in your death

That never stopped you before.

Tony

Nov 14, 2020, 9:14:44 AM11/14/20
Right is better than wrong. I happen to be sixtyplus and I hope they
have a seniors' Olympics. I'm too old to compete in the real Olympics.

FeminismIsCancer

Dec 2, 2020, 11:17:35 AM12/2/20
KWills <kwi...@kent.wills.invalid> wrote:
> In article <cdsijm.s...@news.alt.net>, per...@gmail.com
> % says...
>>
>> On 2019-07-31 10:37 p.m., Travoltron wrote:
>>> Is there a more active forum still in existence?
>>> It's time for me to go and I need help with it.

sanctionedsuicide.com
styro.su

Those are the current go to places.