Weak gutless blue state Manhattan E.R. doctor on coronavirus front lines kills herself

Leroy N. Soetoro

Apr 28, 2020, 3:49:52 PM4/28/20
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-20200427-
mkqjksodjzdt7lkonk32pvv47i-story.html#rt=chartbeat-flt

A prominent Manhattan emergency room doctor who had treated a staggering
number of coronavirus patients killed herself in Virginia, authorities
said Monday.

Dr. Lorna Breen, 49, the medical director of NewYork-Presbyterian Allen
Hospital’s emergency department, died by suicide in Charlottesville, a
spokesman for the local police department told the Daily News.

Spokesman Tyler Hawn said police responded to a call Sunday seeking
medical help, and Breen was rushed to UVA Health System University
Hospital but succumbed to self-inflicted injuries.

"She gave what she had, and she’s a casualty of the war in the trenches,
as far as I’m concerned,” her father, Dr. Philip Breen, told The News.
“She’s a true hero.”

Breen’s father said the crush of coronavirus cases his daughter handled
was overwhelming, and that she herself became ill with COVID-19, though
she went back to work after a week and a half. She had no history of
depression, he said.

"She was a very outgoing, very energetic person who, I don’t know what
snapped, but something blew up in her, and so she ended up taking her own
life,” he said. “She just ran out of emotional gas.”

He said his daughter traveled to Charlottesville to stay with her sister
after the hospital sent her home a second time.

"She stayed home about a week and a half, but I think she felt guilty
about not being at work,” her father said. “The last time I talked to her
was before she went in for her 12-hour shift that she couldn’t finish.”

“Just before she went back, she said that the ambulance had been waiting
outside the building for over three hours with sick people. They couldn’t
even get the people out of the ambulances in there,” he added.

On Monday, Columbia University Irving Medical Center and New York-
Presbyterian hailed her tireless devotion to her work.

“Dr. Breen is a hero who brought the highest ideals of medicine to the
challenging front lines of the emergency department," the statement said.
“Words cannot convey the sense of loss we feel today."

The statement added the hospital would focus on providing "support to her
family, friends, and colleagues as they cope with this news during what is
already an extraordinarily difficult time.”

The Charlottesville Police Department also extended its condolences.

“Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) can reduce the likelihood of being
infected, but what they cannot protect heroes like Dr. Lorna Breen or our
first responders against is the emotional and mental devastation caused by
this disease,” Charlottesville Police Chief RaShall Brackney said.

Breen, a devout Christian who was one of four siblings, traveled the world
to give lectures on emergency medicine, and to hike and snowboard, her
grieving father recalled.

“She was a salsa dancer and she played the cello,” he said. “She was
working on her master’s degree in business administration also.”

Breen loved New York City, he said. “I sort of hope that when this is
over, there may be a wall of heroes in New York someplace. She should have
her plaque on there . She gave it all for her city."

The doctor’s death comes in the wake of the suicide of another front-line
worker — EMT John Mondello, 23, who took his own life with a gun that
belonged to his retired NYPD cop father. His body was found by the
shoreline in Astoria, just a few paces from Astoria Park, on Friday night.
He died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police
said.

For those contemplating suicide, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
is reachable 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255. They can also call 311 or 911 for
help.

New York City has several resources for depressed and suicidal people. NYC
Well — the city’s free and confidential hotline — offers mental or
substance abuse help 24 hours a day over the phone, through its online
chat or via text.

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."

Queer

May 1, 2020, 6:56:05 AM5/1/20
In all my years, I have come to the conclusion that people who identify as being right-leaning conservatives tend to be lower in intelligence, and even lower when it comes to morals, ethics, and compassion, the later which you can never accuse any conservative of having. You, Mr. Soetoro, fit that description. Please slither back under the rock you came out from under, and take that deranged POTUS with you.

tenfold9

May 2, 2020, 9:31:49 PM5/2/20
On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 6:56:05 AM UTC-4, Queer wrote:
> In all my years, I have come to the conclusion that people who identify as being right-leaning conservatives tend to be lower in intelligence, and even lower when it comes to morals, ethics, and compassion, the later which you can never accuse any conservative of having. You, Mr. Soetoro, fit that description. Please slither back under the rock you came out from under, and take that deranged POTUS with you.
>
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 3:49:52 PM UTC-4, That vile, repulsive, sick conservative bastard Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:

Seriously, what is it with this forum being used to push conservative agendas?

Queer

May 3, 2020, 6:39:45 AM5/3/20
That was the point of my response to Mr. Soetoro. He is frequently posting commentary about someone committing suicide or being involved in someone's suicide, and he twists it to degrade the victim who committed suicide. In this case, he degraded Dr. Breen, which was a horrible thing to do, especially now during this pandemic. Who really knows what was going through her mind that pushed her to take her own life. I for one can sympathize with her. This is something people like Mr. Soetoro haven't the slightest clue about. I've been up against people like him many times in my life. They take pleasure in degrading people who successfully commit suicide, and especially, they take pleasure in degrading people who tried to end their lives and failed. They have no understanding, nor do they have an ounce of compassion within them. This is where my comment about his political leaning came in. I have found people like him tend to be conservative and Christian, and Christians are supposed to have compassion for their fellow person. rarely are there any that do. That was my point.