Mohammed was a Prophet, but was he an avatar type?

David Dalton

Oct 26, 2019, 1:47:37 AM10/26/19
In the "Parallels in various world religions” subsection of my
Salmon on the Thorns webpage I still have section on
Islam, claiming that Mohammad was an avatar type
similar to Jesus, Moses, Krishna, Rama, Buddha, and me.

However I have come to doubt that since Mohammed is
said to have received the Koran through revelation,
was married young, spread his religion by the sword,
and married a very young girl.

But the waning crescent on mosques and flags, and
the fact that he had his major call/burst of creativity
beginning at age 40, was some evidence for his being
an avatar type.

Is there any evidence that he had waning crescent highs,
waxing gibbous moon trials, did a sun stare, did a
naked thorn hill climb, and/or had a blue rose vision?
If so he would be an avatar/buddha/messiah/christ
type. If not, which I suspect is the case, he is still
a very important Prophet/guru/missionary/founder type.

I claim to be the latest avatar type, and partly due to the
extent of the Internet claim to have a global religion.
However I am not going to found a religion, but want
to provide glue for the global mosaic or religions+atheism.
Certainly I am not claiming to be a Prophet of Islam,
Mohammad was the last Prophet of Islam.

Also was the original Aladdin an Arabic pagan avatar type?
I ask since his magic lamp might represent the waning
crescent moon. Also I don’t know if the genie is usually
depicted blue (as in the animated movie) but if so it
may be related to the blue rose vision.

Also has there been at least one Sufi avatar type? By
avatar type I mean similar to those who have been
called avatars, but I am not actually claiming to be
an incarnation of a deity.

I welcome constructive criticism of
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/islam.html
and would use it to edit it later, acknowledging any
sources unless they want to remain anonymous.
But I might end up having to retract the section, which
I haven’t touched in probably 20 years.

If you have access to any high level religious leader, feel
free to pass this on to him or her, since he or she might
be able to verify my claims. If nothing else, he or she
might be amused.

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“‘Gold and silver they placed/At your feet, my dear/

David Dalton

Oct 26, 2019, 2:13:03 AM10/26/19
On Oct 26, 2019, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2364157616...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> In the "Parallels in various world religions” subsection of my
> Salmon on the Thorns webpage I still have section on

a section

> Islam, claiming that Mohammad was an avatar type
> similar to Jesus, Moses, Krishna, Rama, Buddha, and me.
>
> However I have come to doubt that since Mohammed is
> said to have received the Koran through revelation,
> was married young, spread his religion by the sword,
> and married a very young girl.
>
> But the waning crescent on mosques and flags, and
> the fact that he had his major call/burst of creativity
> beginning at age 40, was some evidence for his being
> an avatar type.
>
> Is there any evidence that he had waning crescent highs,
> waxing gibbous moon trials, did a sun stare, did a
> naked thorn hill climb, and/or had a blue rose vision?
> If so he would be an avatar/buddha/messiah/christ
> type. If not, which I suspect is the case, he is still
> a very important Prophet/guru/missionary/founder type.
>
> I claim to be the latest avatar type, and partly due to the
> extent of the Internet claim to have a global religion.

global region, not religion

> However I am not going to found a religion, but want
> to provide glue for the global mosaic or religions+atheism.

of, not or