Re: Contradiction in Islamic Philosophy and Mysticism: The Logic and Religion Webinar

David Dalton

Aug 18, 2023, 9:20:01 PM8/18/23
On Aug 16, 2023, Francisco de Assis Mariano wrote on alt.religion.islam
(in article<2fead178-e9d8-4ccb...@googlegroups.com>):

> Dear Colleague,
>
> You are invited to participate in the next session of the Logic and Religion
> Webinar Series which will be held on August 17, 2023, at 4pm CET with the
> topic:
>
> Contradiction in Islamic Philosophy and Mysticism
> Speaker: Mohammad Jafar Jame Bozorgi (Iranian Institute of Philosophy, Iran)
> Chair: Ali Sadegh Daghighi (Iranian Institute of Philosophy, Iran)
>
> Please check the link to register and receive a zoom link:
> https://www.logicandreligion.com/webinars
>
> Abstract: In their works, Graham Priest and Richard Routley try to show a
> kind of refusal to deny the contradiction and even display the truth of some
> of them. According to them, dialetheism is a reaction against philosophical
> systems whose goal has always been to build impenetrable and rigid forms and
> frameworks. But what is the opinion of Islamic philosophy? In Islamic
> philosophy and mysticism, especially in Ibn Arabi's mysticism and Mulla
> Sadra's philosophy, there are doctrines and theories that have caused some
> philosophers to suspect that they are contradictory. In this lecture, I will
> show that theories such as the Unity of Existence, the Plurality of Divine
> Names and Attributes, the Ontological Foundation of Existence, the
> Substantive Movement, etc., do not correspond to dialetheism. Although Mulla
> Sadra's theory of the Substantive Movement denies any fixed nature for the
> object, there is a great difference between the negation of the quiddity and
> the denial of the originality of the quiddity.
>
> .
>
> Join us 5 minutes prior to the beginning of the session!
>
> With best wishes,

Is a recording of the session available online?

"This could be the final breath; This is life and death;
This is hard rock and water; Out here between wind and flame;
Between tears and elation; Lies a secret nation" (Ron Hynes)