Joy Behar Suggests Americans Who Are Worried About Inflation Are Stupid

Ubiquitous

Nov 4, 2022, 7:20:30 AM11/4/22
Joy Behar lashed out at Americans worried about inflation on Thursday,
suggesting that they were stupid if they were more worried about
inflation than they were about the state of democracy in the United
States.

Behar and her cohosts spent the opening moments of ABC's midday talk
show "The View" complaining about the fact that Republican messaging
regarding inflation and economic issues appeared to be resonating with
voters who were struggling to fill their gas tanks and put food on the
table.

WATCH:

Joy Behar calls Americans stupid because they're worried about
inflation and not democracy.
"Inflation fluctuates. Democracy does not. We need to know that," she
whines. "As I always say, inflation fluctuates. Democracy does not. We
need to know that." pic.twitter.com/oprnOF7uIk

- Nicholas Fondacaro (@NickFondacaro) November 3, 2022

"GOP candidates' big messages are blaming Biden for inflation and that
Democrats are soft on crime," Goldberg began. "Who knows what's
resonating now? I'm so confused by everything that I'm seeing because
you would think - there used to be a way to stamp out the lie, but I
guess lying's the new `in.'"

Joy Behar added her two cents next, arguing that Biden was only failing
to resonate with voters because he was "trying to appeal" to their
intelligence rather than their emotions.

"What Biden is trying to do, is he's trying to appeal to the
intelligence of the American voter - by saying, yes, there are
problems, we have inflation. By the way, you want to live in a
dictatorship, go to Hungary, where it's 20% inflation over there,"
Behar argued, suggesting that Republicans were looking at Hungary - a
nation that depends on Russia for over 75% of its oil supply - as an
example. "You know, they had this guy Victor Orban speak at CPAC one
time and Tucker Carter - Carlson, whatever his name is - he's a fan of
this dictator."

"This is what we can look forward to with all these Republicans in
office, and I think he's trying to point that out," Behar continued,
going on to explain why people should be more worried about the state
of democracy than immediate concerns like the ability to heat a home or
feed a family.

"As I always say, inflation fluctuates. Democracy does not. And so, we
need to know that. I don't want to make a speech, I'm just saying, I
feel like people are not comprehending the seriousness of what is going
on," she concluded.

--
Let's go Brandon!