"They Don’t Have As Good Of A Chance": Kim Kardashian Explains One Reason She's Studying Law

Ubiquitous

Sep 11, 2022, 5:07:49 AM9/11/22
Kim Kardashian said that one of the reasons she decided to study law
was because if her kids "were to get arrested," they wouldn't have as
good of a chance as herself or Chelsea Clinton.

During the 41-year-old reality TV star's appearance on Hillary and
Chelsea Clinton's Apple TV+ series "Gutsy," "The Kardashians" star
talked about her and ex-husband Kanye West's four children and admitted
they are the reason she has fought so hard to become a lawyer,
Insider.com reported.

"My kids were there every time I opened my results," Kardashian shared,
referencing the results from her taking the "baby bar" law exam. She
finally passed in December of 2021, after she failed it three times
earlier, the outlet noted.

"They saw me cry the best tears of happiness that like, I did it," the
reality star explained. "I mean, that is one of the reasons that I just
fight so hard. Because my kids, if they were to get arrested, just
don't have as good of a chance if I were to get arrested, if you were
to get arrested."

"Or my kids," Chelsea replied. "My white kids."

What does it truly mean to be #Gutsy? @HillaryClinton and
@ChelseaClinton search for the answer in their new docuseries
featuring @theestallion @GloriaSteinem @Mariska @KimKardashian
@WandaSykes @AmySchumer and many more trailblazing women.
Streaming now on @AppleTVPlus. pic.twitter.com/AaOebKIe86

- Picture Motion (@Picture_Motion) September 9, 2022

In 2017, the "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" star told Interview
magazine that she's "very conscious" of the fact that she's raising a
biracial girl, noting only her and West's daughter, North, who at the
time was 4 years old.

Since that article, West and Kardashian share three other children,
Saint, 6, Chicago, 4, and Psalm, 3.

In 2020, the fashion mogul told CR Fashion Book that "raising four
Black kids in this society" was why she was pursuing a law career, per
People magazine.

"I'm raising four black kids in this society and our system is so
discriminatory against black and brown people," Kim shared at the time.
"I want to do as much as I can to make their lives easier . I never
knew much about the system until I started to dig in, and once I
learned and saw how many things were wrong, I really couldn't stop."

In 2021, Kim and West's divorce became official after nearly seven
years of marriage. In November that year, she reportedly started dating
"Saturday Night Live" star Pete Davidson, E! News noted. Despite all
reports, the reality star and Davidson didn't make things official that
they were in a relationship until March 2022. The two called things off
last month.

--
Let's go Brandon!