Really, Really Dumb

1 view

Richard Resnick

Aug 18, 1992, 12:13:00 PM8/18/92
Just saw this .signature, and thought that this would be the right newsgroup
to share it with:

"Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas."

Enjoy.

James Cherry

Aug 18, 1992, 1:18:57 PM8/18/92

For those of you stoopid folks out there who don't know, this is a
quotation from Groucho Marx. The exact wording, I believe, was

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

But thanks for MISCONSTRUING the quote, Richard! What the HELL! How DARE
you post this kind of DRIVEL on this NEWSGROUP and INTENTIONALLY MISLEAD
the STOOPID readers of this GROUP! That's IT! Your SYSADMIN is going to
HEAR about this PERSONALLY from ME by EMAIL! You'll be able to say GOODBYE
to ALL UNIX PRIVILEGES for the REST of your LIFE! HA, HA!

--
James A. Cherry Bell Northern Research Inc.
"Can't you little sheep think for yourselves?!" - The Hipster (613)763-3019

Richard Resnick

Aug 18, 1992, 3:20:40 PM8/18/92
The keyword here is DUMB. very very very DUMB. Stooooopid, if you ask me.

Aaron Humphrey

Aug 18, 1992, 6:46:41 PM8/18/92

:
: "Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas."
:
: Enjoy.

Banana rot13'd is Onanan. Which means that Bananas are impure, for they suffer
from the sin of Onan.

Death to bananas!

--
---Alfvaen(a.k.a. Nysinra, rot13 Psycho)
"So you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts

Nosy

Aug 21, 1992, 4:31:48 PM8/21/92
<In article <1992Aug18....@nic.umass.edu> s753...@titan.ucc.umass.edu (Richard Resnick) writes:

<Just saw this .signature,

What .signature? The one on my check (cheque for the
commonwealthally challenged) or what?

<and thought that this would be the right newsgroup
<to share it with:

No, it is not the right newgroup to share it with.
The right newsgroup to share it with would be
alt.womble.chestnut.notlob.tango

Thank you for your perspiration.

David Bennett

Aug 23, 1992, 1:34:33 AM8/23/92
ata...@nmsu.edu (Nosy) writes:
> No, it is not the right newgroup to share it with.
> The right newsgroup to share it with would be
> alt.womble.chestnut.notlob.tango

No! Its alt.womble.blue.and.green.and.not.puce

David.
[DDT] Pink fish forever.
--
David Bennett, gu...@uniwa.uwa.oz.au | University Computer Club
Where Pink fish swim backwards. | c/o Guild of Undergraduates

.GJEST

Aug 27, 1992, 3:54:06 PM8/27/92
In article <1992Aug24...@cc.curtin.edu.au> rswi...@cc.curtin.edu.au (Rod Swift) writes:

>In article <1992Aug23.0...@uniwa.uwa.edu.au>, gu...@uniwa.uwa.edu.au (David Bennett) writes:
>> ata...@nmsu.edu (Nosy) writes:
>>> No, it is not the right newgroup to share it with.
>>> The right newsgroup to share it with would be
>>> alt.womble.chestnut.notlob.tango
>>
>> No! Its alt.womble.blue.and.green.and.not.puce

>NOT!

>It's alt.womble.wimbledon.tennis.culture.blue.and.green.and.not.vomit

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!

The First guy was leFt.

------GH------

Michael P. Anderson

Aug 28, 1992, 6:56:43 PM8/28/92
Hey, I've got a good one.

We have this SPARCprinter, OK? I guess someone as Sun said, "Wait a minute,
people are going to need to print stuff; why don't WE make a printer too!?
Yeah, and then let's write some really STUPID software to go with it!! We'll
call it NeWSprint, and alternate the cases so our marketing people will
get all excited!!!"

So anyway, we accidently bought one of these stupid things, and occasionally
it runs out of paper. Now get this. The user will invariably come over to
the printer, notice that it has a "C" lit up on the front (whatever the hell
that's supposed to mean), and fill it with paper. The first sheet to come
out says:

NeWSprint 1.0 fcs

Openwin 2

NeWSprint interpreter version 2.1

%%[ PrinterError:out of media (paper)]%%
%%[ PrinterError:tray not (properly) installed]%%
%%[ status: busy; source: /var/spool/lpd/sunps/socket ]%%

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yeah, there's probably some way to disable this, but we have so
much fun at Sun's expense everytime this stupid printer runs out of
paper that we have no intention of disabling it.

Thank you Sun. You made our year!!

JsNO BAR---NUNN

Aug 31, 1992, 9:26:41 AM8/31/92
So true :) :) ;)....I wonder what happens at those SUN R&D project proposal
seminars. They probably have a policy:

"All those little poeple out there are like Computers, therefore they need
information punched into them, not once but a number of times"

That's what I hate (and a really mean this) about Macintosh's. The interface
and the line of questioning sends me to sleep. The bloody thing's then catch you
off guard and delete all your work. Thats when the fist goes through the
screen *crack*. I hate Mac's...They are such stupid little things. Someone
once said that the manufactors would have to lower the price of them to
that of a 4 function calculator in order to sell them at the same rate as PC's.
That's probably because they are. I even bet they take PI as 3.

GET SET TAX DODGERS (and perspective COBOL freaks)...it's JsNO BAR----NUNN
DARWIN, NT
Physican's on the side of compiler boxes say that COBOL reduces your
fitness. Sociologist's will tell you that it's responsible for 22% of public
service deaths. Historians will tell you that it caused the fall of the
British Empire. Politicians will tell you that it creates negative growth
in the economy and Acid addicts will tell you that COBOL gives you a bad trip.
Did you know that Managers have caught programmers peeing
on their disk packs when there COBOL program's didn't work. So here's some
advice from a COBOL programmer:
Man is not a SELECT INPUT-FILE ASSIGN TO "INPUT.TXT": Stay away from COBOL!.
nu...@pandanus.cs.ntu.edu.au