Ocasio-Cortez On Having "Faked" Being In Handcuffs: It's A Republican "Conspiracy Theory"

Ubiquitous

Jul 21, 2022, 1:00:48 PM7/21/22
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed that video this week showing her
appearing to pretend she was handcuffed by police was really a Republican
conspiracy theory designed to “distract” people from paying attention to the
Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Ocasio-Cortez was one of 17 Democrat lawmakers who were arrested Tuesday for
blocking traffic near the U.S. Supreme Court during a pro-abortion protest.
In a video posted to her Instagram account where she responded to questions,
AOC answered the following question: “Can you even believe they’re saying you
‘faked’ handcuffs?! Did they not see the fist pump?”

“Republican’s favorite hobby is to make conspiracy theories out of everything
to distract you and keep you from talking about what actually important which
is the fact that they are trying to take away your right to bodily autonomy,”
she said. “If I was faking that, why would I intentionally fist pump
somebody? It’s so silly.”

WATCH:

Now AOC is saying that the fact that she was faking being handcuffed
is a “conspiracy theory”

pic.twitter.com/zwAX4i2tnZ

— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 20, 2022

During another point on Instagram, Ocasio-Cortez responded to those who were
mocking her when she answered a post that stated in part: “Why the publicity
stunt with acting like you’re being arrested? It’s just foolish and makes you
look silly … acting like you’re cuffed and like you’re some sort of hero was
just too much for me.”

Ocasio-Cortez claimed that what she did was not a “publicity stunt … for a
headline” because it was “an activist-led civil disobedience” event.

“So why join disobedience at all?” she said. “Because media cycles go FAST
and the attention and urgency on Roe can easily fade. We must keep eyes on
the issue. Civil disobedience is a highly effective way of accomplishing
that, and it is a trained discipline.”

“If I didn’t or refused to participate in an activist request, people also
would have burned me for that too,” she continued. “They have in the past. I
understand and accept that I operate in an environment that will not cast my
actions in a positive light almost no matter what & from all angles. If I’m
not there, people criticize, if I am there they still do. So I’m just going
to do me. I accept being branded as ‘too much’ in a misogynistic late stage
capitalist society that is totally insufficient for the present moment and
propagandizes its people to tear down any who challenge it.”

She noted that she was “arrested, charged, and fined,” but then claimed that
holding her hands together behind her back “is a best practice when under
arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you prevent
more serious charges like resisting arrest.”

AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
Court — then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs

CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj

— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 19, 2022

--
Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

Jul 21, 2022, 2:48:20 PM7/21/22
You apparently misspelled “lied“

then claimed that
> holding her hands together behind her back “is a best practice when under
> arrest, whether you are handcuffed or not, because it can help you prevent
> more serious charges like resisting arrest.”

It would in fact be an excellent way to get yourself shot. Keep doing it,
AOC!

> AOC PRETENDS to be *handcuffed* in fake arrest protesting Supreme
> Court — then raises her fist, breaking her fake handcuffs
>
> CLOWN WORLD LOL pic.twitter.com/nlvrDHV2Tj
>
> — Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) July 19, 2022
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Rhino

Jul 21, 2022, 5:33:44 PM7/21/22
I haven't seen any video of this incident and am responding strictly to
the article: how can someone do a fist bump when their hands are
handcuffed behind their backs? That would seem impossible to me based on
my understanding of human anatomy.

--
Rhino

BTR1701

Jul 21, 2022, 6:04:52 PM7/21/22
On Jul 21, 2022 at 10:00:45 AM PDT, "Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claimed that video this week showing her
>
> appearing to pretend she was handcuffed by police was really a Republican
> conspiracy theory designed to “distract” people from paying attention to the
> Supreme Court’s overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Nah, don't be modest, She Guevara, it's because they really just want to date
you, right?

moviePig

Jul 21, 2022, 11:07:35 PM7/21/22
Is there some reason, other than Manifest Destiny, that leads you to
conclude that her thorough, responsive explanation is implausible?

BTR1701

Jul 22, 2022, 1:10:52 AM7/22/22
In article <VvoCK.590175$5fVf....@fx09.iad>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> Is there some reason, other than Manifest Destiny, that leads you to
> conclude that her thorough, responsive explanation is implausible?

Her history of deceptive, disingenuous performative stunts for the media.

trotsky

Jul 22, 2022, 1:51:32 AM7/22/22
His excessive stupidity might have something to do with it.

trotsky

Jul 22, 2022, 1:56:10 AM7/22/22
Are you making fun of his being an anonyshit too?

trotsky

Jul 22, 2022, 5:27:06 AM7/22/22
Sure, now tell us about Boebert and her part in the insurrection, eunuch.

Ubiquitous

Jul 22, 2022, 7:38:25 AM7/22/22
America's Cutest Communist either forgot she was sppsd to be handcuffed or
couldn't resist waving to her fans.

moviePig

Jul 22, 2022, 10:18:03 AM7/22/22
...to which 'history' this baseless assumption will doubtless be added.