Cubasis 3.7R2, 2.0, VST Project (32)? help!!

mc

Mar 30, 2001, 11:43:57 PM3/30/01
I can NOT figure out what is the latest Cubasis. The demo is Cubasis VST
3.7R2. The site has Cubasis 2.0 (with different "box"). Then there is
Cubasis VST Project pak with?? ? version.

Is 2.0 the latest? Whats the difference / improvements? Is 3.7 upgradeable
to 2.0 (weird numbering). What is the project pak version?

HELP!!! Please!!

mc5...@core.com

Lina och Niall

Mar 31, 2001, 4:41:45 AM3/31/01

> I can NOT figure out what is the latest Cubasis. The demo is Cubasis VST
> 3.7R2. The site has Cubasis 2.0 (with different "box"). Then there is
> Cubasis VST Project pak with?? ? version.

Are you getting confused between Cubase VST and Cubasis VST? They are not
the same thing. Cubasis is (as far as I know) more or less a 'lite' version
of Cubase. Like you say, the latest version of Cubase advertised on
steinberg.net is V2.0

mc

Mar 31, 2001, 11:38:15 AM3/31/01
No. I just want to know what is the latest version of CUBASIS (and whats the
differences see below) so I dont buy an out of date copy.

The Steinberg site says 2.0 for Cubasis, but Im not sure if that is what
comes with the project pak. There is no "version" called out for the
project pak but the specs dont quite seem the same (midi tracks, audio
tracks).

The "demo" of Cubasis is 3.7R2. Ive seen Cubasis advertised and the pic of
the box is NOT the same as the 2.0 that they show on Steinbergs site. So I
am confused.....

Lina och Niall <lina.kvist...@student.lu.se> wrote in message

cannone

Mar 31, 2001, 8:50:51 AM3/31/01
At least I'm not the only one confused. I bought a Roland U-8 which came
with an OEM version of Cubasis (not Cubase). It also refers to it as 3.7. I
am interested in buying a full version of Cubasis, but am just as confused
about 2.0. What is going on in the version numbering?

Kevin Cannone
can...@iafrica.com

Lina och Niall

Mar 31, 2001, 11:13:57 AM3/31/01
> At least I'm not the only one confused. I bought a Roland U-8 which came
> with an OEM version of Cubasis (not Cubase). It also refers to it as 3.7.
> am interested in buying a full version of Cubasis, but am just as confused
> about 2.0. What is going on in the version numbering?

I know that Creative Labs SBLive platinum cards sometimes came with a
cut-down version of CUBASIS. It lacked some of the features of the full
Cubasis package. Perhaps this cut-down version uses the same numbering
system as CUBASE instead of CUBASIS, though I cannot imagine why they would
do this.
I would assume that the version 2.0 advertised on their site is the latest
update of the FULL CUBASIS and that there is nothing more up-to-date or
complete than this unless you move up to CUBASE VST. On the other hand, you
never know for sure with Steinberg

Matt Neighbour

Mar 31, 2001, 4:52:47 PM3/31/01
Hi,

I think the versioning is as follows:

The current public release (full version) of Cubase is Cubase VST 5 r3. The
PC version prior to this was Cubase VST 3.7 r something.

The current version of the VST system for plugin effects and instruments as
found in Cubase VST 5 r3 is VST 2.0. It is this version wich gives VST
instrument support (I think).

Anyway, the latest full-blown version of Cubase is Cubase VST 5r3.

hth

Matt

Lina och Niall

Apr 1, 2001, 5:18:29 AM4/1/01
> I think the versioning is as follows:
>
> The current public release (full version) of Cubase is Cubase VST 5 r3.
The
> PC version prior to this was Cubase VST 3.7 r something.
>
> The current version of the VST system for plugin effects and instruments
as
> found in Cubase VST 5 r3 is VST 2.0. It is this version wich gives VST
> instrument support (I think).

They are talking about CubaSIS, not CubaSE

Chris E

Apr 1, 2001, 3:27:33 AM4/1/01

Quite confusing, really, isn't it ?

Current VSTi is actually 2.1 ! (Patchname support etc etc etc)

Why not call Cubase, "Cubase" and Cubasis, "CELCFFWWTPMIAG" ?

Chris E

(Winning entry receives a week in St Mary's Asylum, Dublin, with
spending money )

mc

Apr 1, 2001, 11:39:16 PM4/1/01
Chris
Can you elaborate? Seems youre the only one to understand I mean CubaSIS.
What do you mean patchname support? Can I now put in patch names?

I take it 2.0 IS the latest?? (why it went from 3.7 --> 2.0 ??)
Do you know when "2.0" came out - is this fairly recent release?

Matt

Chris E <kbohome@*OUTAHERE*eircom.net> wrote in message

Lina och Niall

Apr 2, 2001, 4:57:30 AM4/2/01

> Chris
> Can you elaborate? Seems youre the only one to understand I mean CubaSIS.
> What do you mean patchname support? Can I now put in patch names?
>
> I take it 2.0 IS the latest?? (why it went from 3.7 --> 2.0 ??)
> Do you know when "2.0" came out - is this fairly recent release?

I think Chris is talking about the latest version of the VST plugin system,
not the latest version of Cubase or Cubasis. The patchname support he is
talking about refers to patchnames within VST Instrument Plugins

Or maybe I am confused more than before :)

It seems unlikely that there is a newer version of Cubasis available than
the one advertised on the Steinberg site, they drop the older versions
pretty quickly (try finding the 3.7R2 update for Cubase - you can find V5
stuff not problem but you have to really search around for 3.7 stuff). I
think it is also safe to assume that the V2.0 advertised is a full version,
not the cutdown version supplied with some cards. What exactly is it you
need to know? You just want to make sure that you are buying the most up to
date and complete version, or?

Chris E

Apr 2, 2001, 4:42:50 AM4/2/01
mc <mc5...@core.com> wrote:

> Chris
> Can you elaborate? Seems youre the only one to understand I mean CubaSIS.
> What do you mean patchname support? Can I now put in patch names?
>
> I take it 2.0 IS the latest?? (why it went from 3.7 --> 2.0 ??)
> Do you know when "2.0" came out - is this fairly recent release?
>
> Matt

I think that this is going to get unbelievably confusing if we don't
clarify our frame of reference here !

Current CUBASE (for the Mac, anyway) is 5.0

CUBASIS I know little or nothing about, other than that it is an
entry-level program with no audio-recording support (Really a kind of
latter-day PRO-24 type of thing)

The VSTi implementation is currently 2.1. This is simply the version
number of the interface between Cubase and its plugin instruments.
Version 2.0 did NOT support the provision of patchname scripts from
within Cubase (you had to use OMS on the Mac); version 2.1 does (or at
least it purports to; I'm having a prick of a time getting it to work !)

I am probably the LEAST qualified in this group to advise you, however,
Matt !

Chris E

mc

Apr 2, 2001, 11:25:58 PM4/2/01
Hi
Thanks! Yes - I just need to know what the latest ver is so I dont buy the
wrong one. It seems you are correct. I think the version 2.0 is the
latest.

Again I dont know WHY they went from 3.7R2 to 2.0 - I do remember hearing
that some of the 3.7 CDs were also called Cubasis VST 1.0 so that kinda
makes sense ;-)

Anyway - 2.0 should be the latest. I still wonder what is different from
3.7R2 to 2.0 though....
Ive heard that 2.0 runs on WIn2000, hopefully this means its not full of
bugs!!!

Matt

Lina och Niall <lina.kvist...@student.lu.se> wrote in message

Lina och Niall

Apr 3, 2001, 5:11:05 AM4/3/01
> I think that this is going to get unbelievably confusing if we don't
> clarify our frame of reference here !
>
> CUBASIS I know little or nothing about, other than that it is an
> entry-level program with no audio-recording support (Really a kind of
> latter-day PRO-24 type of thing)

Sorry, mate, but Cubasis does have support for Audio - up to 48 tracks,
according to the Steinberg site.

Chris E

Apr 3, 2001, 4:13:33 AM4/3/01
Lina och Niall <lina.kvist...@student.lu.se> wrote:

I stand corrected, humble and contrite.

Chris E
----------------------
... never eat yellow snow ..........
----------------------

Chris E

Apr 3, 2001, 4:12:06 AM4/3/01
Lina och Niall <lina.kvist...@student.lu.se> wrote:

I have the sneaky feeling that continuation of this thread
is going to drive one or more of us into the loony ward ......

marek...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2019, 10:23:32 AM11/18/19
Hi! I'm desperately looking for the cubase controller install software that comes with the Roland u-8 u8!
I have my u-8 functioning with XP on a laptop and am short of the u-8 tuner and u-8 controller applications to interface with cubase!

Please if you have the software please make a copy to transfer to drop box or google drive please!!

alternately a controller mapping import for u-8 on cubase plz.

Thank you most kindly!
Marek in pretoria