Cubase recording problem

1 view

Melita Jambrosic Ivsak

Mar 16, 2003, 6:04:50 PM3/16/03
I am new to recording music on computer and I don't know how to set Cubase
VST32 to record what I play on my keyboard. Hardware is OK (Terratec 88MT),
keyboard is Yamaha DGX-200, and midi is working properly (tested on
Sibelius). I don't have script patch for my keyboard.
Whatever I set for instruments, Cubase doesn't record a thing. Help!

Frank Evers

Mar 17, 2003, 10:03:54 AM3/17/03

"Melita Jambrosic Ivsak" <say...@hi.hinet.hr> schreef in bericht

Is your problem recording Midi or audio?
In midi, run setupmme.exe in the Cubaseforlder to see if your midi-in is
enabled.

When playing your keyboard, are the lights in the transportbar goďng on and
off?

Are you able to playback a midifile through your EWS on your keyboard?

Frank

Melita Jambrosic Ivsak

Mar 19, 2003, 12:21:07 PM3/19/03
My problem is midi, but I havent try audio yet.
I did set up setupmme.exe and midi in is enabled.
When I play keyboard the lights in the transportbar are going on and off.
And yes, I can play various midi files through my EWS on my keyboard.

All that is ok, but I can't record what I play on my keyboard. I don't have
patch script for my keyboard, but I think that that should work anyway by
using general midi instruments.

Melita

"Frank Evers" <f.eversR...@home.nl> wrote in message

> "Melita Jambrosic Ivsak" <say...@hi.hinet.hr> schreef in bericht
> > I am new to recording music on computer and I don't know how to set
Cubase
> > VST32 to record what I play on my keyboard. Hardware is OK (Terratec
> 88MT),
> > keyboard is Yamaha DGX-200, and midi is working properly (tested on
> > Sibelius). I don't have script patch for my keyboard.
> > Whatever I set for instruments, Cubase doesn't record a thing. Help!
>
> Is your problem recording Midi or audio?
> In midi, run setupmme.exe in the Cubaseforlder to see if your midi-in is
> enabled.
>

> When playing your keyboard, are the lights in the transportbar goïng on

Frank Evers

Mar 19, 2003, 1:40:53 PM3/19/03

> My problem is midi, but I havent try audio yet.
> I did set up setupmme.exe and midi in is enabled.
> When I play keyboard the lights in the transportbar are going on and off.
> And yes, I can play various midi files through my EWS on my keyboard.
>
> All that is ok, but I can't record what I play on my keyboard.

You don't need a patch script for recording. Be shure the left locator is
*before* the right locator; recording only happens from the left locator, or
by pressing the recordbutton during play.
When you press the record-button, is it lighting up indicating that Cubase
is recording?
If so, after recording, is there a part created? Open it and see if there
are some recorded events.
Eventually look in the midi-filter-section if recording of some events is
disabled (probably not).
Are you recording midi on a midi-track (sorry for asking this very basical
questions)

Your midi-setup is working, otherwise the indicators on the transportbar
would not blink.

Frank