Roland U-8 And Cubase

Hugh Hyndman

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
So, this thing looks just like what I've been looking for, but I've a few
questions for anyone whose used it with Cubase

- the U8 does the audio recording not your sound card, yes?
- Can you continue to use an existing soundcard (SBLive) with Cubase and
other applications (i.e. I wouldn't want to have to use the U8 for sounds in
games)
- So you get a cut down version of Cubasis, can you use full Cubase VST?
- If using the full version of Cubase what what features of the U8 do you
lose?
- Does Steinberg have plans to support the U8 in future releases of Cubase?

Thanks

Hugh

richguy

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
from what i can see the u8 does the recording and midi so in
cubase it apears as another audio card and midi ports
yes you can keep your sound card and set it up for games and or
aditional audio/midi ports in cubase.
you will loose the control surface ie realtime faders and
control from the u8 in cubase but it will still work as an
interface
i have the ua 100 interface runing in cubase with no problems
and have even disabled the built in sound card on my motherboard
so all sound and midi is handled by the usb device.
i have not used th u8 but it seems to be similar to the ua 100
with the adition of the control surface
rich

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

marek...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2019, 5:20:48 PM11/17/19
PLease if anyone has roland u-8 u8 install files for controller and tuner to work with cubase ! please let me know!
Marek

marek...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2019, 5:21:05 PM11/17/19

marek...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2019, 10:11:39 AM11/18/19
HI I'm desperately looking for the cubase controller install software that comes with the Roland u-8 u8!
I have my u-8 functioning with XP on a laptop and am short of the u-8 tuner and u-8 controller applications to interface with cubase!

Please if you have the software please make a copy to transfer to drop box or google drive please!!
Thank you most kindly!
Marek in pretoria
ma...@antfarm.co.za

Jimi Photon

Sep 19, 2022, 8:19:30 PM9/19/22
On Monday, November 18, 2019 at 10:11:39 AM UTC-5, marek...@gmail.com wrote:
> HI I'm desperately looking for the cubase controller install software that comes with the Roland u-8 u8!
> I have my u-8 functioning with XP on a laptop and am short of the u-8 tuner and u-8 controller applications to interface with cubase!
>
> Please if you have the software please make a copy to transfer to drop box or google drive please!!
> Thank you most kindly!
> Marek in pretoria
> ma...@antfarm.co.za

hey marek, did you ever find the software?
thanks man,
jimi