New Cubase SX Announced!

Asleep For Centuries

Mar 13, 2002, 6:25:44 AM3/13/02
Cubase SX Announced at Musikmesse

Digital audio, MIDI sequencing, intelligent MIDI input and processing tools,
virtual instruments and effects, editing, notation, mixing and mastering in
5.1 surround sound - with a new look and a new software engine.
http://messe.harmony-central.com/Musikmesse02/Content/Steinberg/PR/Cubase-SX
.html

March 13, 2002

Steinberg Media Technologies AG is proud to present the new Cubase SX at the
Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany.

Being the most powerful and intuitive Cubase ever, the new Cubase SX marks
the beginning of a new era. Cubase SX is a completely new program and is
equipped with latest technologies developed at Steinberg's digital audio
laboratories. Cubase SX features fantastic handling and breathtaking
performance for maximum sound quality and a unique music creation
experience. Cubase SX has been developed to support the creative process
without letting technology get in the way of the art of making music.

Cubase SX offers the following new functions and technologies:

Windows XP and Mac OS X support
New user interface
Graphic automation of all parameters
5.1 surround mixing
Musical real-time MIDI processing
Complete set of virtual instruments
New "Nuendo based" Audio Engine
New Audio Editing features by the Nuendo development team
Waldorf synthesizer technology
SPL De-Esser
Quadra Fuzz by Craig Anderton
Wide palette of virtual effect processors
Unlimited Undo/Redo
Edit History
24 Bit / 96 kHz
and many more...
Cubase SX will be available at the end of Q2 2002 for ?799 (MSRP). The
update from Cubase VST/32 will cost ?149, the update from Cubase VST Score
?199 and the update from Cubase VST ?299.

For more information, visit their web site at www.steinberg.net.

Mar 13, 2002, 7:12:15 AM3/13/02
It'll be interesting to see where this will sit. Nuendo is now obselete
then!

Neil

dp

Mar 13, 2002, 12:15:52 PM3/13/02
My check's cut, where do I sign??? ;^)

dp

"Asleep For Centuries" <k...@jak.com> wrote in message

Asleep For Centuries

Mar 13, 2002, 4:23:42 PM3/13/02

"dp" <d...@yoohoo.net> wrote in message

> My check's cut, where do I sign??? ;^)

send it to me, i'll pass it on...:)

lancelightning

Mar 13, 2002, 4:22:57 PM3/13/02

Bloody hell - I went through this dilemma from v3.7 to v5.......do I
really need it when my current version is working fine? I'll probably
be overcome by temptation and upgrade again which is of course exactly
what Steinberg wants. Bastardo!!!..........LL

Steve Richer

Mar 13, 2002, 4:52:45 PM3/13/02
yeah but it might be more worth your while this time cos the code is
all-new, hence there should be fewer bugs :-)

Steve

"lancelightning" <z...@z.com> wrote in message

Allen

Mar 13, 2002, 5:22:10 PM3/13/02
On one of the other new stuff pages, it mentioned a system link to run VST
on multiple PC's. Does this require a dongled VST on each PC ?
Al

Markus Hastreiter

Mar 13, 2002, 5:29:59 PM3/13/02
yes

"Allen" <al...@honeypass.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

nirsul

Mar 13, 2002, 7:07:24 PM3/13/02
There is going to be a patch for 5.1 that has the system link included

--

Best Regards

Nir Sullam

Laurence Payne

Mar 13, 2002, 7:38:23 PM3/13/02
I think I'll get the crack :-)

Laurence Payne

Mar 13, 2002, 7:40:33 PM3/13/02
Note that Steinberg has announced that an upgrade to SX will include
the facility to retain your VST version, running on another machine if
required.

lancelightning

Mar 13, 2002, 8:08:26 PM3/13/02
Didn't know you were into crack Laurence,,,,,,anyway about that
pint..........LL

mrd

Mar 13, 2002, 8:18:39 PM3/13/02

Yes But its Win2000/XP only

No more WIN98SE

js33

Mar 13, 2002, 8:55:53 PM3/13/02
Hi All,

Silly question. The upgrade prices are in EUR(I assume this
means eurodollars). What is this converted to good 'ole
US dollars?

Cheers,
JS

Asleep For Centuries wrote:

> Cubase SX Announced at Musikmesse
>

> Cubase SX will be available at the end of Q2 2002 for EUR 799 (MSRP). The
> update from Cubase
> VST/32 will cost EUR 149, the update from Cubase VST Score EUR 199 and the
> update from
> Cubase VST EUR 299.

js33

Mar 13, 2002, 8:59:16 PM3/13/02
Or more bugs since it is new.
Usually new software has more bugs then existing
updated software does. But a new architecture
of the software may be a good thing as it no doubt
leaves behind legacy code. I noticed this version
is only supported on W2000/XP or OSX.
What about all those people still swearing by W98?
I guess they will be forced to move up if they want to
keep up.

Cheers,
JS

js33

Mar 13, 2002, 9:11:37 PM3/13/02
Hi All,

I answered my own question.
Live Rates as of 2002.03.14 02:08:02 GMT.
299.00 EUR Euro = 261.960 USD United States Dollars

So it's about the same.

Cheers,
JS

js33

Mar 13, 2002, 9:56:24 PM3/13/02
Hi N,

It's hard to tell at this point. But the new Cubase SX
will be like Nuendo with Midi features. However they
state that Version 1.0 of SX will not have every feature
of 5.1 but they will be incorporated in subsequent releases.

Cheers,
JS

Chris Tondreau

Mar 13, 2002, 11:33:49 PM3/13/02
I'm both excited and pissed off at the same time.

I just shelled out over $500 Canadian about two years ago for VST3.7,
another $200 only about six or eight months ago for the update to VST 5.0,
only to find out now that it is slated for obsolescence in the near future.
I'm only using the 24bit version, so it is going to cost me a projected $420
CDN to update to SX!! This is on top of the $200 or so that I just paid
about three months ago for the LM4 MKII.... does the VSTi for drums (listed
as a drum sampler) included in SX negate this purchase too??!! Why can't
Steinberg make the updates available at the retailer level so that
competition can keep prices down? Will we really get a great deal on the
upgrade from Steinberg??

OTOH..... it looks like it has the potential to be an awesome system.
(though I'll have to upgrade my Win98 system PII466 to WinXP, probably a new
motherboard and processor....grrr....) I have enjoyed VST for the past two
years and have not had the complaints that I hear from many on this group.
It is encouraging to see that a lot of the features that users have been
pining for (ie. multiple undo) have been addressed for the new "version."
The integration of audio and midi channels in the same mixer is a feature
that I like. For $400 CDN, I get an update from 24 to 32bit, the Apogee
dither, True Tape, Cubase score features, and all the new features of SX. I
can't really complain about the price. For me, it is just the timing.

Chris
Hamilton, Canada

js33

Mar 13, 2002, 11:42:14 PM3/13/02
Hi Chris,

I hear ya but...software upgrades are a fact of life.
You don't have to upgrade. That is up to you.
But just remember that within 6 months (or sooner) they will
probably have another upgrade. This is how software
companies or any other company stays in business
by having new products. I have never really looked into
Nuendo but heard it was really good for audio but lacked
midi support. Now it looks like CuBase will have Nuendos
audio features and CuBase's midi combined so where
does this leave the Nuendo product?

Cheers,
JS

charged

Mar 14, 2002, 1:00:15 AM3/14/02
cool. very cool. the pdf shows that for vst/32 owners
the upgrade is 99 euro. is that accurate? that's cheeaaaappp.

Markus Hastreiter

Mar 14, 2002, 1:48:15 AM3/14/02
JS,

SX isn't nuendo with midi, its using the same audio engine nuendo does.
Sonar uses the same audio engine as SF Vegas does, still doesn't make them
comparable programs.

-Markus

js33

Mar 14, 2002, 4:53:31 AM3/14/02
Hi Markus,

I believe you are incorrect. Go read the interviews
with the developers. They say how they took most
of the codebase of Nuendo and brought in the midi
features from Cubase.

Cheers,
JS

Ceewun

Mar 14, 2002, 6:20:46 AM3/14/02

"Chris Tondreau" <christ...@cogeco.ca> wrote in message

> I'm both excited and pissed off at the same time.
>
> I just shelled out over $500 Canadian about two years ago for VST3.7,
> another $200 only about six or eight months ago for the update to VST 5.0,
> only to find out now that it is slated for obsolescence in the near
future.

[snip]

I know how you feel. I upgraded my second version of VST to 5.1 only a
month or so ago.. now I have to upgrade them both, along with the studio PC
which is still running W98. This is also going to force me to upgrade my
MOTU as there are no W2K/XP drivers for it... <sigh> ;-)

But the feeling is illusory.. no-one 'needs' to upgrade... VST 5 will not
suddenly stop working !

Besides, the alternative (no progress in software development etc) is for us
all to still be running Pro24 on Ataris!

All in all this is great news.. I anticipated Steinberg pursuing the Nuendo
route and 'forcing' us to go along with them.

Also, the fact they've knocked Windos on the head means they're getting very
serious about stability which is a good thing.

,c.

cannone

Mar 14, 2002, 10:26:30 AM3/14/02
I hope this is an official Cubase/Steinberg Newsgroup and that someone who
actually represents them reads this message!
I REFUSE to buy another update from Steinberg to upgrade to Cubase SX.

I own a Roland/Edirol U-8 controller / remote. This came with a custom
version of Cubasis. I was also told by the retail store that there is an
upgrade path to the full Cubase 5 VST32 so I went for it and bought the full
version.

I immediately noticed a problem with the control of VST32 from the U-8 and
so I let Steinberg know via e-mail as well as their "Beta test" forum. This
was back in 5r1.

I went through the motion each time and downloaded r2 to r6 but the problem
still hadn't been fixed. I eventually downloaded 5.1 r1 and still no joy. I
have also posted it a few times to this newsgroup but obviously no help.

NOW THEY EXPECT ME TO UPGRADE AGAIN TO SX! DO I HAVE IDIOT WRITTEN ON MY
FOREHEAD?

If they can't fix a simple problem after 6 upgrades, is the full facelift
going to make a difference? They want me to spend more money on another new
package but they haven't even fixed a problem in a previous one after 6
upgrades.

COME ON GUYS GET YOUR AAS IN GEAR!!!

Kevin Cannone
can...@iafrica.com

"Asleep For Centuries" <k...@jak.com> wrote in message

Danny Taddei

Mar 14, 2002, 12:06:46 PM3/14/02
I'm going to wait to upgrade sx until hell freezes over! I have spent an
ungodly amount of money on over 200 plug ins and as of 5.1 many already don't
work. Most of them are there only to overcome the pitfalls of cubase to begin
with. I don't want to see the results of sx.

I have 2 motu cards plugged into my mac and have no idea how they will work
with osx or the new sx. I don't have osx because cubase doesn't work with it
now so I will have to install it and all the software that will be needed to
run with it and hope I can learn how to deal with it. Then, after all that
headache, I will have to learn the new sx version's twists and turns.

Cubase should not be moving so fast. As another post said, Steinberg should
make what they have to be the best. Changing out the engine is something they
could have done behind the scenes as is unlimited undo and the other little
features that we hope to be getting from sx. Further, I was expecting that for
the money I have already spent, I would have a product that works better then
it does and get upgrades on it. Every time a major upgrade comes out it is a
NEW product.

Instead of signing on to the addiction of upgrades, I am going the other way.
As of 5.1, I will no longer buy cubase products. I have it already and it isn't
good enough to chase after. Instead I am going to use it as is and replace it
with dedicated record units like mackie's, alesis or other's units as they come
out and use the computer for what it does best which is computing. I can still
edit a track when I need to and add what needs to be added but this chase of
technology has fooled most and stifled others. How much work do we get done
when we have to upgrade and learn all the time. This is about music, not nerd
fashion. 2 weeks of downtime in a year is 2 weeks of vacation that I have to
work and actually pay out for. that brings the price of my upgrades to the cost
of a new small car, even if the upgrade costs very little!!!

<nospam>@less.net

Mar 14, 2002, 2:10:15 PM3/14/02
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:06:46 GMT, Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org>
wrote:

>Instead of signing on to the addiction of upgrades, I am going the other way.
>As of 5.1, I will no longer buy cubase products. I have it already and it isn't
>good enough to chase after. Instead I am going to use it as is and replace it
>with dedicated record units like mackie's, alesis or other's units as they come
>out and use the computer for what it does best which is computing. I can still
>edit a track when I need to and add what needs to be added but this chase of
>technology has fooled most and stifled others. How much work do we get done
>when we have to upgrade and learn all the time. This is about music, not nerd
>fashion. 2 weeks of downtime in a year is 2 weeks of vacation that I have to
>work and actually pay out for. that brings the price of my upgrades to the cost
>of a new small car, even if the upgrade costs very little!!!

I sympathize with you brother! I originally went the other route for
just this reason and bought a Tascam DA-88 and a DA-30 to master to.
They've gone the way of the Spotted Owl.
You really can't win in the technology game, it's a sharp stick in the
back forcing you reluctantly forward.
On the other hand things are improving at a phenomenal rate and are
way more affordable than they would have been for the hardware 20
years ago.
I would love to not have to pay for each upgrade as well and would be
especially pissed if I were cannone, who's problems were never
addressed, but I think the best philosophy is wait till you need the
change and the bugs are out.
I just upgraded my whole computer and operating system so I could run
more tracks at once at a higher bit rate with more plug ins. Now the
new software will likely expect this level of system and tax it more
than the last. If I moved to a 24 bit 96 khz hardware system, in a few
years it will be 48 bit 192 khz as an industrial standard.
There is no winning in this game except to worry most about the music.
I've heard great stuff recorded in 16 bit recently by musicians who
had little money and less expertise at recording, but the quality of
the playing still shone through. The bad mics and micing were more
evident than the fact it was done on an Adat.

Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net

Eddie

Mar 14, 2002, 2:45:40 PM3/14/02
amen.

"cannone" <can...@iafrica.com> wrote in message

main event

Mar 14, 2002, 3:56:08 PM3/14/02
Well I used Cubase 2.0 right up until 2000...

As long as the program meets your requirements then dont upgrade ;-)

--
' In front of the loudspeaker, everyone is equal'

http://www.mp3.com/mainevent

lancelightning

Mar 14, 2002, 6:06:24 PM3/14/02
About the most intelligent post on the subject so far!!.........LL

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 6:57:33 AM3/15/02
js33 <js...@attbi.com> wrote:
Eurodollars???

When will those U.S. citizens ever learn that there's also a world *outside* their
country?

Incidentally that mysterious place called 'Europe' is where much of your
audio-software and a lot of your best cars come from. ;)

Like you meanwhile obviously found out yourself, the currency we have in (most of)
Europe since this year is called 'Euro'. To increase your confusion however, the
subunit of the Euro is called 'cent'. (It's not even 'Eurocent' or something just
'cent'. If you ask me they rather should have sticked to the name 'Ecu' = European
currency unit, anyway. )

Bye,
Krid.

>js33 wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Silly question. The upgrade prices are in EUR(I assume this
>> means eurodollars). What is this converted to good 'ole
>> US dollars?

>I answered my own question.

>Live Rates as of 2002.03.14 02:08:02 GMT.
>299.00 EUR Euro = 261.960 USD United States Dollars
>
>So it's about the same.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 7:01:43 AM3/15/02
ray.m...@gmx.net (Krid) wrote:

>js33 <js...@attbi.com> wrote:
>Eurodollars???

Oops, sorry forgot to trim that line. Of course I wrote this reply, not js33.
(To avoid further confusion *before* it arises.)

Sorry.
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Paulo Gomes

Mar 15, 2002, 6:54:50 AM3/15/02
ECU is a very mean word here in Portugal, I'm glad they switched for EURO.

Paulo Gomes

Krid <ray.m...@gmx.net> wrote in message

js33

Mar 15, 2002, 7:31:02 AM3/15/02
Hi Krid,

What in my post made you think I was putting down anyone???????
All I asked is what the conversion rate was which I found out
myself anyway. As Eurodollars are fairly new I haven't heard
the conversion factor mentioned here in the US.
Also I was born in Germany.

Cheers,
JS

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 7:57:52 AM3/15/02
<nospam>@less.net wrote:
<...>

Yes I agree that today you have incredible possibilities at much lower
cost than in the past (with old studio-hardware).

However Steinberg's recent pricing is really annoying!

I bought Cubase at version 3.5 for 600 DM (that's about 300 EUR now)
(and was happy to get free updates with bugfixes and new features
until 3.7r2)
Just less than half a year ago I bought the 5.1 update for 129 EUR.

Though I like the 5.1 features a lot, I still considerd the upgrade price
a bit high and one of my main thoughts was that I now had the recent
version of Cubase again and would again receive free bugfixes and updates
for the next few years, just as it had been the case with 3.5.

Well, along comes Cubase SX...

The pricing for Cubase SL (the version that's to SX about the same that
plain VST is to VST/32) is supposed to be 499 EUR according to
Steinberg.

The upgrade from Cubase x.x (!) to Cubase SL is always 199 EUR.

So my upgrade path from 3.7 over 5.1 to SL would be about 630 EUR, compared
to the list price of 499 EUR for people who directly start with Cubase SL.

So along that path, I would have payed about 130 EUR (which is about 130 $) more
than by buying SL at the end of this year.

Yes of course, I did already have a version of Cubase to work with along the last
years, so that's not the same as just buying it now. All I'm saying is that if at
least the pricing would be such that the complete upgrade path for the existing
customer-base would not be more expensive than the price of the latest version,
then most customers would not feel screwed!

It's really annoying to think that I upgraded to 5.1 just about half a year ago. Had
I known that Steinberg was to realease SX this year, I would have waited. This would
have saved me the complete price of the 5.1 update, because in their stupid upgrade
pricing going from 5.1 to SL / SX costs exactly the same as from 3.7. It should
definitely be cheaper for users who use the currently latest version.

Heck, they should at least extend the reduced upgrade price to the customers who
bought Cubase or an upgrade within the last half year or even the last year, not just
to customers who bought it since March 1st 2002.

And BTW their prices keep increasing drastically. I mean today the upgrade from plain
VST 5.1 to SX costs the same as the *complete* price for the VST 3.5 I started with!
(And that's *on top* of the price I payed for the 5.1 update...)

Bye,
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 8:09:28 AM3/15/02
"Paulo Gomes" <cont...@netc.pt> wrote:

>ECU is a very mean word here in Portugal, I'm glad they switched for EURO.
>
>Paulo Gomes

So PLEASE tell me what it means in Portuguese! I'm dying to find out! ;)

Hey, I'm still amazed they haven't banned the word 'IP' -Address yet. ;)

Bye,
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 8:09:27 AM3/15/02
js33 <js...@attbi.com> wrote:

>Hi Krid,
>
>What in my post made you think I was putting down anyone???????
>All I asked is what the conversion rate was which I found out
>myself anyway. As Eurodollars are fairly new I haven't heard
>the conversion factor mentioned here in the US.
>Also I was born in Germany.

No, I was not supposing you were putting down anyone.

I just was amazed once again at how few American people seem to be
getting the news that concerns other countries than their own.

The switch to the Euro currency with the beginning of this year was
a major event in Europe and received quite a lot of attention in European media.

As it was also covered on CNN more or less intensively, I was astonished
that someone would assume that 'EUR' stands for 'Eurodollars'. That's all.

Re-reading your lines above, once again: It's EURO! not Eurodollars or
anything else. ;)

Well, as I said I agree that it's a stupid name for a currency. But that's the way it
is.

Bye,
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Victor Eijkhout

Mar 15, 2002, 8:07:29 AM3/15/02
js33 <js...@attbi.com> wrote:

> As Eurodollars are fairly new

You mean the things that supplanted the British dollars and the German
dollars?

You're digging yourself deeper and deeper in that hole that has a sign
posted next to it, saying "Come and see the ugly American".

Hint: it's called a Euro. Dollars are American. Although the word itself
has roots in German ("Thaler") and Dutch ("Daalder"), and maybe other
European languages.

--
Victor Eijkhout
"the time comes for everyone to do deliberately what

Jeremiah McAuliffe

Mar 15, 2002, 11:02:31 AM3/15/02
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:09:27 GMT, ray.m...@gmx.net (Krid) wrote:

>I just was amazed once again at how few American people seem to be
>getting the news that concerns other countries than their own.

Well, this is getting off topic, but as an American (United
Statesian?), I can say, that if one only relies on our corporate media
for news one isn't going to have much of a clue what is going on in
the rest of the planet, nor what people in other countries think. Its
*very* embarassing, and I'm sorry we are this way.

Our local cable TV offers News World International for an extra $5
(that's dollars) a month. Coming out of Canada, its mostly Canadian
news (which gives a different perspective from our news), but also
shows English language German news, Asian news, and others.....

A good magazine for Americans is the World Press International.

The internet offers plenty of news and perspectives from other
countries if one bothers to look and read.

The Euro was obviously a BIG BIG deal! (How could it not be? Its about
more than just currency-- almost a move towards the United States of
Europe, isn't it?) I remember talking to my family about it last
Christmas as an example of the difference in news reports between the
American corporate media, and other news outlets....

And to get this back to Cubase..... I'm still using 3.7r1 or whatever
it is. So, do any of you who upgrade to SX wanna sell me your 5.0
upgrade?? :-)

Oh... I know.... soon we'll have threads about the hassles of dongle
returns....

And to be honest, though I am honest and buy software I use, I would
indeed use a cracked version-- if I had it-- as I seem to have to
hassle with the dongle every now and then and it bugs me......

Jeremiah McAuliffe ali...@city-net.com
Page O' Heavy Issues
http://speed.city-net.com/~alimhaq/miaha.html
Page O' Heavy Music
http://www.ampcast.com/emergency
And Other Stuff
http://speed.city-net.com/~alimhaq/mcauliffe/

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 11:53:37 AM3/15/02
We all consider the US to be the center (note not centre) of the world
mainly because we are. You should have named it the Euro Dollar because it
would have been worth more that way :-) In fact, I think they should have
called them Dannys! What could be better then that!

Danny Taddei

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 11:59:57 AM3/15/02
Seriously speaking, if you have ever been here you would know why. Most of the UK could
fit in the state of California. I had some friends come here from Germany and thought
they would just hitch hike over to Wyoming from San Diego and then over to Washington
and comeback in 3 days. It would take 3 days at 24 hours a day to drive that at high
speeds.

You folks over there live a much more quaint life as opposed to ours over here. There is
good and bad with both but since we have better food and the Chevy Camaro I thing I'll
stay..... Oh yea... and lots of big rubber boobs that never get saggy!~

Danny Taddei

Krid wrote:I just was amazed once again at how few American people seem to be

Paulo Gomes

Mar 15, 2002, 12:14:38 PM3/15/02
Sorry I don't get it why should they have banned the word IP. As for what
ECU means it's very similar to the word ASS. Now tell me, if they didn't
change what do you think of for example "How many asses costs Cubase".
Yhak!!!

PAULO GOMES

Krid <ray.m...@gmx.net> wrote in message

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 1:10:14 PM3/15/02
Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org> wrote:

>We all consider the US to be the center (note not centre) of the world
>mainly because we are.

Have a look at *our* maps! ;)

Hey, seriously, ours show Europe in the middle. Think about it, on your
maps Russia has to be cut through in the middle only to make America sit
neatly in the CENTRE. Doesn't seem a natural thing to do. I'd like to see
Russian maps, actually.

Fact is that a spherical planet doesn't have a centre. You might consider the
Antarctica as the hub of the world, though. ;)

>Seriously speaking, if you have ever been here you would know why. Most of the UK could
>fit in the state of California. I had some friends come here from Germany and thought
>they would just hitch hike over to Wyoming from San Diego and then over to Washington
>and comeback in 3 days. It would take 3 days at 24 hours a day to drive that at high
>speeds.
>
>You folks over there live a much more quaint life as opposed to ours over here. There is
>good and bad with both but since we have better food and the Chevy Camaro I thing I'll
>stay..... Oh yea... and lots of big rubber boobs that never get saggy!~

LOL! :)

But Germany will still let you drive as fast as you please on most highways, we're
allowed to say the German equivalents of 'fuck' and 'shit' on television and radio
and we don't have any states where it's legally prohibited to have oral sex. ;)

Bye,
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 1:22:52 PM3/15/02
"Paulo Gomes" <cont...@netc.pt> wrote:

>Sorry I don't get it why should they have banned the word IP.

O.k., lame joke. I thought it sounds very much like 'I pee'.

>As for what
>ECU means it's very similar to the word ASS. Now tell me, if they didn't
>change what do you think of for example "How many asses costs Cubase".
>Yhak!!!

Considering that in Spanish the name of Mitsubishi's car model 'Pajero' means about
the same as 'wanker', it would have been fun to go to a Spanish car salesman living
in Portugal and ask him: "How many Ecu's do you want for that Pajero?" ;)

Bye,
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 1:53:05 PM3/15/02
classic!

Krid wrote:"How many Ecu's do you want for that Pajero?" ;)

> Bye,
> Krid.
>
> -------------------------
> www.mp3.com/krid

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 2:06:42 PM3/15/02

Krid wrote:

> But Germany will still let you drive as fast as you please on most highways, we're
> allowed to say the German equivalents of 'fuck' and 'shit' on television and radio
> and we don't have any states where it's legally prohibited to have oral sex. ;)
>
> Bye,
> Krid.
>
> -------------------------
> www.mp3.com/krid

In the US, you can drive as fast as you like so long as you can afford attorney's fees. In
fact, you can kill your ex-wife with multiple stab wounds and get off if you have the cash.
Our ex president came (no pun intended) from a state that does not allow oral sex and as the
world now knows, Monica Lewinski (spelling?) made him the HEAD of our nation........ so to
speak:-) And to think we all thought HE sucked! Finally, cursing on TV is not all its
cracked up to be. Its more fun to bleep out words every now and then. Then you can bleep out
words that you don't want to be heard and folks won't suspect that you are covering up
important information.

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 2:27:10 PM3/15/02
Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org> wrote:
<...>

>In the US, you can drive as fast as you like so long as you can afford attorney's fees. In
>fact, you can kill your ex-wife with multiple stab wounds and get off if you have the cash.
>Our ex president came (no pun intended) from a state that does not allow oral sex and as the
>world now knows, Monica Lewinski (spelling?) made him the HEAD of our nation........ so to
>speak:-) And to think we all thought HE sucked! Finally, cursing on TV is not all its
>cracked up to be. Its more fun to bleep out words every now and then. Then you can bleep out
>words that you don't want to be heard and folks won't suspect that you are covering up
>important information.

So I guess that's why it's called 'The Land Of The Free' , eh?

Hey come on, are only football-players and presidents supposed to get all the fun?

And how the *%&§ am I supposed to understand all those *%&§ing Hip Hop lyrics
if every 2nd or 3rd &§%#y word is bleeped out? The annoying thing is that they're
actually to lazy to put out uncensored video- and single-versions for the
non-American market, so even in Europe we have to listen to your *%&§ing &§%#y
censored versions. What a *%&§!

Ceewun

Mar 15, 2002, 2:50:07 PM3/15/02

"Danny Taddei" <da...@taddei.org> wrote in message

> We all consider the US to be the center (note not centre) of the world
> mainly because we are.

You what ?????

Centre of what exactly...? Let's see:

Industry ? Oh yes !
Military ? Definitey !
Money ? Just.
Culture ? Cults, maybe Mickey Mouse, Cowboys and ER hardly 'rate' as culture
now do they ?
Art ? Definitely not.
Music ? You must be joking.
Literature ? Only if you allow logos on beefburger boxes.
Film ? Depends. You have to check authors and techicians to see where a lot
of the good work gets done.
Innovation ? Not at all.
Creativity ? Certainly not.
Intellectuality ? Not in a million years.

It's little wonder that American foreign policy is so fucked.

> You should have named it the Euro Dollar because it
> would have been worth more that way :-)

The Euro is destined to be refered to as EuroDollar in due course, so I'm
not going to flame you ! It's also destined to fail unless the UK joins.
We trade more with the rest of the world that Europe (any other figure has
been doctored.. we trade more with the States than we do France and Germany
combined).

>In fact, I think they should have
> called them Dannys! What could be better then that!

:-)

Anyway... ;-)

,c.

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 4:17:57 PM3/15/02
Frankly, I'd rather hear bleeps then hip hope:-)

I just wrote one: It's called "^!%@#$^%"

Verse

Made *&@#^$ * with your &@#^$*
and &#$^ #&
!@$~~ $^&*, $#^&* ___**
I bite &#$^ #& cuz !&^@#%!#
$*#(@) !@#$$ $&^$*)()_) *-+98 !@^#%$
~`!2$@%^# &^$ )(*#!) #!%%%5

CHORUS-

!&@#^%%% 4^&8 1823(*& 5&*%^(
09465 27*&^*&^ @^&*888 @&#^*
!&@#^%%% 4^&8 1823(*& 5&*%^(

Bridge-

Your *&^&*^ Mamma ($@# my &#(#@&

Repeat first verse then choruss 2 time

Krid

Mar 15, 2002, 4:29:25 PM3/15/02
Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org> wrote:

>Frankly, I'd rather hear bleeps then hip hope:-)
>
>I just wrote one: It's called "^!%@#$^%"
>
>Verse
>
>Made *&@#^$ * with your &@#^$*
>and &#$^ #&
>!@$~~ $^&*, $#^&* ___**
>I bite &#$^ #& cuz !&^@#%!#
>$*#(@) !@#$$ $&^$*)()_) *-+98 !@^#%$
>~`!2$@%^# &^$ )(*#!) #!%%%5
>
>CHORUS-
>
>!&@#^%%% 4^&8 1823(*& 5&*%^(
>09465 27*&^*&^ @^&*888 @&#^*
>!&@#^%%% 4^&8 1823(*& 5&*%^(
>
>Bridge-
>
>Your *&^&*^ Mamma ($@# my &#(#@&
>
>Repeat first verse then choruss 2 time

When it's finished PLEASE let us now the URL. ;)

That hip hop stuff has enough annoying bleeps in the background
already. It's their substitute for melodies. So at least the lyrics
might be some fun, but most of it is too bleeped out to understand. ;)

Bye,
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 4:32:33 PM3/15/02
What really counts in this world?

We make the best burgers!
More women have big rubber titties here then anywhere! (my personal favorite)
We started Rock & Roll !!!
We have the best surf on the planet!
We invented airplanes!
Our women shave their armpits!
We invented refrigeration so we don't have to pretend to like warm beer!
We invented the MAC !
We come up with the joke against other races! (especially against the french and English though that is truly very easy to do;-)
AND - no matter who seems to hold it, it is always called The America's Cup!!!

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 4:35:30 PM3/15/02
I'll post it when I am done with my other masterpiece, "Silence in C#". I
am working on a modulation after the first movement right now but can't
figure out how to do it with nothing but rests:-)

Ceewun

Mar 15, 2002, 5:06:56 PM3/15/02
Thank God For That! I was worried after I posted that you may have taken
'offense' when none was intended!!!

LOL!

Good on you mate!

I agree... you win!

,c.

PS.. Limey Gals usually shave their armpits.. it them 'continentals' that,
you know, seem to, um, you know...er.. 'grow it there'.

[---DeHTML'ed thus quotefuked, er, quote --]

"Danny Taddei" <da...@taddei.org> wrote in message

tenderfoot

Mar 15, 2002, 5:16:35 PM3/15/02
In article <3C926871...@taddei.org>, da...@taddei.org says...

> What really counts in this world?
>
> We make the best burgers!
> More women have big rubber titties here then anywhere! (my personal favorite)
> We started Rock & Roll !!!

Jokes against the French???
What kind of jokes?
I'm French and haven't heard anything about these 'jokes'...

Paulo Gomes

Mar 15, 2002, 5:18:16 PM3/15/02
Yep that's true about the Pajero thing. Well maybe you'd be considered as a
Persona non grata forever if you come here with that, and that's the least
that could happen to you. :-)

Paulo Gomes

Krid <ray.m...@gmx.net> wrote in message

Chris Tondreau

Mar 15, 2002, 5:35:00 PM3/15/02
Don't worry, I've heard a bunch of 'em.... and they're mostly rather
flattering to us French folk.... and those like me who are half French.

Chris Tondreau
Hamilton, Canada

"tenderfoot" <noe...@noemail.com> wrote in message

Roy

Mar 15, 2002, 5:51:28 PM3/15/02
In article <MPG.16fc912d8...@news.worldonline.fr>, tenderfoot
<noe...@noemail.com> writes

The French *are* a joke :-) :-)
--
Roy

tenderfoot

Mar 15, 2002, 6:16:06 PM3/15/02
In article <GI8WLcAD...@pe30.demon.co.uk>, r...@pe30.demon.co.uk
says...

> In article <MPG.16fc912d8...@news.worldonline.fr>, tenderfoot
> <noe...@noemail.com> writes
> >In article <3C926871...@taddei.org>, da...@taddei.org says...
> >> What really counts in this world?

Really?
Why?

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 6:18:11 PM3/15/02
tenderfoot wrote:

> Jokes against the French???
> What kind of jokes?
> I'm French and haven't heard anything about these 'jokes'...

Well, you'd probably need friends to tell you them but if you ever spend time in
Miami you will find that there are a lot of sailors around. The biggest joke among
them is that the 2 worst groups of sailors in the world are Canadians and French.
God forbid you meet a French Canadian. Other then poking fun at all of you for
being over emotional thieves there really aren't that many jokes. Well, we do
laugh a little at your cars too. Something about French Design with English
wiring. (I talk, I own a Jaguar... come to think of it, the door locks aren't
working right!) I've never heard of a complex named after an American Leader and
who would have built a tower so big and never put walls on it? We pick on the
English but even the English pick on france. Snails? Frogs? !!! Not even in our
darkest moments. You don't have an "S" painted on your car do you? We eat the
fish. You're welcome to the eggs. We call that bait:-)

Don't be offended, I pick on everyone equally.

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 6:19:28 PM3/15/02
Come now... All in good fun but be clever. There's no pride unless you earn it.

Danny Taddei

Mar 15, 2002, 6:42:41 PM3/15/02
Ahh... Never :-) Just a little fun without hitting beneath the belt.

I actually like most of everything but its always more fun to poke a little
while enjoying it. I imagine it's rather late there now so have a good weekend.

Danny

js33

Mar 15, 2002, 7:43:35 PM3/15/02
Hi Krid,

Ok well I honestly thought it was Eurodollars.
Yes I am quite aware that Europe standardized
on one currency at the beginning of the year
but I still thought it was Eurodollars. My mistake.

Cheers,
JS

js33

Mar 15, 2002, 7:44:50 PM3/15/02
Hi Victor,

OK I have been corrected. It is simply Euro.

Cheers,
JS

js33

Mar 15, 2002, 7:48:00 PM3/15/02
Hi Danny,

Hehehe. Isn't everything a dollar?
:>)

Cheers,
JS

js33

Mar 15, 2002, 7:59:33 PM3/15/02
Hi Krid,

Oh don't tell us you actually listen to that Hip crap shit.
As an American I am terribly embarrased that hip
crap is from the US. Oh please we may be arrogant
and totally ignore the rest of the world ;>) but don't
hold any grudges because of that hip crap shit.

**JS hoping that music sharing programs will put the
current record companies out of business so we
can start over with actual music again.**

Cheers,
JS

Victor Eijkhout

Mar 15, 2002, 7:57:02 PM3/15/02
Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org> wrote:

> We invented the MAC !

I capitulate. Sir, you are absolutely right.

<nospam>@less.net

Mar 15, 2002, 8:39:52 PM3/15/02
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:57:52 GMT, ray.m...@gmx.net (Krid) wrote:

>Heck, they should at least extend the reduced upgrade price to the customers who
>bought Cubase or an upgrade within the last half year or even the last year, not just
>to customers who bought it since March 1st 2002.
>
>And BTW their prices keep increasing drastically. I mean today the upgrade from plain
>VST 5.1 to SX costs the same as the *complete* price for the VST 3.5 I started with!
>(And that's *on top* of the price I payed for the 5.1 update...)

Agreed! By the way I've bought all the upgrades since 3.5 as well.
Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net

Ceewun

Mar 15, 2002, 8:49:30 PM3/15/02

"js33" <js...@attbi.com> wrote in message news:3C9296DB...@attbi.com...

> Hi Victor,
>
> OK I have been corrected. It is simply Euro.

For now, anyway.

,c.

js33

Mar 15, 2002, 9:01:02 PM3/15/02
Hi Ceewun,

What is "For now, anyway." The fact that it is simply
Euro for now or that I have been corrected for now?

Cheers,
JS

Pete Leoni

Mar 15, 2002, 9:16:56 PM3/15/02
I've heard of it, I was listening to the radio and heard sombody say
something about a place called "Europe" While I was replacing the unreliable
V12 in my XJS with a Corvette LT1.

pete

>> When will those U.S. citizens ever learn that there's also a world
>*outside* their
>> country?
>>
>> Incidentally that mysterious place called 'Europe' is where much of your
>> audio-software and a lot of your best cars come from. ;)

Chris Tondreau

Mar 15, 2002, 11:37:58 PM3/15/02

> God forbid you meet a French Canadian.

Ouch! I felt 'dat wun from o'er 'ere!

Chris TONDREAU
Hamilton, CANADA!!

Jim Hewes

Mar 15, 2002, 11:50:25 PM3/15/02

> <snip>
>
> Cubase should not be moving so fast. As another post said, Steinberg
should
> make what they have to be the best.

I think the speed the technology moves is dictated by competition. If
Steinverg were to slow down, Logic or some other program would move faster
and get all the business.

> Changing out the engine is something they
> could have done behind the scenes as is unlimited undo and the other
little
> features that we hope to be getting from sx.

I don't think that changing the engine is a minor thing. So it's not like
they could have changed it out in the background. Instead of starting with
Cubase 5.1 and inserting the Nuendo engine, I rather think they started with
Nuendo and added in the Cubase MIDI features. Unlimited undo is deceptively
difficult to add to a program that was not designed for it. It touches every
aspect of a program. I'd think that Nuendo was designed for multiple undo
from the ground up. So it's much easier to just junk Cubase 5.1 and go to
the Nuendo engine.

> Further, I was expecting that for
> the money I have already spent, I would have a product that works better
then
> it does and get upgrades on it. Every time a major upgrade comes out it is
> NEW product.
>
> Instead of signing on to the addiction of upgrades, I am going the other
way.
> As of 5.1, I will no longer buy cubase products. I have it already and it
isn't
> good enough to chase after.

As other people said, if 5.1 works fine for you there is no reason for you
to upgrade.

> Instead I am going to use it as is and replace it
> with dedicated record units like mackie's, alesis or other's units as they
come
> out and use the computer for what it does best which is computing. I can
still
> edit a track when I need to and add what needs to be added but this chase
of
> technology has fooled most and stifled others. How much work do we get
done
> when we have to upgrade and learn all the time. This is about music, not
nerd
> fashion. 2 weeks of downtime in a year is 2 weeks of vacation that I have
> work and actually pay out for. that brings the price of my upgrades to the
cost
> of a new small car, even if the upgrade costs very little!!!

It kinds of surprises me to hear people complain about software being
upgraded. First, you don't HAVE to upgrade, so it shouldn't affect you.
Second, I think it's a plus that you CAN upgrade and be able to pay less
than the full price again. You can't do that with your hardware. I own a
Mackie 1604 VLZ mixer. When the 1604 VLZ Pro version came out with the
better mic preamps, I couldn't have just upgraded. I would have had to pay
full price to get another one. It'll be the same with hardware recorders.
It'll never be any better than it is (except for perhaps firmware updates).

Jim

Danny Taddei

Mar 16, 2002, 2:23:26 AM3/16/02
Reading through your post, you make good since and I don't disagree with you. I
actually like advancements in software but I would thing there is a better way
to do it if you want a loyal customer base to stay loyal.

I paid $500 US to upgrade to 5.1/32 from 4.0. 4.0 was upsetting because I first
bought it, then score, then vst/24 only to find out that my registration card
was never received by steinberg. That meant that even though I bought 3 full
versions of the software, including the highest version, I had to pay the
highest amount to upgrade to 5. When I got 5/32 true tape, I played with it and
found that the only feature that really was worth upgrading for was the
automatic cross fade and surely everyone here knows how easy it is to do that
manually. To say the least, I felt cheated.

Many of the plug ins that worked on older versions of cubase don't work with
the higher ones. I would expect them to and I would expect steinberg to see to
it that they do. I want more from my money. I want truth in advertising. I
bought true tape to find out all it really is, is a per channel use of
something a lot like magnetos, a plug in that I already own. The deception
about pushing overs into analog sound is criminal. If there was an over it
would be an over at the converter level and would be nothing but digital noise
by the time it got to cubase. I could go on but I will spare you.

I want the little things fixed. Enough of us have paid well to have that. When
something drastically different comes out we are forced again to pay. The
choice of not upgrading is not a choice. Cubase 5.1 is not even compatible with
cubase 5.0. During the recording of a commercial for Encititas Ford that I did
lately, the guy I was working with could not use my files because he had 5.0
and I had already updated to 5.1. It nearly killed the entire project. It isn't
a professional way to do things. If there is an update that isn't compatible
that should be disclosed before I buy it. In many industries the sellers would
go to jail for a similar offense.

There are too many dedicated units out there that sound great. I am keeping
what I own but the next time I add to my studio, it will NOT be cubase.

danny

js33

Mar 16, 2002, 5:53:37 AM3/16/02
Hi Danny,

I agree with you completely about the overhype on the VST/32.
I originally purchased that at $579 and then started reading this
group and realized I could use plain VST and it would pretty much
sound the same. So I took back 32(unopened) and got the plain
VST for $279 and have been happy with it. So that has been my
total Cubase investment so far not including the LM4, Pro52, B4,
and Waldorf PPG wave.

Cheers,
JS

Ceewun

Mar 16, 2002, 6:03:27 AM3/16/02

"js33" <js...@attbi.com> wrote in message news:3C92A8B7...@attbi.com...

> Hi Ceewun,
>
> What is "For now, anyway." The fact that it is simply
> Euro for now or that I have been corrected for now?

The former. The intention of the Euro is manyfold, mostly political. There
is every indication that it will be given the 'eurodollar' moniker in the
next hundred years by which time it will also be known as the USE. The
whole concept is outdated.. the World has changed significantly since the
late 1920s when the idea was first conceived. 'It' is bullshit....(ie:
following the spirit let alone the law of the USE, sorry, EU, I should
legally be able to buy my English SX upgrades with (cheap for me to buy
Euros) from anywhere in Europe (directly from Steinberg in Germany or a
music shop up a mountain in Italy). I have my doubts. We'll see!)

But this is a music technology ng so better steer away from politics... :)

,c.

js33

Mar 16, 2002, 7:11:41 AM3/16/02
Hi Ceewun,

It sounds like it's alot more than just another
currency. I don't know much about what it all
means to people in Europe other than a
unifying currency. It seems like it will make commerce
between all of Europe more convenient rather than
each country having its own currency like it was.

Krid

Mar 16, 2002, 7:57:57 AM3/16/02
Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org> wrote:

>What really counts in this world?
>
>We make the best burgers!

So why are they called Hamburgers just like the inhabitants of Steinberg's home city?

>More women have big rubber titties here then anywhere! (my personal favorite)

But France had the biggest ones.

>We started Rock & Roll !!!

And what would it have been without British Marshall amps?

>We have the best surf on the planet!

But at least anybody can surf the 'net today.

>We invented airplanes!

And how do people get to the airport? In cars! Guess who invented them!

>Our women shave their armpits!

You don't know what you miss.

>We invented refrigeration so we don't have to pretend to like warm beer!

You think Budwiser and Corona taste like beer?

>We invented the MAC !

But all this allegedly started with Conrad Zuse's first computer.

>We come up with the joke against other races! (especially against the french
>and English though that is truly very easy to do;-)

But Monty Python perfected them.

>AND - no matter who seems to hold it, it is always called The America's Cup!!!
>Enough said, we win:-)

Come on! What you consider to be 'football' doesn't even feature a round ball!

And if you think you have military power because of the atomic bomb then consider
this:

We Germans invented the Bretzel that nearly made your president choke!

Ceewun

Mar 16, 2002, 9:02:07 AM3/16/02

"js33" <js...@attbi.com> wrote in message news:3C9337DB...@attbi.com...

> Hi Ceewun,
>
> It sounds like it's alot more than just another
> currency. I don't know much about what it all
> means to people in Europe other than a
> unifying currency. It seems like it will make commerce
> between all of Europe more convenient rather than
> each country having its own currency like it was.

Yeah... sounds good, doesn't it !? But so does communism.. it's just those
pesky 'details' that screw up The Big Idea...

No offence, but I'm not going into this! This is a.s.c afterall! I'll
find myself on my soapbox which I do not want to do right now!

Cheers!

Danny Taddei

Mar 16, 2002, 10:55:21 AM3/16/02

Krid wrote:

> Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org> wrote:
>
> >What really counts in this world?
> >
> >We make the best burgers!
>
> So why are they called Hamburgers just like the inhabitants of Steinberg's home city?
>
> >More women have big rubber titties here then anywhere! (my personal favorite)
>
> But France had the biggest ones.

Yeah, but when they are men it doesn't count;-)

> >We started Rock & Roll !!!
>
> And what would it have been without British Marshall amps?

Fender, Sun, Line 6

> >We have the best surf on the planet!
>
> But at least anybody can surf the 'net today.

Spoken like a true Land Lubber

> >We invented airplanes!
>
> And how do people get to the airport? In cars! Guess who invented them!

Never seen a french muscle car (Ouch!)

> >Our women shave their armpits!
>
> You don't know what you miss.

Sure I do. I have my hairy arm pits to look .... I to sexy for my arm pits, to sexy

> >We invented refrigeration so we don't have to pretend to like warm beer!
>
> You think Budwiser and Corona taste like beer?

No. I like dark beer but we make that too. In fact, we have micro breweries all over
that make great beer.

> >We invented the MAC !
>
> But all this allegedly started with Conrad Zuse's first computer.

You didn't have to invent walking upright to stand tall.

> >We come up with the joke against other races! (especially against the french
> >and English though that is truly very easy to do;-)
>
> But Monty Python perfected them.

Conceded. I am a huge fan of Monty Python though we do pretty well at times

> >AND - no matter who seems to hold it, it is always called The America's Cup!!!
> >Enough said, we win:-)
>
> Come on! What you consider to be 'football' doesn't even feature a round ball!
>
> And if you think you have military power because of the atomic bomb then consider
> this:
>
> We Germans invented the Bretzel that nearly made your president choke!

My ancestry is German. I am a 7th generation american so i guess I have the best of both
worlds..... Like I said.... I'm to sexy :-) You seem like a funny guy to know. Too bad
you live so far away. Let me know if I can ever help you out.

Danny

Danny Taddei

Mar 16, 2002, 11:01:53 AM3/16/02
Hey JS,

For what I, almost anything out will more then cover it. I didn't realize that when
I started and my goal was to only have a small studio back then. (I use to have a
larger operation in LA california but shut down due to theft in 91) I started
building my gear back up in 1998 when I stopped a 5 year vacation that I had been
on. Back then cubase seemed like the way to go. Now, I have tuns of outboard gear
again plus a 48 channel mixer so all I really use cubase for is a record deck. Life
is so much easier that way. Not everyone can afford what I have but really, no one
needs it either.

2 inch 24 track machines have dropped so much in price I am about to buy one again.
When I do, cubase will be strictly for editing.

I still like cubase. I just won't buy into the incompatibilities anymore.

Krid

Mar 16, 2002, 12:11:21 PM3/16/02
Danny Taddei <da...@taddei.org> wrote:

<...>

>> >More women have big rubber titties here then anywhere! (my personal favorite)
>>
>> But France had the biggest ones.
>
>Yeah, but when they are men it doesn't count;-)

Not shure what you mean. I was referring to Lolo Ferrari.
(Not that those pumped up silicone balloons actually were sexy.)

>> >We started Rock & Roll !!!
>>
>> And what would it have been without British Marshall amps?
>
>Fender, Sun, Line 6

Hey you forgot ENGL from Germany! And who the hell is Sun?
I thought they're building Unix Servers. Didn't know they're into
guitar amps, too. ;)

But, hmmm, a tube stack in that neat purple coloUr really would be cool!

<...>

>Never seen a french muscle car (Ouch!)

But I'm quite shure Mercedeses in with heck spoilers and tinted windows as well as
Porsches in sky blue or lemon yellow are a favoUrite of pimps all around the world.
;)

>> >We invented refrigeration so we don't have to pretend to like warm beer!
>>
>> You think Budwiser and Corona taste like beer?
>
>No. I like dark beer but we make that too. In fact, we have micro breweries all over
>that make great beer.

Seems just as hard to believe as the assumption that Club-Cola from the former DDR
(GDR) tastes anywhere remotely near Coca-Cola.

Somehow Great American Beer simply seems as probable as the Perpetuum Mobile.

<...>

>My ancestry is German. I am a 7th generation american so i guess I have the best of both
>worlds..... Like I said.... I'm to sexy :-) You seem like a funny guy to know. Too bad
>you live so far away. Let me know if I can ever help you out.

Hm, never cared to trace my ancestry back that far. My parents are German, I know
that. So I'm an n-th generation German, where n >= 2.

Yep, too sad one can't have a drink (preferrably German beer) with all those people
you had some interesting or entertaining conversation with in this group or meet with
a couple of those who still play 'real' instruments and just jam along through the
night ...

Bye,
Krid.

-------------------------
www.mp3.com/krid

Jim Hewes

Mar 16, 2002, 1:56:21 PM3/16/02

> Reading through your post, you make good since and I don't disagree with
you. I
> actually like advancements in software but I would thing there is a better
way
> to do it if you want a loyal customer base to stay loyal.
>
> I paid $500 US to upgrade to 5.1/32 from 4.0. 4.0 was upsetting because I
first
> bought it, then score, then vst/24 only to find out that my registration
card
> was never received by steinberg. That meant that even though I bought 3
full
> versions of the software, including the highest version, I had to pay the
> highest amount to upgrade to 5.

Wow, that sounds like it really sucks. I'd think that they could have done
something to help you if you had a receipt, dongle, and original manual, and
if the serial number was not registered to anyone else.

> When I got 5/32 true tape, I played with it and
> found that the only feature that really was worth upgrading for was the
> automatic cross fade and surely everyone here knows how easy it is to do
that
> manually. To say the least, I felt cheated.

Yeah, I never expected true tape to be anything useful. That wasn't the
reason I upgraded. One thing I don't like about true tape is that it's not
an effect that you can add later, such as a plug-in. You have to record with
it. I assume they made it that way for marketing reasons.

> Many of the plug ins that worked on older versions of cubase don't work
with
> the higher ones. I would expect them to and I would expect steinberg to
see to
> it that they do.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. Although, I don't know that I'd expect
plug-ins based on an older version of the VST API (VST 1.0) to work. But I'd
expect all VST 2.0 plug-ins to work.

> I want more from my money. I want truth in advertising. I
> bought true tape to find out all it really is, is a per channel use of
> something a lot like magnetos, a plug in that I already own. The deception
> about pushing overs into analog sound is criminal. If there was an over it
> would be an over at the converter level and would be nothing but digital
noise
> by the time it got to cubase. I could go on but I will spare you.
>
> I want the little things fixed. Enough of us have paid well to have that.
When
> something drastically different comes out we are forced again to pay. The
> choice of not upgrading is not a choice. Cubase 5.1 is not even compatible
with
> cubase 5.0. During the recording of a commercial for Encititas Ford that I
did
> lately, the guy I was working with could not use my files because he had
5.0
> and I had already updated to 5.1. It nearly killed the entire project.

I didn't know that either. That sounds like a legitimate gripe. I wouldn't
expect, for example, version 3.7 to read verion 5.0 files. There were new
features put into 5.0 that 3.7 didn't know about. So it shouldn't be
expected to read them.

But there weren't any significant changes from 5.0 to 5.1, only a few
plug-ins were added. (Hardly a version change, really). So I'd expect 5.0
and 5.1 to be able to interchange files. Anyway, I'd think you could just
uninstall 5.1 and reinstall 5.0 to work on your project. Very inconvenient,
I agree, but possible.

It sounds to me like version 5.1 was just a way for Steinberg to keep the
Cubase name visible while they worked on SX behind the scenes.

> It isn't
> a professional way to do things. If there is an update that isn't
compatible
> that should be disclosed before I buy it. In many industries the sellers
would
> go to jail for a similar offense.

Yeah, well, manufacturers are never in a hurry to point out what their
product CAN'T do. It's caveat emptor, I guess.

Frank Marshall

Mar 16, 2002, 3:21:17 PM3/16/02
It was bad enough having the 'my software/ computer is better than yours'
debate.....Let's not start an 'our *country* is better than yours'!

In any case it is generally recognis(z)ed that Europe will be better than
the USof A once they decide on a common language.....For God's sake pick
one...and it needn't be English. Then all Europeans need only learn 2
languages.

Frank
(I love the States actually.... Ś:^)...not so sure about the cars though!)

"Pete Leoni" <demo...@datasync.com> wrote in message

js33

Mar 16, 2002, 3:58:55 PM3/16/02
Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear about the theft. That sucks. I guess you had
insurance to cover the loss? Yeah I got into CuBase because
I didn't want to buy a room full of outboard gear. I was intriged
by the idea of having a professional sounding mutlitrack recording
studio on my computer. We're close but we're not quite there yet
compared to outboard gear. I like Cubase but I haven't really got
into the meat of yet and spend most of my time just playing my VSTs
and Gigastudio instruments. I think the new version and the next generation
of computers will get us pretty close to a real studio.

Danny Taddei

Mar 16, 2002, 4:56:17 PM3/16/02

> >Fender, Sun, Line 6
>
> Hey you forgot ENGL from Germany! And who the hell is Sun?
> I thought they're building Unix Servers. Didn't know they're into
> guitar amps, too. ;)
>
> But, hmmm, a tube stack in that neat purple coloUr really would be cool!

John Sunholm - He was the bass player for an oldie '60's band and started making sun
cabinets. They are mostly PA speakers I think and they use to be well know. I don't know if
they are still made but they were good back then

> <...>
> >Never seen a french muscle car (Ouch!)
>
> But I'm quite shure Mercedeses in with heck spoilers and tinted windows as well as
> Porsches in sky blue or lemon yellow are a favoUrite of pimps all around the world.
> ;)

I've had 3 piles of porshe.... no thanks to any more. I do like some mercedeses though. I
thought you were a french defender? I never made germany jokes. (though I could try if you
like;-)

> Seems just as hard to believe as the assumption that Club-Cola from the former DDR
> (GDR) tastes anywhere remotely near Coca-Cola.
>
> Somehow Great American Beer simply seems as probable as the Perpetuum Mobile.

Ba Humbug. We make loads of great beer but I doubt you would ever have a chance to know that
unless you came here. Most of it never leaves the state it was made in let alone exported to
UK. HEY! Now you have an excuse to come visit. You need to make a humanitarian visit to
compare beer! See, if you were in the USA you might even get a money grant to come over here
do it for free.

Danny Taddei

Mar 16, 2002, 5:07:38 PM3/16/02
Actually, here is some information that people should know about insurance (too late for
me).

I lost about 120,000 us of gear and collected 22,000 in insurance even though I had a
replacement type policy. Here are a few things you can be stung with.
1) Make sure that you know what your computer limits are. In my case I had a $5000
limit. It turned out that all my keyboards, samplers, (of course computers) digital
effects and even my multi track unit had some from of micro chip in it. That chip makes
it a computer and so when I lost everything I could only collect $5000 back for the
whole lot. The rest (17,000) was collected on cables, snakes, racks, microphones and
other little things that I was lucky enough to have receipts for.

2) I would have been totally screwed if I had not had a commercial policy. I had just
changed it over about 8 months prior too! If you don't have a commercial policy and you
have ever made money with your equipment, or if you are trying to, then your personal
policy will not apply to your equipment. If you write your equipment off as a tax write
off for instance, you need a commercial policy or you can't collect.

Here's the good news. BMI and ASCAP have policies you can buy that are built to order
and actually cost very little. Look on the web sites or call them up and get the
numbers. My wife handles all of that for me so I don't have details. http://www.bmi.com
http://www.ascap.com

Danny

marek...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2019, 10:15:57 AM11/18/19
HI I'm desperately looking for the cubase controller install software that comes with the Roland u-8 u8!
I have my u-8 functioning with XP on a laptop and am short of the u-8 tuner and u-8 controller applications to interface with cubase!

Please if you have the software please make a copy to transfer to drop box or google drive please!!
Thank you most kindly!
Marek in pretoria