Audiomedia III In tha House!!!

Jordan Bortz

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

Well the nice thing about Cubase users spread all over the world is =
theres always someone
awake, somewhere!

The AM3 Can do wave out if you installed it. Go to Control =
Panel->Multimedia, then
click on wave devices, and then click on each device and hit properties, =
then hit disable
or remove..
Jordan

----------
<DusD...@amsn.com>; Digidesign <csa...@digidesign.com>; Cubase Group =
<cubase...@mcc.ac.uk>
> Subject: Audiomedia III In tha House!!!
> Date: Friday, February 21, 1997 1:34 AM
>=20
> The purpose of this message is to take my hat off to Jordan and Dan.=20
> Folks, I was out of options and pretty frustrated. I sent out an SOS=20
> (enter Police jam.."message on a seeeerver..") and both of these=20
> outstanding fellow Cubase brothers came through.
>=20
> I reinstalled Cubase with AM III-specific drivers (NOT supplied by=20
> Steinberg OR Digidesign!!! both attached to e-mail these fine gents=20
> sent) ready for combat. When I finally got in there again... BANG!=20
> Cubase was setup for Audiomedia III and perfectly functional=20
> simultaneous record and playback--which I tested and found to be =20
> of astounding state-of-the-art sound reproduction.
>=20
> For those of you considering the AM III card, MAKE SURE YOU obtain =
the=20
> DRIVER zip from the Digidesign website!!! You will have to reinstall=20
> Cubase with the specific drivers in your C:/windows/system directory.=20
> The wave driver is a piece of sh%& and has the equivalent =
functionality=20
> of an Aptiva M-Wave card!!!
>=20
> My only lingering question is this... I have disabled my Wave drivers =

> for the piece of shit M-Wave card that came with my computer. =20
> Essentially, in the Multimedia app in Control Panel, there is NO =
wave=20
> device selected, I have it on "None" for both In and Out. So how in=20
> the hell is my system still managing to play waves from other=20
> applications? Is the DSP thing providing a wave driver of sorts?
>=20
> Once again BRAVO to Dan and Jordan.. I guess that's what this list =
is=20
> all about.. I'm absolutely thrilled I can turn to you folks and get=20
> answers. If there's anything I can do for you in the future, please =
do=20
> not hesitate to contact me!! I'll keep yall posted as to the=20
> functionality of the AM-III and Cubase 3.03 on my P-133 (32 MB RAM) =
PC.=20
> Also, Jordan, will AM III be fully supported in VST also??
>=20
> Peace out
>=20
> MJ
> .-

Markus Stadelmann

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

Hi MJ,

the initialisation Problem also apears,

- if the printer is switched off
- if the printer port is switched to FAX output (modem)

"Sometimes I have to do this to FAX a letter written in Microsoft Word and
then it is possible I forget to switch it back to the LPT Port."
In both cases the dongle (hardware key) can't be found.

bye
Markus Stadelmann
mstad...@logon.ch