Star Trek Discovery Canceled

1 view

superkuh

Mar 3, 2023, 11:45:16 AM3/3/23
It's finally happened. Yes, it'll get a season 5, but no season 6. Whew.

https://tvline.com/2023/03/02/star-trek-discovery-cancelled-season-5-no-season-6-paramount-plus/

Ant

Mar 3, 2023, 11:33:30 PM3/3/23
superkuh <supe...@superkuh.com> wrote:
> It's finally happened. Yes, it'll get a season 5, but no season 6. Whew.

> https://tvline.com/2023/03/02/star-trek-discovery-cancelled-season-5-no-season-6-paramount-plus/

Picard S3 is finally good though.
--
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation." --Colossians 1:15. Finally, warm sun 4 da 3-body colony to go out 2 forage/shop, move, eat, cut hairs, less humans, etc. yesterday. No rain 4 a couple wks.? No naps 4 days 2.
| |o o| |

Daniel65

Mar 4, 2023, 4:21:40 AM3/4/23
superkuh wrote on 4/3/23 3:45 am:
> It's finally happened. Yes, it'll get a season 5, but no season 6.
> Whew.
>
> https://tvline.com/2023/03/02/star-trek-discovery-cancelled-season-5-no-season-6-paramount-plus/

Hmm! I don't know what series we've had here in Australia, but which
ever season it was, it ended with the U.S.S. Discovery and Crew zapping
off into the future .... so I took THAT to be the end of the Series!

How many Seasons can I look forward to before I get to the real end??
--
Daniel

pH

Mar 5, 2023, 12:02:13 AM3/5/23
I've enjoyed what I've seen of Strange New Worlds on youtube clips, too.
Never warmed up to Discovery.

pH

Kurt Weiske

Mar 5, 2023, 12:36:40 PM3/5/23
To: Daniel65 -=> Daniel65 wrote to alt.startrek <=- Da> [34m [1mFrom Newsgroup [34m: [36malt.startrek Da> Hmm! I don't know what series we've had here in Australia, but which Da> ever season it was, it ended with the U.S.S. Discovery and Crew zapping Da> off into the future .... so I took THAT to be the end of the Series! That was season 2. In retrospect, that would have been a good ending, but season 3 was entertaining. kurt weiske | kweiske at realitycheckbbs dot org | http://realitycheckbbs.org | 1:218/700@fidonet ... Discover your formulas and abandon them --- MultiMail/Win v0.52 --- Synchronet 3.20a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113 * realitycheckBBS - Aptos, CA - telnet://realitycheckbbs.org

Daniel65

Mar 6, 2023, 3:17:29 AM3/6/23
Kurt Weiske wrote on 5/3/23 4:02 am:
> To: Daniel65 -=> Daniel65 wrote to alt.startrek <=-
>
> Da> [0m [34m [1mFrom Newsgroup [0m [34m: [1m [36malt.startrek [0m
>
> Da> Hmm! I don't know what series we've had here in Australia, but
> which ever season it was, it ended with the U.S.S. Discovery and Crew
> zapping off into the future .... so I took THAT to be the end of the
> Series!
>
> That was season 2. In retrospect, that would have been a good ending,
> but season 3 was entertaining.

O.K., so I still have something to look towards! ;-P
--
Daniel

superkuh

Mar 6, 2023, 1:57:43 PM3/6/23
On 03/03/2023 10:33 PM, Ant wrote:> Picard S3 is finally good though.

I wasn't going to watch any of Picard season 3. The prior seasons were
just so bad that it degraded the TNG/DS9 characters. On your advice I
watched Picard S03E01 through S03E03 last night.

It's the same bullshit and has no joy or humor or humanity. It's just
constant drama, cynical quips, currency/poverty characters, and a dark
view of humanity and the federation. It is very much not star trek.

I do not recommend watching Picard season 3.

pH

Mar 6, 2023, 7:39:12 PM3/6/23
It sounds like the series, instead of serving as a beacon inspiration and
hopeful aspirations, as the old series was, is simply a reflection of our
times.

I wonder if an optimistic outlook would even get viewership in our cynical
age. (They're not after my demographic, they want the young, monied viewer
with cash to spend--or phone to tap as the case may be.)

pH in Aptos

Benjamin Esham

May 8, 2023, 9:49:10 PM5/8/23
My main thought for most of the season was, "this is so stupid." In addition
to the things you point out, a lot of the plot seemed contrived to the point
of being nonsensical. And yet--the last couple of episodes leaned in *hard*
to nostalgia, and I have to say that they pulled it off well enough that I
stopped paying attention to how little sense everything made. I don't think
the last couple of episodes were *good*, exactly, but I was so absorbed that
I didn't care.

Benjamin