Strange New Worlds S02E09

a cat

Aug 4, 2023, 11:57:30 AM8/4/23
I suspect this will be controversial. How did you all like it?

I don't really like musicals, but I was surprised at how excited I was
for this, and... IT BLEW ME AWAY!

It was so good, and omg THE KLINGONS. I haven't laughed that hard in a
long time. And I was surprised there was an actual narrative weaving
through the episode!

What did you guys think?

Wouter Valentijn

Aug 4, 2023, 1:06:10 PM8/4/23
Op 4-8-2023 om 17:57 schreef a cat:
I loved it! Clearly inspired by Buffy's "Once More With Feeling."
The producers even said so.

--
Wouter Valentijn

Xander: "I'm a Comfortador also."
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (s04e22): Restless

http://www.nksf.nl/

liam=mail

Ant

Aug 4, 2023, 10:26:31 PM8/4/23
Ditto. They need to make a live action musical show like Avengers.
--
"Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, 'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.'" --Mark 6:31. Somewhat slammy Fri. since 5 AM PDT with a hurty left leg (until 8 AM PDT after a >1.2 mi. walk).
| |o o| |

superkuh

Aug 6, 2023, 8:23:44 PM8/6/23
I don't like musicals. The mechanism of the plot was better than I
thought it would be in that it wasn't intrinsically 4th wall breaking.
But it is suspension of disbelief breaking. More of a show of the skills
of the actors than an episode about the characters.

a cat

Aug 7, 2023, 3:27:58 PM8/7/23
Yeah it was a little immersion breaking, wasn't it? But for me the
payoff was enough that it's a net positive in my book.

I guess NG and DS9 have some "musical" episodes that weren't as overt.
Both focused much more on the plot but had performances and singing
throughout.