Star Trek The Lower Decks S03E09 was everything I wanted.

1 view

superkuh

Oct 21, 2022, 1:31:15 AM10/21/22
Following up on those old TNG plots with a semi-serious tone and
exploring corners of the trek universe so far tragically underused. I
won't spoil it since it's worth watching.

If you haven't been watching The Lower Decks because it seems like a
silly comedy only, give it a try. It's real trek. And good trek at that.

pH

Oct 21, 2022, 7:01:36 PM10/21/22
I had been avoiding it since I had assumed that it would be hopelessly
juvenile and "woke" and not at all "Trekian" (TOS and STNG).

Thank-you for this opinion...I'll go give it a try....

pH in Aptos, CA

ClayDaemon

Jan 3, 2023, 7:09:16 PM1/3/23
It is definitely not like the NuTrek you are referring to. I highly
recommend both Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks. Some quality Trek in
there.

Ant

Jan 4, 2023, 10:46:05 PM1/4/23
I didn't laugh in its first episode. Did it get better?
--
"Joshua told the people, 'Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.'" --Joshua 3:5. So many eye glasses & old 3.5" disks discovered in the nest! :O
| |o o| |

superkuh

Jan 11, 2023, 11:26:45 PM1/11/23
On 01/04/2023 09:46 PM, Ant wrote:
> I didn't laugh in its first episode. Did it get better?

Yes. I thought it was going to be stupid slapstick making fun of trek
the first few episodes. But it becomes actual trek that happens to be funny.

Ant

Jan 12, 2023, 1:29:05 AM1/12/23
What episode does that start? I could try again after E1.
--
"For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake." --2 Corinthians 4:5. +1 life level (7 remember 2day + 2 not 2day [7 colony members + 2 buds] so far). My older body is still having allergies during cold rainy winter weather. :(

pH

Jan 13, 2023, 9:05:25 PM1/13/23
On 2023-01-12, Ant <a...@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> superkuh <supe...@superkuh.com> wrote:
>> On 01/04/2023 09:46 PM, Ant wrote:
>> > I didn't laugh in its first episode. Did it get better?
>
>> Yes. I thought it was going to be stupid slapstick making fun of trek
>> the first few episodes. But it becomes actual trek that happens to be funny.
>
> What episode does that start? I could try again after E1.

I dunno...I remain to be convinced and still find it sad. Ie: trying to
appeal to generation Z or whatever the most recent crop of cellular phone
obsessed kids is.....

pH in Aptos