Vulcans on Trek

teak

Jul 2, 2003, 10:22:10 AM7/2/03
Back inthe Day we saw Vulcans as the spiritual side of star trek. Now
they seem like Romulans. It would be nice to see a return of that
Vulcan Spirtuality.
What kind of stupid thing was that with Mind Melding? That epsiode
should have never happened.

In Unity
Tino

Logomachist

Jul 11, 2003, 4:40:14 PM7/11/03
teak wrote:

>Back inthe Day we saw Vulcans as the spiritual side of star trek. Now
>they seem like Romulans. It would be nice to see a return of that
>Vulcan Spirtuality.

Hey I liked that episode! It helped put that whole "Spock's long
lost brother" thing in context.

As for the portrayal of the Vulcans, I don't like it either. Too
emotional. But they were never the spiritual side of Trek; they were
always coldhearted logical unfeeling sages. Now we're seeing another
side of them, and it helps illustrate some of thier spiritual
development which is good... but... too emotional. And meldaphobic.

Anupam K. Sinha

Jul 16, 2003, 4:01:15 AM7/16/03
I would like to see a Vulcan in the mould of Sarek. Someone who is
Logical and quite. Tuvok was the last Vulcan I saw and i Liked him.

webspoc

Jul 17, 2003, 4:59:35 AM7/17/03
Hi i'm new to all this but I have to agree that the Vulcans are protrayed
unfairly. Did the writers of "Enterprise" have something against Vulcans at
the start?
They are the spiritual side of Star Trek- has anyone else noticed the
similarities between Spok and jesus?
"Logomachist" <rob.th...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Logomachist

Jul 23, 2003, 7:15:03 PM7/23/03
Noooooooo. Spock and Jesus?.

Stuart Grey

Jan 20, 2007, 1:30:44 PM1/20/07

I agree.

Enterprise should never have happened. Vulcans are the best aliens on
Star Trek.

Stuart Grey

Jan 20, 2007, 1:33:22 PM1/20/07
webspoc wrote:
> Hi i'm new to all this but I have to agree that the Vulcans are protrayed
> unfairly. Did the writers of "Enterprise" have something against Vulcans at
> the start?
> They are the spiritual side of Star Trek- has anyone else noticed the
> similarities between Spok and jesus?

Uhhh, no. I did not, nor do I see much similar between them since you
brought it up.

Jesus didn't use the Vulcan nerve pinch and take part in fights, for one.

Greywolf

May 1, 2009, 12:50:54 PM5/1/09
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:15:03 +0000, Logomachist wrote:

> Noooooooo. Spock and Jesus?.

Yar, that kinda puzzled me, too. Now *Surak*, maybe. Except, without
all the superstition and mumbo-jumbo that most people surround
christianity with.

"The spear in the Other's heart is the spear in your own, for you are
he. There is no other hope for us, but that we grow wise." --Surak

Rather pertinent words these days, don't you think?

Greywolf, who definitely liked Spock the best, but considers Tim Russ did
a lovely job as Tuvok, resisting the Berman effect. ;-)>