[OT] Are Doctors More Dangerous than Guns?

1 view

Celes Knight

Mar 30, 2002, 5:52:13 PM3/30/02
Number of physicians in the US:
700,000.

Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:
120,000 (AMA).

Accidental deaths per physician:
0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.
Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
dangerous than gun owners.

"FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at
least one Doctor." Please alert your friends to this alarming
threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

As a Public Health Measure, I have withheld the statistic
on Lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to
seek medical aid.

Dalton

Mar 30, 2002, 7:02:18 PM3/30/02

You are aware, of course, that the pro-gun nuts like Deimos creatively
snip it and try to use it as a valid argument against gun control?

--
Rob "Roby" Dalton
http://daltonator.net

"This is academia, dear...we only preach freedom of speech,
not practice it." ---Non Sequitur

Matthew Hyde

Mar 30, 2002, 7:45:57 PM3/30/02
Celes Knight wrote:

> Number of physicians in the US:
> 700,000.
>
> Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:
> 120,000 (AMA).
>
> Accidental deaths per physician:
> 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)
>
> Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
> Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.
> Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
>
> Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
> dangerous than gun owners.

"Statistically," but gunners don't aim their guns and fire at however
many people see a doctor in day

Paradox

Mar 30, 2002, 8:28:55 PM3/30/02

"Matthew Hyde" <mdo...@mtu.edu> wrote in message

Yeah, the MTBF for each item makes this unfair.

Its like saying that normal headlights burn out more then brights, of course
they will, because they are used more.

Matthew Hyde

Mar 30, 2002, 8:35:15 PM3/30/02
Paradox wrote:

> "Matthew Hyde" <mdo...@mtu.edu> wrote in message
> > Celes Knight wrote:
> > >
> > > Number of physicians in the US:
> > > 700,000.
> > >
> > > Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:
> > > 120,000 (AMA).
> > >
> > > Accidental deaths per physician:
> > > 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)
> > >
> > > Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
> > > Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.
> > > Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
> > >
> > > Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
> > > dangerous than gun owners.
> > >
> > "Statistically," but gunners don't aim their guns and fire at however
> > many people see a doctor in day
>
> Yeah, the MTBF for each item makes this unfair.

Mean... Transient... Behavioral... Floob?

Matthew Hyde

Mar 30, 2002, 8:37:38 PM3/30/02
Matthew Hyde wrote:

> Mean... Transient... Behavioral... Floob?

AH! Mean Time Between Fucking! Yeah!

Doomriser

Mar 30, 2002, 8:46:56 PM3/30/02
I'm glad I read this report. I'll make sure I just shoot myself in the
affected area next time since guns are obviously safer than doctors. I mean,
it's not like only sick, wounded, and dying people go to the doctor while
guns prematurely end the lives of many young and healthy humans.

On the other hand, at least guns don't bitch at me about my personal habits
and then try to push drugs on me.

-=Doomriser

Paradox

Mar 30, 2002, 9:12:38 PM3/30/02

> Matthew Hyde wrote:
> >

> > Mean... Transient... Behavioral... Floob?
>
> AH! Mean Time Between Fucking! Yeah!

Mean time between failure :\

Stim Neuro

Mar 30, 2002, 9:57:25 PM3/30/02
Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6520A...@daltonator.net>...

> Celes Knight wrote:
> >
> > Number of physicians in the US:
> > 700,000.
> >
> > Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:
> > 120,000 (AMA).
> >
> > Accidental deaths per physician:
> > 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)
> >
> > Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
> > Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.
> > Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
> >
> > Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
> > dangerous than gun owners.
> >
> > "FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at
> > least one Doctor." Please alert your friends to this alarming
> > threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.
> >
> > As a Public Health Measure, I have withheld the statistic
> > on Lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to
> > seek medical aid.

> You are aware, of course, that the pro-gun nuts like Deimos creatively
> snip it and try to use it as a valid argument against gun control?

"Gun Control- The theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight
with 210lb. rapists."

Matthew Hyde

Mar 30, 2002, 10:08:10 PM3/30/02

Damn! I knew that. I hate when that happens!

Dalton

Mar 30, 2002, 10:19:59 PM3/30/02

"Gun Control- The theory that prevents 100lb. mentally unstable and
seriously delusional stupid people from acquiring a device that can kill
many people."

Gun control should be based on intelligence and psychological tests.

Matthew Hyde

Mar 30, 2002, 10:23:48 PM3/30/02
Check out "Mullets 'n' Guns" on http://www.mulletsgalore.com. Too
funny--but scary!

Smoke em if ya got em

Durandal

Mar 31, 2002, 12:00:23 AM3/31/02

You are, of course, aware that all the doctors of the US have
contributed significantly and directly to the health and well-being of
Americans everywhere, whereas all guns do is kill people?

--
Damien Sorresso
[AOL: durandal64] | [ICQ: 12183859]

"The speed of light has nothing to do with gravitational attraction."
-Karate Squid

Sir Nitram

Mar 31, 2002, 12:02:04 AM3/31/02
>You are, of course, aware that all the doctors of the US have
>contributed significantly and directly to the health and well-being of
>Americans everywhere, whereas all guns do is kill people?

Joke. JOKE. Note link at end of post.
--
SirNitram
ASVS Small Gods Keeper and Amateur Genius

The most powerful attack of them all...

DALTONDOKEN!

Brought to you by cheese.

Charles Sonnenburg

Mar 31, 2002, 12:50:11 AM3/31/02
Anatomy of a joke

"Celes Knight" <NOknig...@rconnectNO.SPcomAM> wrote in message

> Number of physicians in the US:
> 700,000.
>
> Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:
> 120,000 (AMA).
>
> Accidental deaths per physician:
> 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)

This is the set up. It establishes a group of facts and an initial
conclusion.

> Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
> Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.
> Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

The set up continues by adding seemingly similar but obviously unrelated
data to the mix to do a repeat comparison. With both in place the
preparation is complete.

> Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
> dangerous than gun owners.

The writer then uses the unrelated comparison to reach a seemingly correct
but in fact flawed comparison between two things that are only superficially
similar. This in turn leads to a bizarre conclusion.

> "FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at
> least one Doctor." Please alert your friends to this alarming
> threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

The writer then takes it further by using this bizarre conclusion as a
justification for an even more bizarre action. By associating the bizarre
with an issue related to one of the statistics brought up, and therefore
relating two completely unconnected things, an attempt at humor is made.
The attempt is solely for levity and not an actual suggestion or anecdote,
as jokes are often exagerated for humor sake.

> As a Public Health Measure, I have withheld the statistic
> on Lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to
> seek medical aid.

Takes the joke a step further two-fold. Bringing a lawyer into a joke,
particular in reference to anything unscrupulous, corrupt, dangerous or
despicable, is the icing on a joke cake, if you'll pardon the metaphor. The
second is by using the lawyer part to refer back to the bizarre conclusion
in an indirect way, thus using allusion as a form of humor as well.

Here the writer provides the final reminder that it's a joke.

Arthur Tuxedo

Mar 31, 2002, 12:57:07 AM3/31/02
Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6805F...@daltonator.net>...

Be nice if it actually worked, wouldn't it? Too bad gun control
doesn't make all those millions of guns already in existence magically
disappear, it just keeps them in criminal hands who don't care how
many regulations they're breaking instead of law-abiding ones...

P.S. I respect you a lot, Dalton, and I REALLY don't want to get into
a bad argument about this. Just giving my point of view, take it or
leave it.

Dalton

Mar 31, 2002, 1:03:08 AM3/31/02

It really would, ya know? It really would.

> Too bad gun control
> doesn't make all those millions of guns already in existence magically
> disappear, it just keeps them in criminal hands who don't care how
> many regulations they're breaking instead of law-abiding ones...

Oh, I know that too. Which is why I think cops should get assault rifles
and rocket launchers ;)

> P.S. I respect you a lot, Dalton, and I REALLY don't want to get into
> a bad argument about this. Just giving my point of view, take it or
> leave it.

Nah, don't worry about it. I take this issue lightheartedly.

Azrael

Mar 31, 2002, 1:43:19 AM3/31/02
"Celes Knight" <NOknig...@rconnectNO.SPcomAM> wrote in message
[snip]

Is it already time for our yearly gun control flamefest?

Azrael

Mar 31, 2002, 1:45:04 AM3/31/02
"Dalton" <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message

Many killers have high intelligence, and psychological tests can defeated.
:)

Azrael

Mar 31, 2002, 1:47:17 AM3/31/02
"Durandal" <duran...@mac.com> wrote in message

> Celes Knight wrote:
> > Number of physicians in the US:
> > 700,000.
> >
> > Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year:
> > 120,000 (AMA).
> >
> > Accidental deaths per physician:
> > 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)
> >
> > Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
> > Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.
> > Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188
> >
> > Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more
> > dangerous than gun owners.
> >
> > "FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at
> > least one Doctor." Please alert your friends to this alarming
> > threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.
> >
> > As a Public Health Measure, I have withheld the statistic
> > on Lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to
> > seek medical aid.

> You are, of course, aware that all the doctors of the US have
> contributed significantly and directly to the health and well-being of
> Americans everywhere, whereas all guns do is kill people?

Guns can be used for more than killing. Ever here of sport shooting? Gun
collecting?

Dalton

Mar 31, 2002, 1:46:25 AM3/31/02

You're just saying that coz you love me.

Azrael

Mar 31, 2002, 2:00:22 AM3/31/02
"Dalton" <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message

Not today. Today I hate everyone.

Dalton

Mar 31, 2002, 2:02:08 AM3/31/02

bad day at the salon:

Azrael

Mar 31, 2002, 2:21:52 AM3/31/02
"Dalton" <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message

You have no idea :)

Carcharodon

Mar 31, 2002, 2:33:36 AM3/31/02

Dalton

Mar 31, 2002, 3:12:45 AM3/31/02

Yeah, that Martha is such a bitch! And I broke a nail!

Arthur Tuxedo

Mar 31, 2002, 5:25:28 AM3/31/02
Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6A69C...@daltonator.net>...

*Scratches head* Wait, hold on... trying to figure how this statement
ties in to mine. Okay, I think I have it. You think I'm like Marina
believing that M249's should be legal for civilian use, right? I was
just talking about handguns. I don't think it should be OK for people
to have assault rifles and rocket launchers. That would make me a
nutjob :)

> > P.S. I respect you a lot, Dalton, and I REALLY don't want to get into
> > a bad argument about this. Just giving my point of view, take it or
> > leave it.
>
> Nah, don't worry about it. I take this issue lightheartedly.

Good, well then prepare the asbestos suit j/k

Dalton

Mar 31, 2002, 6:12:16 AM3/31/02

Not quite.

> I was
> just talking about handguns. I don't think it should be OK for people
> to have assault rifles and rocket launchers. That would make me a
> nutjob :)

That it would! :) But the problem most people have with handguns is that
they're easily concealed.

> > > P.S. I respect you a lot, Dalton, and I REALLY don't want to get into
> > > a bad argument about this. Just giving my point of view, take it or
> > > leave it.
> >
> > Nah, don't worry about it. I take this issue lightheartedly.
>
> Good, well then prepare the asbestos suit j/k

muhahaha

Doomriser

Mar 31, 2002, 9:06:56 AM3/31/02

> Check out "Mullets 'n' Guns" on http://www.mulletsgalore.com. Too
> funny--but scary!
>
> Smoke em if ya got em
Or more relevant to the thread:
http://www.gunsforkids.com/index.phtml?Guns_Session=ebae798b0d22cf34af736198
2266a845

-=Doomriser

Doomriser

Mar 31, 2002, 9:51:37 AM3/31/02
"Carcharodon" <dol...@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
> www.guncite.com

I love the way the site uses ONE doctor's studies for almost every page on
their site!

-=Doomriser

Matthew Hyde

Mar 31, 2002, 12:13:17 PM3/31/02
Cops already get assault rifles. I saw it in "Heat."

Matthew Hyde

Mar 31, 2002, 12:15:59 PM3/31/02
Azrael wrote:

<snip>

> Guns can be used for more than killing. Ever here of sport shooting? Gun
> collecting?

Boring! I wanna go kill stuff! Fuck sports!

Matthew Hyde

Mar 31, 2002, 12:19:44 PM3/31/02
Charles Sonnenburg wrote:

<SNIP?

> Here the writer provides the final reminder that it's a joke.

Yah, but it wasn't funny :9 and besides, people who shall remain
nameless, like Deimos and Mark "Mark IV Mod 1" Sheppard take this shit
seriously. I bet there are those who grab the numbers and snip the "it's
a joke, folks" and try to actually argue with this as uh, ammunition.
Best not to tell jokes on ASVS, lol.

Charles Sonnenburg

Mar 31, 2002, 1:06:06 PM3/31/02

> Charles Sonnenburg wrote:
> >
> <SNIP?
>
> > Here the writer provides the final reminder that it's a joke.
>
> Yah, but it wasn't funny :9 and besides, people who shall remain
> nameless, like Deimos and Mark "Mark IV Mod 1" Sheppard take this shit
> seriously.
The village idiot and the convicted felon? That these guys take it
seriously is the best joke of all.
The problem is what's called the proximity rule of humor; if you associate a
joke with a seirous issue the humor hurdle is raised. I'm thinking about
writing a book on this kind of stuff because of how common it is on the
Internet..

Arthur Tuxedo

Mar 31, 2002, 2:56:07 PM3/31/02
Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6EF10...@daltonator.net>...

> Arthur Tuxedo wrote:
> >
> > Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6A69C...@daltonator.net>...

[snip]

> > > It really would, ya know? It really would.

> > > Oh, I know that too. Which is why I think cops should get assault rifles
> > > and rocket launchers ;)
> >
> > *Scratches head* Wait, hold on... trying to figure how this statement
> > ties in to mine. Okay, I think I have it. You think I'm like Marina
> > believing that M249's should be legal for civilian use, right?
>
> Not quite.

Ah, so it was just a light-hearted joke that had nothing to do with
anything and not a parody of my position? Well why didn't you say so!
:)

> > I was
> > just talking about handguns. I don't think it should be OK for people
> > to have assault rifles and rocket launchers. That would make me a
> > nutjob :)
>
> That it would! :) But the problem most people have with handguns is that
> they're easily concealed.

Yes, but so are sawed-off shotguns, and the rate of survival of close
range shotgun wounds is a hell of a lot lower than pistols, especially
the .22 peashooters a lot of criminals seem fond of. Besides, gun
control laws in the past haven't had any consistent effect on violent
crime. Sometimes the crime went up, sometimes down, just what you
would expect to happen when something has no effect.

Dalton

Mar 31, 2002, 3:12:11 PM3/31/02

Grr, I don't like having to work for funny!

> > > I was
> > > just talking about handguns. I don't think it should be OK for people
> > > to have assault rifles and rocket launchers. That would make me a
> > > nutjob :)
> >
> > That it would! :) But the problem most people have with handguns is that
> > they're easily concealed.
>
> Yes, but so are sawed-off shotguns, and the rate of survival of close
> range shotgun wounds is a hell of a lot lower than pistols, especially
> the .22 peashooters a lot of criminals seem fond of. Besides, gun
> control laws in the past haven't had any consistent effect on violent
> crime. Sometimes the crime went up, sometimes down, just what you
> would expect to happen when something has no effect.

Do THEY know this?

Celes Knight

Mar 31, 2002, 5:33:14 PM3/31/02
> You are, of course, aware that all the doctors of the US have
> contributed significantly and directly to the health and well-being of
> Americans everywhere, whereas all guns do is kill people?

Actually, guns have also contributed significantly, if more indirectly, to
the health, well-being, and existence of American's everywhere. I could
list them, but you already know them, won't be convinced by them, and I
don't want to start any more of a flame fest then I already unintentionally
did. As Sir Nitram said, I was making a joke.

Celes Knight

Mar 31, 2002, 5:37:04 PM3/31/02
> The problem is what's called the proximity rule of humor; if you associate
> joke with a seirous issue the humor hurdle is raised. I'm thinking about
> writing a book on this kind of stuff

I might buy that book. Do you have a web page on it--it's vaguely
interesting.

>because of how common it is on the Internet..

And it's not common at professional comedy acts? Or in Boondocks, Doonsbury
and B.C.?

John Hansen

Mar 31, 2002, 5:42:58 PM3/31/02
"Celes Knight" opened Pandora's Box (cleverly disguised as Re: [OT] Are Doctors
More Dangerous than Guns?) on Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:33:14 GMT...

Well, I seem to remember a certain part of World War II, where a Japanese
general (allegedly) said that if the continental US was invaded, "there would be
a rifle hiding behind every blade of grass."

Hence the weather-balloon bombs.

--
Remove socks when replying via E-mail

Sea Skimmer

Mar 31, 2002, 7:36:37 PM3/31/02
Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6805F...@daltonator.net>...
> Stim Neuro wrote:
> >
> > Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6520A...@daltonator.net>...

> > > You are aware, of course, that the pro-gun nuts like Deimos creatively
> > > snip it and try to use it as a valid argument against gun control?
> >
> > "Gun Control- The theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight
> > with 210lb. rapists."
>
> "Gun Control- The theory that prevents 100lb. mentally unstable and
> seriously delusional stupid people from acquiring a device that can kill
> many people."

They can still kill with a knife or many other things. Such a person
should not b walking the streets. A ban on guns in Japan did not stop
a crazed man from killing 11 Children and injurying another 30 with a
knife.

C.S.Strowbridge

Mar 31, 2002, 10:51:30 PM3/31/02
Charles Sonnenburg wrote:

> Anatomy of a joke

<SNIP!>

At least is stopped the Palestinian / Israeli flame war I accidentally
started.

C.S.Strowbridge

Azrael

Apr 1, 2002, 12:44:10 AM4/1/02
"Dalton" <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message

Do not mock me, I can do that just fine on my own.

Dalton

Apr 1, 2002, 12:47:19 AM4/1/02

Go ahead and stop me, sweetums :)

Azrael

Apr 1, 2002, 12:52:50 AM4/1/02
"Dalton" <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message

I've already poisoned your donoughts. Bile will soon be spewing forth from
both ends. Enjoy. :)

Dalton

Apr 1, 2002, 12:55:33 AM4/1/02

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Matthew Hyde

Apr 1, 2002, 9:22:39 AM4/1/02
> I've already poisoned your donoughts. Bile will soon be spewing forth from
> both ends. ...

And that changes Dalton... How?

Matthew Hyde

Apr 1, 2002, 9:25:13 AM4/1/02
You know that Japan was under martial law right, and the whole
population was more or less militarized, if not mobilized? I am tired of
hearing this "historical commonplace" tale of the Japanese general who
expressed even a little fear of W. Coast civilians just because some of
them owned guns.

Matthew Hyde

Apr 1, 2002, 9:26:23 AM4/1/02
Charles Sonnenburg wrote:

> "Matthew Hyde" <mdo...@mtu.edu> wrote in message
> > Charles Sonnenburg wrote:
> > >
> > <SNIP?
> >
> > > Here the writer provides the final reminder that it's a joke.
> >
> > Yah, but it wasn't funny :9 and besides, people who shall remain
> > nameless, like Deimos and Mark "Mark IV Mod 1" Sheppard take this shit
> > seriously.
> The village idiot and the convicted felon? That these guys take it
> seriously is the best joke of all.

Yep! But see how they dance around to places where the populace is
unaware of their reps and histories...

> The problem is what's called the proximity rule of humor; if you associate a
> joke with a seirous issue the humor hurdle is raised. I'm thinking about
> writing a book on this kind of stuff because of how common it is on the
> Internet..

UNCLE! Jeeze that's 3 in a row, hehehe.

John Hansen

Mar 25, 2002, 11:13:58 AM3/25/02
"Matthew Hyde" opened Pandora's Box (cleverly disguised as Re: [OT] Are Doctors
More Dangerous than Guns?) on Mon, 01 Apr 2002 09:25:13 -0500...

Did you notice the (allegedly)? I wasn't quite sure as to the quote's
authenticity.

Matthew Hyde

Apr 1, 2002, 11:18:47 AM4/1/02
John Hansen wrote:

Oh I wasn't pickin on you, but that's like the 5th time I've seen that story this week

Phong Nguyen

Apr 1, 2002, 2:22:34 PM4/1/02
Matthew Hyde <mdo...@mtu.edu> wrote in news:3CA86DC9...@mtu.edu:

Admiral Yamamoto did indeed warn of that. He could be mirror imaging
though, assuming that the US would be like Japan if invaded.

It's really irrelevant, though, since Japan had not the logistical
capability to invade the US.

Arthur Tuxedo

Apr 1, 2002, 4:20:15 PM4/1/02
Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA76D9B...@daltonator.net>...

Probably not. Doesn't really matter, though. The point is that if we
could somehow make it extremely difficult for criminals to get
handguns, most of them would just switch to sawed-offs.

Arthur Tuxedo

Apr 1, 2002, 4:29:31 PM4/1/02
seaski...@hotmail.com (Sea Skimmer) wrote in message news:<5189920.02033...@posting.google.com>...

> Dalton <r...@daltonator.net> wrote in message news:<3CA6805F...@daltonator.net>...
> > Stim Neuro wrote:

[snip]

> > > "Gun Control- The theory that 110lb. women should have to fistfight
> > > with 210lb. rapists."
> >
> > "Gun Control- The theory that prevents 100lb. mentally unstable and
> > seriously delusional stupid people from acquiring a device that can kill
> > many people."
>
> They can still kill with a knife or many other things. Such a person
> should not b walking the streets. A ban on guns in Japan did not stop
> a crazed man from killing 11 Children and injurying another 30 with a
> knife.

A man with a knife can be stopped a lot easier than someone with a
gun. Notice how the guy only killed children? Killing someone with a
knife isn't just a matter of sticking them and watching them die. If
you pay attention to descriptions of knife murders, you'll see that
the victims were usually stabbed 30 or more times before they died.
Also, a gun adds a certain amount of detachment. It takes a lot less
courage to pull a trigger than to bludgeon someone to death.

I may be against most gun control, but I don't buy the argument that
it's just as easy to kill someone without a gun as with. My problem
with most gun control is that it doesn't work and it disempowers the
populace. Now, I'm not one of these nutjobs who thinks the gov't is
gonna throw out the bill of rights the minute our guns are gone, but
who can tell what is gonna happen decades from now? A lot of shit can
go down in 30 years, and I'd rather see a population that can handle
itself if it hit the fan.

Matthew Hyde

Apr 1, 2002, 6:07:13 PM4/1/02
So, the question is, should I get a Beretta, or a Glock?

Arthur Tuxedo

Apr 1, 2002, 8:37:51 PM4/1/02
Matthew Hyde <mdo...@mtu.edu> wrote in message news:<3CA8E821...@mtu.edu>...

> So, the question is, should I get a Beretta, or a Glock?

Why choose? Get both :)

Matthew Hyde

Apr 1, 2002, 8:40:22 PM4/1/02

heheh. I like rugers too. The big aluminum ones.