Movies On Star Trek

Tom Sprouse

Dec 19, 2004, 9:43:16 PM12/19/04
I thought there was a talk about on ds9 movies. Are there suppose to be any
movies for Voyager and DS9 together? Are there any going to be Enterprise
Movies from the television show the Enterprise?

David B.

Dec 20, 2004, 1:38:39 AM12/20/04
Tom Sprouse wrote:

The last time Berman mentioned plans for a possible new Star Trek film he said
it was going to be a movie set before the original series and after Enterprise
with a movie only crew.

Gisele

Dec 20, 2004, 2:41:29 AM12/20/04

--

Nothing is set in stone right now. If you love DS9, go here:

http://www.ds9movie.trekster.us

Gisele

John Savard

Dec 20, 2004, 11:16:16 AM12/20/04
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:38:39 -0800, "David B." <both...@hotmail.com>
wrote, in part:

>The last time Berman mentioned plans for a possible new Star Trek film he said
>it was going to be a movie set before the original series and after Enterprise
>with a movie only crew.

As long as it isn't a teen movie about the hijinks of a young Kirk,
Spock, and McCoy in Starfleet Academy, that might not be a _total_
disaster.

But I would still not recommend the idea. Even with a cameo appearance
by Scott Bakula made up to look like an 80-year-old Archer. Or,
conversely, if it was a movie about Pike's Enterprise before Spock
joined the crew. (Of course, the NCC-1701 Enterprise had a captain
before Pike, who appeared once on the *animated* series as Commodore
Robert April. But can they still find all those surplus Picturephone
sets...)

John Savard

Steve Conrad

Dec 25, 2004, 5:49:47 PM12/25/04
In article <41C6736...@hotmail.com>, "David B."
<both...@hotmail.com> wrote:

-> In other words, a flop. You simply can not use more modern stuff and
still get a pre-TOS feel. The stuff looke too new (Enterprise is merely an
Akira-class ship turned upside down).

Steve

--
It is no secret (nor should it come as any surprise) that humankind's most noble impulses often surface during the most tyring of times, that human spirit rises to the challenge when faced with adversity, that human strength is born from human failings...Is it any wonder, then, that the SDF-1 crew became a tighter family after the fortress had been exiled than it had been before?
From the log of Captain (later Admiral) Henry Gloval

Steve Conrad

Dec 25, 2004, 5:51:07 PM12/25/04
In article <41c6f974...@news.ecn.ab.ca>,
jsa...@excxn.aNOSPAMb.cdn.invalid (John Savard) wrote:

-> ANd, to be technical, April was adopted into the Star Trek Canon by
Roddenberry,

Steve

> John Savard
> http://home.ecn.ab.ca/~jsavard/index.html

trekfan

May 31, 2005, 7:41:57 PM5/31/05

"John Savard" <jsa...@excxn.aNOSPAMb.cdn.invalid> wrote in message

I think they should make a movie that explains the beginnings of the Borg.
They began when man combined with v'ger in the first movie, right?

Wouter Valentijn

Jun 9, 2005, 2:14:06 PM6/9/05

Nope.
Although Gene Roddenberry ones joked (afaik) that v'ger was upgraded on the
Borg homeworld.
And some novels seem to refer to it.
All of this is not canon. Thank goodness.

--
www.Wouter.Valentijn.name
www.zeppodunsel.nl

George Bateman

Oct 4, 2005, 3:48:05 PM10/4/05
Why can't there simply be a film about voyager after there return home.

"trekfan" <tre...@trekfan.com> wrote in message

Wouter Valentijn

Oct 4, 2005, 6:05:15 PM10/4/05
George Bateman wrote:
> Why can't there simply be a film about voyager after there return
> home.

<snip>

> I think they should make a movie that explains the beginnings of the
> Borg. They began when man combined with v'ger in the first movie,
> right?

Nope.
When Will Decker and the Ilia probe merged with V'ger it became a being of
pure energy. The Borg look nothing like that. Their origin has never before
been revealed. Maybe it was mentioned in a novel or so, but most novels
aren't canon.

George Bateman

Oct 5, 2005, 5:33:40 PM10/5/05
Think about it.
At the end of the film the energy was sent out far into space and as such
who is to say the energy never found a home and become solid matter and in
turn after time became the borg.

"Wouter Valentijn" <li...@valentijn.nu> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Kweeg

Oct 7, 2005, 5:58:52 AM10/7/05
"Aphelion" <son...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

> > Why can't there simply be a film about voyager after there return home.
>
> Because nobody cared about a TV series about Voyager *getting* home.

LOL!..... true......

--

Qa'pla
Kweeg

Wouter Valentijn

Oct 7, 2005, 10:37:23 AM10/7/05
George Bateman wrote:
> "Wouter Valentijn" <li...@valentijn.nu> wrote in message
>> George Bateman wrote:
>>> Why can't there simply be a film about voyager after there return
>>> home.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I think they should make a movie that explains the beginnings of the
>>> Borg. They began when man combined with v'ger in the first movie,
>>> right?
>>
>> Nope.
>> When Will Decker and the Ilia probe merged with V'ger it became a
>> being of pure energy. The Borg look nothing like that. Their origin
>> has never before been revealed. Maybe it was mentioned in a novel or
>> so, but most novels aren't canon.
>>
> Think about it.
> At the end of the film the energy was sent out far into space and as
> such who is to say the energy never found a home and become solid
> matter and in turn after time became the borg.

That's just a speculation.
I don't believe it happened that way. The Borg are a lot more primitive than
V'ger. And have been around longer than V'ger.

George Bateman

Oct 7, 2005, 3:47:41 PM10/7/05
Who is to say the borg are have been around longer than V'ger.
I have not seen or read anything about V'ger or the borg as to what one came
first.

"Wouter Valentijn" <li...@valentijn.nu> wrote in message

George Bateman

Oct 7, 2005, 3:50:49 PM10/7/05
With the script writers they have im sure the could come up with something
or other.
Something a bit fun with added excitement.

"Aphelion" <son...@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

Why can't there simply be a film about voyager after there return home.

Because nobody cared about a TV series about Voyager *getting* home.

Aphelion

Wouter Valentijn

Oct 7, 2005, 6:56:50 PM10/7/05

> Who is to say the borg are have been around longer than V'ger.
> I have not seen or read anything about V'ger or the borg as to what
> one came first.

The Borg that came from the time of Picard and were revived in the time of
Archer send out a signal towards the other Borg. And that was in the middle
of the 2150's.
In 2265 the Borg destroyed Guinan's homeworld. And this is also years before
the V'ger incident.
In 'Q Who' Guinan says: "They are a mixture of organic and artificial life
that has been developed over a thousand centuries."