David E. Powell

未读,
2006年1月30日 17:59:302006/1/30
收件人

shiloh wrote:
> Why was it fought? Where was it fought?
> who won and why?
>
> Thank you

Crossposted to alt.startrek.romulan, in case I get any of the following
wrong.

There was never a Romulan/Vulcan war. There was an Earth/Romulan war,
which happened before the Federation officially came to be. (Earth had
contacted and befriended Vulcans, but they were not yet united.)

You are probably thinking of the question of how there came to be a
split between the Romulans and the Vulcans. The origins of this are
explained in some of the Star Trek books.

Vulcan had come to a time where they philosophy of non violence was
ascendant. They had rejected the older ways and were becomeing very
pacifist. At this point they were invaded by an alien species which
committed some severe atrocities against the Vulcans. Some Vulcans
stayed true to the way of pacifism. Some others, led by a Vulcan named
S'Task, fought. They used mental telepathy as a weapon as well as
whaetver weapons they had or could steal from the enemy, and were able
to smash the invaders.

After the war, the fighters and the other Vulcans were separate, and
the philosophcal divide was so great that S'Task and his followers set
off on "generation ships" for long distance, ong duration space travel.
Some of those reached the twin planets of Eisn system, known to later
Terran explorers as "Romulus" and "Remus."

These split-offs formed the Romulan civilization.

Mike Dicenso

未读,
2006年1月31日 17:42:082006/1/31
收件人

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, David E. Powell wrote:

> shiloh wrote:
> > Why was it fought? Where was it fought?
> > who won and why?
> >
> > Thank you
>
> Crossposted to alt.startrek.romulan, in case I get any of the following
> wrong.
>
> There was never a Romulan/Vulcan war. There was an Earth/Romulan war,
> which happened before the Federation officially came to be. (Earth had
> contacted and befriended Vulcans, but they were not yet united.)
>
> You are probably thinking of the question of how there came to be a
> split between the Romulans and the Vulcans. The origins of this are
> explained in some of the Star Trek books.

Actually there is a Vulcan-Romulan war as referenced in VOY's "Death Wish"
[Season 2]. The episode does not tell us when this conflict occured, only
that it lasted 100 years, and that the Q Quinn may have started it
accidently.
-Mike

0 个新帖子