Fanfic plagiarism

TrexPhile

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
Someone posted some disturbing news to alt.tv.x-files.creative
and I wanted to pass it on here, since it has something to do
with Trek fanfic. Someone who claims to write "The Nanny"
fanfic has posted what she calls "her" stories to a website.
These stories are in actuality stories stolen from other fanfic
genres and passed off as originals. Most of the stories are
X-Files stories, but one of the stories ("Thoughts at 12:01 in the
Morning") is actually Ruth Gifford's "Night Thoughts" stories.

The site is at www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/8064
I've already emailed this slimeball, as have others. We've also
learned that this person did the same with "Lois and Clark"
fanfic and had her stories posted from a Nanny website.

TrexPhile

TrexPhile

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99

> I've already emailed this slimeball, as have others. We've also
> learned that this person did the same with "Lois and Clark"
> fanfic and had her stories posted from a Nanny website.
>
> TrexPhile

Er .. that was supposed to say "had her stories *removed* from
a Nanny website. Sorry. It's late.

TrexPhile

Raku2u

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
What "Nanny" is this? I can think of 3: Mary Poppins, Fran Drescher's (sp?)
char. in TV show of same name, ex-wife of Frasier Crane, who appears in several
eps of "Cheers" and maybe 1 or 2 of "Frasier."

I find it mind-boggling to imagine any of Ruth's stories being stolen and then
rewritten to fit any of those 3 categories...

raku

ImXFScully

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
This would be "The Nanny" -- imagine an angsty, NC17 fanfic with the names
"Mulder and Scully" replaced with "Max and Fran," and you've got the right
idea. Or, rather, you've been punished with the wrong one --

It's not only dishonest, it's ludicrous. Watch your fic -- the opportunities
for theft are where you'd least expect them --

Amy

DragonGrrl

Feb 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/7/99
I think this is something that fanfic writers have to put up with.
Technically, we're engaging in copyright infringement by writing fanfic
at all. If an unethical fanfic writer decides to steal ideas-- even
entire plots-- from someone else's fic, then nothing can be done about
it-- because under the law, we don't own the stories we wrote. We can't
do anything about it, other than put up notices on our own pages that
"yes, mine is the original"-- although that might be inflammatory, and
the "thieves" might try to pull the same thing. If it were my story, I
wouldn't do anything.

--DragonGrrl

Raku2u

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
Ruth raised the notion of putting a note or whatever one one's own site, as a
way of saying This Story Is Mine.

Another method I know of is concealing material in the story itself. First
letters of paragraphs spell something meaningful to the author, first letters
in words in a given area spell ditto, you get the idea.

Probably such things would need to be put in several places just on the odd
chance that the plagiarizer does *some* editing work.

But I personally figure that once I put it on Usenet, or a web page, it's gone,
out of my control. It's part of the price I pay writing stuff in a universe
that's missing copyright protections.

raku, mulling similarities between "the Nanny" and Neelix...
-----
"Look! There's Barbie!" --a young friend on seeing Yeoman Rand for the first
time

mail me at rak...@aol.com
raku-ish stories at http://members.aol.com/Raku2u
-----

Raku2u

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
Ruth, that vixen, wrote:

>I'm just waiting for some poor slob to start ripping off our slash and
>rewriting it as "Dukes of Hazard" fic.

That'd be tremendous--Tom Paris and Tuvok loose in a convertible, with Boss
Hogg/Kathryn trying to get them to behave.

You *know* Tuvok would be great in a convertible. Or maybe that's c*nv*rt*bl*.

Hmn. Does Starsky ever go into pon farr? Does Hawkeye ever stop to consult his
spirit guide? (guess there's a double entendre there...)

C'mon, it'll be fun...

raku

Joyce Harmon

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
In article <36be6840...@news.earthlink.net>, eres...@cyberg8t.com
says...

>On 7 Feb 1999 16:17:43 GMT, rak...@aol.combunifufu (Raku2u) wrote:
>
>>What "Nanny" is this?
>
>It's the Fran Drescher show. And the stories that were ripped off were a
>pair of fairly tame (for me) P/C stories (his and her thoughts of the
>other). The person who has the page of stolen stories (goes by the handle
>Naughty Nanny <naught...@hotmail.com>) only changed the necessary words
>to fit the "Nanny" characters, otherwise, they're the same stories.
>
>They've done this to three respected X-Files het smut writers, and,
>apparently to a Riker/Troi writer as well. This is a sad and pathetic
>person, gang.

Is it shallow of me to think that the offense was compounded by turning the
stories into *Nanny* fic? The horror, the horror!

Joyce

Beth

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
> Let's add another one to the list. Large sections of "And The Tony Goes
> To..." have been lifted from a P/C story that was published here within the
> last year. Thus far I haven't been able to track the original story down
> yet but the Cliff Notes version is Beverly is pregnant and confined to bed.
> She is reading Shakespeare to pass the time. (The Naughty Nanny even has
> Fran reading the same stories.) She goes into labor but doesn't tell
> Jean-Luc and in the end they debate about the baby's name. Sound familar?
> It does to me.
>
> zoinky

The story you're thinking of is by ilsa called The Arrival. I know it's
up on her site, but I don't have the addy handy.

Beth

Ruth Gifford

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 05:36:00 GMT, trxp...@mindspring.com (TrexPhile)
wrote:

>Someone posted some disturbing news to alt.tv.x-files.creative
>and I wanted to pass it on here, since it has something to do
>with Trek fanfic. Someone who claims to write "The Nanny"
>fanfic has posted what she calls "her" stories to a website.
>These stories are in actuality stories stolen from other fanfic
>genres and passed off as originals. Most of the stories are
>X-Files stories, but one of the stories ("Thoughts at 12:01 in the
>Morning") is actually Ruth Gifford's "Night Thoughts" stories.

Guys, this is seriously upsetting. I've posted to AXTC and ASCEM(L) about
this as well. Below, I've posted information from Shannara about who to
write to at Geocities. If you do complaint, please do *not* complain about
the NC-17 nature of the page owner's site. There are a lot of smut fanfic
writers who achive at Geocities and we don't want Geocities cracking down
on them.

>Here is the place to complain to Geocities about the plagiarizing:
>http://www.geocities.com/main/info/company/contact/alert_form.html

>The site of the person doing the stealing is
>http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/8064/

Ruth
more than a little annoyed about this

* Ruth | Visit GiffStein Productions *
* Gifford | http://www.cyberg8t.com/ereshkgl/ *
*-------------------------------------------------*
* Better living thru TrekSmut--See for Yourself! *
* http://come.to/treksmut/ *

"I'll just say my prayers
light myself on fire
and walk out on the wire once again"

"Good Night Elizabeth"
Counting Crows

Ruth Gifford

Ruth Gifford

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99

I strongly disagree here. This isn't a matter os someone stealing an idea.
I was flattered and tickled pink when Vicotr Wong started writing
PythonTreks, which was an idea I got off an AOL bulletin board. Igot an
idea for an ASC award winning story from an old bit of TOS fanfic later
published by Bantam. This is different.

This is a case of someone taking a story (in my case, two stories) already
written, changing only the names of the characters and a few situational
details and posting the story as their own work.

I don't buy the "we write fanfic and so we are doing the same thing"
argument at all. We take characters created by literally dozens of people
(actor, writers, directors, producers) and fit them into our own stories.
We make up original stuff, and we work hard on it. And we aknowledge the
ownership of those characters and their universe, whereas this person did
not aknowledge the poeple sie ripped off, nor did sie put in the time and
effort I and the other affected writers put inot our stories.

Ruth Gifford

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99

One thing I forgot to suggest on this subject:

Could anyone who is on a fanfic mailing list, particularly a het pairing
mailing list (BONC, JetC, and so on), please pass this information on?
People need to check this person's website for their stuff, because there's
nothing to suggest that the "writer" is going to stop doing this.

Ruth

Here are the basics:

There is a web page run by someone called "Naughty Nanny" for erotic fanfic
based on the TV show "The Nanny." This person is known to have plagiarized
three X-Files fanfic writers, and two TrekSmut writers. This is pure
plagiarism here; Naughty Nanny has taken entire stories and simply replaced
characters and done a little tailoring to fit the different fandom.
Essentially, the stories are the same as the original XF or Trek stories.

Please check the page
<http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/8064/>
and see if your own work has been stolen. If you'd like to complain write
to Naughty Nanny <naught...@hotmail.com> and/or the Geocities abuse page
and complain.

<<Here is the place to complain to Geocities about the plagiarizing:
http://www.geocities.com/main/info/company/contact/alert_form.html

The site of the person doing the stealing is
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/8064/>>

this info courtesy of Shannara.

Thanks,

Ruth Gifford

shannar...@pnx.com

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
Heh, the X-Philes over on ATXC have started some of their own parodies
of their own work recast as sitcom characters. All as a way to have
fun ridiculing this "Naughty Nanny." Someone over there recommended
complaining about the NC-17 aspect, but as Ruth said, this is NOT a
good idea, since there is a lot of fanfic on Geocities with NC-17
content. We don't want the good guys yanked, just this plagiarist.

On Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:36:06 GMT, eres...@cyberg8t.com (Ruth Gifford)
wrote:

>On 7 Feb 1999 16:17:43 GMT, rak...@aol.combunifufu (Raku2u) wrote:
>
>>What "Nanny" is this? I can think of 3: Mary Poppins, Fran Drescher's (sp?)
>>char. in TV show of same name, ex-wife of Frasier Crane, who appears in several
>>eps of "Cheers" and maybe 1 or 2 of "Frasier."
>>
>>I find it mind-boggling to imagine any of Ruth's stories being stolen and then
>>rewritten to fit any of those 3 categories...
>
>It's the Fran Drescher show. And the stories that were ripped off were a
>pair of fairly tame (for me) P/C stories (his and her thoughts of the
>other). The person who has the page of stolen stories (goes by the handle
>Naughty Nanny <naught...@hotmail.com>) only changed the necessary words
>to fit the "Nanny" characters, otherwise, they're the same stories.
>
>They've done this to three respected X-Files het smut writers, and,
>apparently to a Riker/Troi writer as well. This is a sad and pathetic
>person, gang.
>
>I'm just waiting for some poor slob to start ripping off our slash and
>rewriting it as "Dukes of Hazard" fic.
>
>Ruth

JOIN in the BODY of the message.

zoinky

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99

Chris V. <c...@tcom.co.uk> wrote in article <36BDE1...@tcom.co.uk>...
> x-no-archive: yes

Someone who claims to write "The Nanny"
> > fanfic has posted what she calls "her" stories to a website.
> > These stories are in actuality stories stolen from other fanfic
> > genres and passed off as originals. Most of the stories are
> > X-Files stories, but one of the stories ("Thoughts at 12:01 in the
> > Morning") is actually Ruth Gifford's "Night Thoughts" stories.
>

> I read a story that sounded really familiar, and that I
> *knew* was an Imzadi fic. After hunting around I found it. 'You Always
> Said' by Imz has been plagiarised and remodelled into 'Promises Kept'.
> So It isn't only Ruth Gifford's P/C fic that has been stolen.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/8064>
> I urge you to check it out and see if other Trek fic has been stolen.
>
> Chris

weecat

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
The address is il...@bellsouth.net on the heading for her stories.

weecat

Feb 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/8/99
I believe the story is The Arrival by Ilsa and a part of the Twenty
Questions series of stories. Damn shame that somebody is ripping off
these authors after all the work they have done to provide us all with
pleasurable reading.

Quoth

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
On 8 Feb 1999 18:06:08 GMT, rak...@aol.combunifufu (Raku2u) wrote:

>Ruth, that vixen, wrote:
>
>>I'm just waiting for some poor slob to start ripping off our slash and
>>rewriting it as "Dukes of Hazard" fic.
>>

>That'd be tremendous--Tom Paris and Tuvok loose in a convertible, with Boss
>Hogg/Kathryn trying to get them to behave.

LOL! That is one funny image...

>You *know* Tuvok would be great in a convertible. Or maybe that's c*nv*rt*bl*.

You naughty person! You said it without the ASTERISKS! Oh, the horror!

>Hmn. Does Starsky ever go into pon farr? Does Hawkeye ever stop to consult his
>spirit guide? (guess there's a double entendre there...)

MASH! Yea MASH! (You can tell I'm a huge MASH fan, right?) I want
Hawkeye to consult his spirit guide (but wasn't he an agnostic?)

>C'mon, it'll be fun...

You can say that again... <g>

Cheers!
Quoth

Matthew R Blackwell

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
wrote:

>On 7 Feb 1999 16:17:43 GMT, rak...@aol.combunifufu (Raku2u) wrote:

<snip>

>I'm just waiting for some poor slob to start ripping off our slash and
>rewriting it as "Dukes of Hazard" fic.

Would this be a good time to mention that people *are* writing "Dukes
of Hazzard" fanfic?

Matt- It's not as bad as "Saving Private Ryan" fanfic...

i...@geocities.com

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
In article <01be532e$e1ffeec0$403f1ed1@default>,

"zoinky" <kat...@flash.net> wrote:

> Chris V. <c...@tcom.co.uk> wrote in article <36BDE1...@tcom.co.uk>...
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> Someone who claims to write "The Nanny"
> > > fanfic has posted what she calls "her" stories to a website.
> > > These stories are in actuality stories stolen from other fanfic
> > > genres and passed off as originals. Most of the stories are
> > > X-Files stories, but one of the stories ("Thoughts at 12:01 in the
> > > Morning") is actually Ruth Gifford's "Night Thoughts" stories.
> >

> > I read a story that sounded really familiar, and that I
> > *knew* was an Imzadi fic. After hunting around I found it. 'You Always
> > Said' by Imz has been plagiarised and remodelled into 'Promises Kept'.
> > So It isn't only Ruth Gifford's P/C fic that has been stolen.
> >
> > <http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/8064>
> > I urge you to check it out and see if other Trek fic has been stolen.
> >
> > Chris

I know I haven't been around for awhile, but...*sigh* anyway..
she also took "Perspectives" (written by me and found on
my website and changed (?) it into (oddly enough ;-( .....
Perspectives ( the title....could she not even change the title?!)

imz
http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/3050/stories.html

i...@geocities.com

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
In article <79phok$7p5$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

also (sorry, just found another one) My Girl is "Someone Special"

imz

Raku2u

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99

>Is it shallow of me to think that the offense was compounded by turning the
>stories into *Nanny* fic? The horror, the horror!

Yeah, that's what I think, too, but I wasn't sure how many "Nanny" fans there
are out there...

I mean, hey, steal my stuff, ok, but for heaven's sake put it into a *sensible*
world, one that's at least SF...

raku

Unzadi

Feb 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/9/99
>Would this be a good time to mention that people *are* writing "Dukes
>of Hazzard" fanfic?
>
>Matt- It's not as bad as "Saving Private Ryan" fanfic...
></PRE></HTML>

Would this be the right time to mention that back in my young and stupid teen
days, I *did* write "Dukes of Hazzard" fanfic? Not slash, but it was Dukes,
and often included clumsy attempts at romance. Thankfully, none of it survives
to this day, a deliberate act on my part.

"Saving Private Ryan" fanfic? Shudder. Why? Why? As in the case of Nanny
porn, I must ask "why?" -- but I don't want to know the answer.

The fact that fanfic is plagiarised at all just makes me shake my head
sadly...which makes interesting variations on the bright scarlet red I see when
I find examples of such. It's happened to me, it's happened to friends of
mine, and when it happens to anyone in our fanfic community, it raises my ire.

It's *got* to take less to create a new story than to translate Picard and
Crusher into Maxwell and Fran. I enjoy both couples, but aside from the men's
accents (and Picard is supposed to be *French,* fer pity's sake!) I can't find
anything else in common.

Rant over...for now...

Anna
Friends don't let friends write bad fanfic!

Chamber of the Warrior Queen
http://members.aol.com/unzadi

Eliza1701A

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
>Someone who claims to write "The Nanny"

>> I know I haven't been around for awhile, but...*sigh* anyway..
>> she also took "Perspectives" (written by me and found on
>> my website and changed (?) it into (oddly enough ;-( .....
>> Perspectives ( the title....could she not even change the title?!)
>>
>> imz
>> http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Strasse/3050/stories.html
>

>also (sorry, just found another one) My Girl is "Someone Special"
>
>imz

maybe this person doesn't have an orignial thought in their head, and has to
steal it from other people. i think this is a shame. i would totally be pissed
if someone did this to me.

just adding my 2 cents, going back to lurking

Raku2u

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
It's taken 48 hours for the idea to occur to my flu-addled brain, but it hit me
last night that my post imagining Tuvok in the Dukes of Hazzard world might not
be the best idea ever.

If memory serves, the car they drive has the Confederate flag on top, correct?
And the horn plays the opening bars of "Dixie"? If either of those is correct,
I'm sure Tuvok's time would be better spent in a society with different values.

raku, hoping I haven't pissed anyone off...

Randy Landers

Feb 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/10/99
Shannon says
<<Not to mention the Dukes weren't racist. Not all Southerners are,
y'know. :-)>>

Quite true, and thanks for remembering.

--
Randy Landers
ORION PRESS

SongSylvan

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99
>If memory serves, the car they drive has the Confederate flag on top,
>correct?
>And the horn plays the opening bars of "Dixie"? If either of those is
>correct,
>I'm sure Tuvok's time would be better spent in a society with different
>values.
>
>raku, hoping I haven't pissed anyone off...

Tuvok isn't human, and that isn't his history, so probably it wouldn't mean
anything to him. In fact, it'd be interesting to see if humans of the 20th
century would recognize those symbols for what they are by their time.

Not to mention the Dukes weren't racist. Not all Southerners are, y'know. :-)

Shannon

northsider

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99

No we are not; and, the Confederate flag does not mean the same thing to
all Southerners. In fact, to most of us, it is a way of thumbing our
nose at the rest of the world that looks down on us. In fact, I have a
niece who has a black boyfriend and they fly the confederate flag on
their car. Like I said, it is a way of saying if you have problems with
who and what I am its your problem because I am what I am and I am not
ashamed of it.

I think Tuvok would understand!
--
=Sandra=
Spend too much time with people of like mind and you will lose yours.

uisg...@hotmail.com

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99
I got into this late... Someone told me she had rewritten "Would You, Could
You" my Dr. Suess P/T fic?

Wow, what a nut job. Anyway, don't want to miss out on my turn at kicking her
butt verbally...

Tara LJC O'Shea
uisg...@hotmail.com

Jungle Kitty

Feb 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/11/99
Raku2u wrote:

> If memory serves, the car they drive has the Confederate flag on top, correct?
> And the horn plays the opening bars of "Dixie"?

Raku, you are really scaring me. :-D

--
Jungle Kitty, proud to know nothing about "Dukes of Hazzard" other than
what can be learned surfing through it as quickly as possible.

http://www.accesscom.com/~jkitty

Why Jungle Kitty Is Always So Tired
(sung to the tune of "Family Tradition" with thanks to Hank, Jr.)

I say it's just my muse, resistance ain't no use
When the captain wants to work up some friction.
If I get stoned and write all night long,
It's just a Treksmut tradition.

NotSharon

Feb 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/12/99
Jungle Kitty wrote:

> Raku2u wrote:
>
> > If memory serves, the car they drive has the Confederate flag on top, correct?
> > And the horn plays the opening bars of "Dixie"?
>
> Raku, you are really scaring me. :-D

You want scary? I was home sick a week or so back and happened upon "The Dukes of
Hazard" on TNN (The Nashville Network :-P ). Who did I see but Jonathan Frakes
playing Boss Hogg's nephew--and Daisy Duke's love interest--Jamie Lee Hogg.
Unfortunately, it is now etched in my memory. I am seeking a cure. :)

NotSharon

Raku2u

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
Yeah, he seems to have gotten around on the various non-Trek shows. I spotted
him when I was channel surfing the other day in some kind of kid movie, I
think--he was wearing Frontier Garb and was struggling with a river.

I also spotted Q in a movie a few weeks back that involved him driving a van
very badly, causing a traffic accident and leaving the scene. It was such
Q-like behavior I had to stop and check it wasn't a TNG ep I'd missed.

Alas, it wasn't. Rats.

libr...@well-com.net.au

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
In article <19990212202415...@ng16.aol.com>,

rak...@aol.combunifufu (Raku2u) wrote:
> Yeah, he seems to have gotten around on the various non-Trek shows. I spotted
> him when I was channel surfing the other day in some kind of kid movie, I
> think--he was wearing Frontier Garb and was struggling with a river.

Don't know that one, but if North And South (I, II or III) screens anywhere
near anyone soon, watch it and see him play a bastard (and I *don't* mean
that he's illegitimate ;-). Or there's the ancient 80s miniseries Bare
Essence which starred his wife.

Riker's one of his better roles IMHO.

Joanne, who watched ST: Insurrection and almost *screamed* when you-know-what
was removed.

Terri Ponce

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

libr...@well-com.net.au wrote in message
<7a3rb2$76h$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>In article <19990212202415...@ng16.aol.com>,
> rak...@aol.combunifufu (Raku2u) wrote:
>> Yeah, he seems to have gotten around on the various non-Trek shows. I
spotted
>> him when I was channel surfing the other day in some kind of kid movie, I
>> think--he was wearing Frontier Garb and was struggling with a river.
>
>Don't know that one, but if North And South (I, II or III) screens anywhere
>near anyone soon, watch it and see him play a bastard (and I *don't* mean
>that he's illegitimate ;-). Or there's the ancient 80s miniseries Bare
>Essence which starred his wife.
>
>Riker's one of his better roles IMHO.
>
>Joanne, who watched ST: Insurrection and almost *screamed* when
you-know-what
>was removed.

*Almost* screamed!!?!?!

I DID!!!!!

--Terri--

Unzadi

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
>>Joanne, who watched ST: Insurrection and almost *screamed* when
>you-know-what
>>was removed.
>>

>*Almost* screamed!!?!?!
>
>I DID!!!!!
>
>--Terri--

Sigh. I was a concientous (sp?) objector and didn't see the film. Though I
did express my outrage when reading the script outline...

Stephen Ratliff

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Jungle Kitty (jki...@accesscom.com) wrote:
: Raku2u wrote:
:
: > If memory serves, the car they drive has the Confederate flag on top, correct?
: > And the horn plays the opening bars of "Dixie"?
:
: Raku, you are really scaring me. :-D
:
: --
: Jungle Kitty, proud to know nothing about "Dukes of Hazzard" other than
: what can be learned surfing through it as quickly as possible.

If you go though Hazard County as Quickly as possible, you will get
caught in Sherrif Rosco P Cotrain's speed trap, and Marrissa will soon
discover in the short peice this thread just inspired.

Stephen
--
Stephen Ratliff Radford University
srat...@runet.edu Roanoke, VA 24018

"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well
earned." -- Kretek, Romulan Liaison Officer, "Image in the Sand"

Bill Livingston

Feb 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/16/99
Previously on "Carter Country", Stephen Ratliff wrote:
>Jungle Kitty (jki...@accesscom.com) wrote:
>:Raku2u wrote:
>:>If memory serves, the car they drive has the Confederate flag on top,
>:>correct? And the horn plays the opening bars of "Dixie"?
>:
>:Raku, you are really scaring me. :-D
>:Jungle Kitty, proud to know nothing about "Dukes of Hazzard" other than

>:what can be learned surfing through it as quickly as possible.
>
>If you go though Hazard County as Quickly as possible, you will get
>caught in Sherrif Rosco P Cotrain's speed trap, and Marrissa will soon
>discover in the short peice this thread just inspired.

Okay, Stephen, now you're scaring *me*.

But that's okay - I scare easy.

Bill L.
C'mon, Flash!