ASC AWards:Wolf and Otter Award for Best New Author

Diana Challis

Apr 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/2/98

There have been many excellent stories posted this year and I was amazed
to discover just how many of the authors were totally new to this site
only this year -congratulations all.

However there is only one author whose work i feel so strongly about
that I broke my near terminal writing shyness to nominate:

46) Liz Williams for best new author. Her stories are based around
Garak, with such examples as: In a Stone City, Nom de Plume and
Snakecharmer.

Liz manages to retain perfect canon behaviour on the surface while
delving deeply into every character that she writes, with tremendous
psychological insight for every one. Her stories are also graceful and
poetic with some of the most beautiful use of language I've seen
anywhere (and that includes professional novels!). It is her work that
has turned me into the rabid fan-fic junkie I am today.