anybody seen this TOS fic?

1 view

Sara Strickler

Nov 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/9/00
I read a TOS story by the name of "Betrayed" a long long time ago and i
could only read the first four parts. I couldnt find the rest anywhere.
The plot is that McCoy is captured and everybody except the very sick and
messed up Spock who cannot tell them he is alive. The Enterprise crew is
not happy about Kirk being the captain. McCoy is in a prison at the end of
part four. I didnt describe it very well but if you know of it and can tell
me where to find the rest of it, i would be greatly oblidged.
-Kel

email me at spooky...@home.com

Randy Guy

Nov 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/9/00
We're selling Mary Rottler and Lynn Syck's novella BETRAYED, but only until
March 31st 2001.

--
Randy Landers
ORION PRESS

For more than 35MB of quality on-line Star Trek fan fiction,
Classic -- TOS
http://www.mindspring.com/~randylanders/tosindex.htm

"Sara Strickler" <saras...@home.com> wrote in message

Gamin Davis

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
On 09 Nov 2000, saras...@home.com (Sara Strickler) said
<ijFO5.38264$a7.7...@news1.rdc1.il.home.com> in alt.startrek.creative:
>I read a TOS story by the name of "Betrayed" a long long time ago and i
>could only read the first four parts. I couldnt find the rest anywhere.
>The plot is that McCoy is captured and everybody except the very sick
>and messed up Spock who cannot tell them he is alive. The Enterprise
>crew is not happy about Kirk being the captain. McCoy is in a prison at
>the end of part four. I didnt describe it very well but if you know of
>it and can tell me where to find the rest of it, i would be greatly
>oblidged.

Are you sure this was an online fanfic? I became aware not too long
ago of a fanzine novel by that title with a similar-sounding plot.
Gamin

MELIR2

Nov 11, 2000, 2:00:56 AM11/11/00
Actually, the entire story was posted on the net and then was greatly revised
through input from readers. After that, Randy kindly printed it despite the
fact it had been posted on the net. And I believe he received some negative
coments from doing so. There are the first four parts posted in ASC archive
but the entire story is much longer, and hopefully in readers minds, much
better.
Mary

Randy Guy

Nov 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/11/00
> Actually, the entire story was posted on the net and then was greatly
revised
> through input from readers. After that, Randy kindly printed it despite
the
> fact it had been posted on the net. And I believe he received some
negative
> coments from doing so.

*sigh* Screw 'em, Mary.

> There are the first four parts posted in ASC archive
> but the entire story is much longer, and hopefully in readers minds, much
> better.

It also has a wonderful color cover by Christine Myers.

Unfortunately, like so many of our zines, it will only be available until
March 31st 2001.

--
Randy Landers
ORION PRESS
For more information on our Star Trek fanzines,
visit us at http://www.mindspring.com/~randylanders

For more than 35MB of quality on-line Star Trek fan fiction,
Classic -- TOS
http://www.mindspring.com/~randylanders/tosindex.htm

Contributors, Editors, Artists and Readers are invited to join us at:
http://www.onelist.com/community/OrionPress